What Lego set did you buy today?

Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, Rog said:

240 Unikitty figs for £1 each. Have faith guys.... guys...?

All from the same branch of Tesco? When I've been in, I've only every seen half a dozen and left them there, not difficult with Unikitty ? 

2 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

All from the same branch of Tesco? When I've been in, I've only every seen half a dozen and left them there, not difficult with Unikitty ? 

180 from one, 60 from another. Most stores around here still have a few stragglers in stock but that's all the bulk I could find.

Guest TabbyBoy
14 minutes ago, Rog said:

180 from one, 60 from another. Most stores around here still have a few stragglers in stock but that's all the bulk I could find.

Not bad, may I ask where? Don't worry, it'll be at least 100 miles from me ?

2 minutes ago, cocobay71 said:

Did the SA have to scan all x180? ?

Haha, no they trusted me when I said cases were 60 per.

Have had poor cashiers counting out 200+ figures before though when they were all loose ? Sorry person behind who just wants to buy a £3 meal deal. Should have gone to self serve!

Guest TabbyBoy
5 minutes ago, Rog said:

Nottingham area. Apparently the midlands but so far from anything relevant.

Isn't that HUKD territory? ?

It's 141.3 miles from me in RG7 to Lower Parliament Street NG1. My best ever instore Tesco score was in the new superstore in Chorley near Preston. I bought 33x 60104 Airport Terminals for £32 each (3-for-2 at £48) and no questions at the till. It was just as well I had a van at the time to pick up a bike and bits from Merlin Cycles.

1 minute ago, TabbyBoy said:

Isn't that HUKD territory? ?

It's 141.3 miles from me in RG7 to Lower Parliament Street NG1. My best ever instore Tesco score was in the new superstore in Chorley near Preston. I bought 33x 60104 Airport Terminals for £32 each (3-for-2 at £48) and no questions at the till. It was just as well I had a van at the time to pick up a bike and bits from Merlin Cycles.

Probably! There's definitely some people up here, someone sniped a stack of £12 Ant-Mans from my home store one time, and I've had a stare down over a shelf of £1 chicken minifigures ;)

33 of anything in store is mental to me, I don't think there's a store anywhere near here that carries a decent quantity of anything.

• Haha 1

Guest TabbyBoy

I just stopped in Farnborough Asda and picked up the last 12 CITY super packs for £12.50 each, not bad for £50 RRP when separate. Already got a buyer lined up for £250 cash tomorrow. A nice easy quick ton for no work as I had to pop in to use their post office anyway.

15 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I just stopped in Farnborough Asda and picked up the last 12 CITY super packs for £12.50 each, not bad for £50 RRP when separate. Already got a buyer lined up for £250 cash tomorrow. A nice easy quick ton for no work as I had to pop in to use their post office anyway.

Out of curiousity, when you do these bulk sales are they to the same toy shop or do you supply several?

I picked up a 13lb lot from an auction for $160 after spotting the Town Hall. I started going through the box this morning and also found the Brick Bank! Other finds include the White House and Lincoln Memorial. Still digging around for clues about what else is hiding in the box.

Any tips on sorting this box? I was thinking about pulling out large chunks that are already assembled and then sorting the rest by type and using Brickset inventories to see what is missing.

1 minute ago, Baragon said:

I picked up a 13lb lot from an auction for $160 after spotting the Town Hall. I started going through the box this morning and also found the Brick Bank! Other finds include the White House and Lincoln Memorial. Still digging around for clues about what else is hiding in the box.

Any tips on sorting this box? I was thinking about pulling out large chunks that are already assembled and then sorting the rest by type and using Bricklink inventories to see what is missing.

Typically, I will pull up the set inventory in BrickStock, print it out, and start taking apart the assembled pieces, carefully checking off each part in my printout (you can also do this in BrickStock itself, by just reducing the quantity column). Then once all the assembled pieces have been broken down, use the BrickStock list of remaining pieces to find what you still need.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
16 minutes ago, MrToes16 said:

I wanted to get into modular building but I don't have the space for the regular models. So I picked up this one. Hopefully, I can learn some interesting techniques so I can build my own mini-modulars.

image.png.a94efc4f0036cf4bc9ada532b03913b0.png

It's a great set. I just hope you didn't pay too much over RRP for it ?

35 minutes ago, MrToes16 said:

I wanted to get into modular building but I don't have the space for the regular models. So I picked up this one. Hopefully, I can learn some interesting techniques so I can build my own mini-modulars.

If someone has this set new , and want sell or trade to/with a fellow brickpicker, send me a PM .. I have all the modulars and let this one slip... 

Bought a few My Own Train wagons off of EBay using my bucks certificate and the 8% back in bucks promo. Got a 10013 new in box for $40 shipped, and two 10017 hoppers used with box and manual, one for $50 and one for $59. That last one was a bit of a bummer because I placed a Best Offer early on in my search, thinking I would get countered at best, but the seller accepted the offer straight away. Found better priced ones but felt obliged to see my offer through when it got accepted. You can never have enough cargo cars on your railroad anyways.

EDIT: prices are before applying my eBay bucks certificate :)

1 hour ago, MrToes16 said:

If you get good at building microscale...You can build a bar and put in the microscale Diagon Alley behind a hidden brickwall doorway.

Bought a combo Mickey & Minnie for $42 plus $4 shipping on ebay...total impulse buy

In my defense:

I had insomnia (so after about an hour of tossing and turning)

It was past midnight

and I was on my phone ...

I don't think I got fleeced, but a more patient man likely could have done 20-30% better...but i was getting generally impatient and I knew I had to have the mice for my growing BH collection.

1 minute ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Bought a combo Mickey & Minnie for $42 plus $4 shipping on ebay...total impulse buy

In my defense:

I had insomnia (so after about an hour of tossing and turning)

It was past midnight

and I was on my phone ...

I don't think I got fleeced, but a more patient man likely could have done 20-30% better...but i was getting generally impatient and I knew I had to have the mice for my growing BH collection.

I think you made one of us very happy.

32 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

If you get good at building microscale...You can build a bar and put in the microscale Diagon Alley behind a hidden brickwall doorway.

Ugh...now I'm torn whether or not to open one of my Daigon Alley boxes. Which one will prevail? Investment greed or building joy?

Edited by MrToes16