What Lego set did you buy today?

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

Kmart cancelled one of my store pick up Death Troopers yesterday. Had to call SYW to get all my points back. Was sure that the store had these on the shelf so went to check today. Sweet revenge.

20×75120 K-2SO $4 each before the below shenanigans
16×75121 Death Trooper $4 each

Used:
$37 in points
$15 on $65 FC
$10 on $50 FC
$2 on $20 FC
Across several transactions.

Paid $79.58 OoP after tax, which makes these $2.08 each before tax.

Received 2× $6 FC coupons and $7 back in points.
Plus a generous helping of $5 off $35 coupons, as well as a coupon for a free Hot Wheels car w purchase.

Obligatory haul pic:
20180222_143005.jpg

How does Kmart stay in business again?

• Like 1

By getting rid of turds any which way to have space for something that could sell better. Plus @Phil B has to make another trip back to use those coupons and for sure the wife will want something expensive at full price so they are playing the long game.

TRU could do well to take note.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 1

By getting rid of turds any which way to have space for something that could sell better. Plus [mention=60440]Phil B[/mention] has to make another trip back to use those coupons and for sure the wife will want something expensive at full price so they are playing the long game.
You have obviously not been in a KMart in a while ... If there's something they've got plenty, it's space ....

16 minutes ago, Phil B said:
21 minutes ago, Val-E said:
By getting rid of turds any which way to have space for something that could sell better. Plus [mention=60440]Phil B[/mention] has to make another trip back to use those coupons and for sure the wife will want something expensive at full price so they are playing the long game.

You have obviously not been in a KMart in a while ... If there's something they've got plenty, it's space ....

Bottled air would still sell better than those sets, right?

9 hours ago, Val-E said:

I believe you may be the first person in the world to stand a chance of making a profit on these.

Eh, it's a good joke but the US market is different. W-M cleared them out for $5 over the summer and they're moving on AZ for around RRP now.

I already made my profit selling to a reseller (or someone who needed a lot of party favors).

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

Went back for seconds ....

30×75119 Jyn Erso $4 each.

$80.25 total after tax ($2.52 each before tax), used:

2×$5 off $35 coupon
2×$6 FreeCash coupon
$25 in points

Plus got 2x$5 back in points, and a free Hot wheels F-150 raptor.

20180223_113217.jpg

I think Phil is singlehandidly putting Kmart out of business. Get ready for a new round of store closures. :)

• Like 5

Just realized that IF the $5 in points cards were indeed multiple use per account, and IF I had spotted them before I started checking out, I could have bought that lot for $44+tax by ringing the first 11 up full price with $5 back each, and then using the accumulated points plus the points I had to buy the remainder :) Or buy all 30 one by one and end up with $150 in points for $120 spent .... What a missed opportunity! *wink*

• Like 2

On 2/21/2018 at 5:27 PM, terrymc4677 said:

10259 Winter Village Station x24. 20% off / $64 each Walmart.com deal from the other day.

Train stations and the Winter Village theme have always done well for me. Combine the two and this set is a safe bet to do well once retired. 20% isn't a great discount, but the winter sets rarely get discounted unless you have a Lego store nearby and they are trying to move them after the season is over. Even then it's usually only 30%. 

I just tried to place another order of 12 but it looks like they finally sold out after a few days. Bummer.

Of course you get mint boxes and I get the guy with banana hands to package mine ?

Was at the mall last night and walked into a Disney Store.  I was bewildered when I saw two Star Was Millennium Falcon 75105 just sitting on the shelf with a sticker price of priced at $106.99

At the register, I asked if there was any more available and the cashier said, they have more how many do I need.  Did I want to take all of them....  I said I'll take as many as I can afford, but if you have 50 + units, I can't afford that many I asked them if they can check their stock first.  

Cashier comes back and she was told that 4 more were available.  I told the nice cashier OK, I will take all 4 plus the 2 units on the counter.

When I was getting rung up.  The 4 sets in the back were not 75105 as they claimed, but were First Order Star Destroyer 75190 for $169.95. LOL.

Item was scanned and it was marked $106.99 each.

So I walked out with the 2x 75105 @ 106.xx + a Buzz Lightyear 12" Talking Action Figure @ $20 plus had to buy an reusable ECO bag for 50 cents.

IMG_5939.JPG

IMG_5940.JPG

Edited by drmirage
  • Like 6

It was a good day for me for CL finds yesterday:

41037 Stephanie’s Beach House, NISB, $25

DSC00291 - Resized.JPG

10211 Grand Emporium, Used, $100, Complete, no instructions.

I was planning to sell this one but decided to keep it because I am impressed with this set.  It is my first modular set and I really like the window washer, the skylight, the sign on top of the building and the chandelier!

Since I am planning to build a city scene it will be an excellent start…

1DSC00292 - Resized.JPG

2DSC00298 - Resized.JPG

3DSC00297 - Resized.JPG

4DSC00293 - Resized.JPG

5DSC00294 - Resized.JPG

6DSC00295 - Resized.JPG

7DSC00296 - Resized.JPG

Edited by LegoWalker4
  • Like 7

Guest TabbyBoy

Amazon UK:

2x 41185 Elves Magic Rescue at £35 each.

2x 41188 Elves Breakout at £34.99 each.

I'd rather order from there than Argos. If the boxes are crap, that's next Xmas presents sorted!