What Lego set did you buy today?

Bit of a rant here.

I bought myself an Ant-Man minifigure,

A lovely buyer on eBay opened a return on the 20th of December but couldn't be arsed to return it until the 9th of Jan. I have a 14 day return policy, yet apparently buyers only have to OPEN the return within 14 days, they can then wait ANOTHER 14 business days to actually ship it. I know eBay always sides with the buyer but this is absurd. It doesn't even have to get to me within the second span of 14, they just have to have shipped it, whereas for sellers it has to have actually arrived within deadlines.

Don't know why I bother caring because I know I will lose every time but it just riles me up.

Bought a used 7946 Kings Castle off of OfferUp yesterday for $75. The listing said it was missing 3-4 pieces but I decided to take a chance. Of course it was missing closer to 10 pieces after I inventoried it, but surprisingly all the minifigs and loose weapons were there and all of the castle shields.... spent $5 on bricklink this morning to order all 10 missing pieces. 

• Like 4

Bought a used 7946 Kings Castle off of OfferUp yesterday for $75. The listing said it was missing 3-4 pieces but I decided to take a chance. Of course it was missing closer to 10 pieces after I inventoried it, but surprisingly all the minifigs and loose weapons were there and all of the castle shields.... spent $5 on bricklink this morning to order all 10 missing pieces. 
Not many people actually run an inventory on sets. When I buy vintage sets i always assume its missing a few pieces even when they claim it is complete. Just comes with the territory.

Sent from my ancient phone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

4 hours ago, Rog said:

Bit of a rant here.

I bought myself an Ant-Man minifigure,

A lovely buyer on eBay opened a return on the 20th of December but couldn't be arsed to return it until the 9th of Jan. I have a 14 day return policy, yet apparently buyers only have to OPEN the return within 14 days, they can then wait ANOTHER 14 business days to actually ship it. I know eBay always sides with the buyer but this is absurd. It doesn't even have to get to me within the second span of 14, they just have to have shipped it, whereas for sellers it has to have actually arrived within deadlines.

Don't know why I bother caring because I know I will lose every time but it just riles me up.

confused; what part does the Antman minifigure plays in your rant?

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

Swapped one of my Pet Shops for two Mars Rovers and two... wait for it...  Exo Suits!  As far as RRP goes, I had a bum deal, but I don't think so ?

Edited by TabbyBoy

While being disappointed with the lack of good clearance at an out of the way Walmart. I spot a 9391 Crawler Crane sitting on the shelf. I immediately look around for Exciter1, thinking I fell through a worm hole into his Walmart. [ Unfortunately I wouldn’t recognize him if he hit me upside the head with a lego box ] I checked outside, there were no horse & buggies so that put that theory to rest.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, Jimking23 said:

While being disappointed with the lack of good clearance at an out of the way Walmart. I spot a 9391 Crawler Crane sitting on the shelf. I immediately look around for Exciter1, thinking I fell through a worm hole into his Walmart. [ Unfortunately I wouldn’t recognize him if he hit me upside the head with a lego box ] I checked outside, there were no horse & buggies so that put that theory to rest.

You mean you didn't see a helmet-less storm trooper? I think everyone looks like their avatar, so, CATS.

I caved and got the UCS Snowspeeder thru Lego on discount. First UCS.

2 hours ago, TANV said:

I'm a huge OW fan so I decided to order the 75973 D.Va & Reinhardt, the 75970 Tracer v Widowmaker, and of course, the 75974 Bastion Set from Amazon.  Cost was about $62 total before taxes. I had hundreds of points so I figured I'd spend a few.

They'll be 80% off at Walmart in May sir.