What Lego set did you buy today?

After not being able to find the 60150 Pizza Van during the Walmart clearance sale or on sale anyplace else, I bought one at Costco for $13.99 (30% off) for personal build and there were plenty of them left.  In case you missed out too, this is not a bad price for the personal collection and will fit well with a city scene and/or modular collection  That is my plan anyway.

• Like 2

Just now, Alpinemaps said:

10230 Mini Modulars $40 CL

It’s kinda a white whale for me. I’ve wanted this set for awhile. I stupidly missed out when it was doing the retirement dance. I BL’d, but never was happy with that. Couldn’t pass up a good deal on it.

Which sense does it make to own it when no successor set will follow?

Picked up the 75919 Indominus rex Breakout and 70413 The Brick Bounty sets today I bought off of CL for $155.  The Indominus rex Breakout set is complete with the box and instructions while The Brick Bounty is 99% complete with the box and instructions.  The shark is substituted with an alligator and I can get the shark on BrickLink.  Both sets are bagged according to the instructions.

I am selling the Jurassic World set and that will help to pay for most, if not all, of The Brick Bounty which is for me.  It will go well with my other pirate and castle sets!

Thanks to the Brick Picker community I know a good deal when I see one.   :) 

DSC00432 - Resized.JPG

DSC00433 - Resized.JPG

DSC00434 - Resized.JPG

Edited by LegoWalker4
  • Like 1

I just got the Lego two-face chase set for $45.99 and it was 99.99% complete with box and minifigures, it was a great deal! I got it of a ebay seller that had it in his collection that he was trying to sell. What websites do you guys go on for deals?I'm trying to make a choice if I should sell it for a good profit, or should I wait a couple of months, and it just retired, and it will be missing on amazon and retailers like that in a couple of years most likely. The only way in a couple of years if you want one, you will most likely have to go on Ebay and other third party sellers. 

25 minutes ago, The Builder said:

I just got the Lego two-face chase set for $45.99 and it was 99.99% complete with box and minifigures, it was a great deal! I got it of a ebay seller that had it in his collection that he was trying to sell. What websites do you guys go on for deals?I'm trying to make a choice if I should sell it for a good profit, or should I wait a couple of months, and it just retired, and it will be missing on amazon and retailers like that in a couple of years most likely. The only way in a couple of years if you want one, you will most likely have to go on Ebay and other third party sellers. 

Where we go for deals:

Are you talking about this set?
6864-1.jpg?201111200207

This retired about 4-5 years ago and it has been long gone from retail already. Average eBay sales are $35-45 (+shipping) for used/complete.
I'm fairly certain I saw this set go up to $100+ new on Amazon a couple of years back and now it's at $76 ($66.99+shipping for lowest non-Prime). :(
Another reason for losing hope on Super Heroes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lodibricks said:

Where we go for deals:

Are you talking about this set?
6864-1.jpg?201111200207

This retired about 4-5 years ago and it has been long gone from retail already. Average eBay sales are $35-45 (+shipping) for used/complete.
I'm fairly certain I saw this set go up to $100+ new on Amazon a couple of years back and now it's at $76 ($66.99+shipping for lowest non-Prime). :(
Another reason for losing hope on Super Heroes.

it hit ~ $150 in Jan'17

• Like 1

Assembled Helicarrier complete with box, instructions and all minifigs (incl nanofigs) for $185. Same seller wants me to take seven Star Wars sets for $275. (UCS Tie, UCS snowspeeder, UCS Slave 1, BB8, FOSD, Kylo Ren shuttle, and Rebel Combat Frigate) all complete, built for display. I’d be stupid to pass that up, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

On 3/25/2018 at 2:33 PM, buidee said:

I went to Target looking for the 19.99 Friends bumper cars (found none) but bought these 5 in 1 Target exclusives for 24.98 each (50% off) instead.  

Thanks for the photo with the DPCI (HTF).  I'm in for 11 and I expect that come Thursday I can snag another 10-20 when the other 2/3 of my stores drop prices.  This one may have flown under the radar - 16 sellers on AMZ ($49), and these were easy flips in November- in for $19-20, out for $40.

And hopefully Thursday I can grab some bumper cars that get reduced to 70% off.  Multiple stores have them gathering dust at 50% off - maybe the 30% off tags have something to do with that. :) 

fri.jpg

Missed the really really good deals at Target this morning.  However, I was able to snag two Destiny Bounty for $99 each.  When I went to pick up at my local store they still had one more on the shelf (although website said their inventory was zero).  I took that one up to customer service and asked if they would price match the $99 price of the two I was picking up  (by this time the price was back up to regular retail).  They were nice enough to price match.  

Picked up two Batman Knight Crawler as well for $20 each.

Bad thing was they slapped pick up labels on my Destiney boxes.  I got 95% of the residue off with a hair dryer and some eyeglasses cleaner. =(

IMG_8978.jpg

• Like 3