What Lego set did you buy today?

1 hour ago, MrToes16 said:

I wanted to get into modular building but I don't have the space for the regular models. So I picked up this one. Hopefully, I can learn some interesting techniques so I can build my own mini-modulars.

image.png.a94efc4f0036cf4bc9ada532b03913b0.png

There's a ton of instructions out there for additional builds.  Including all the modulars that have come after these first 5.  Think about the TRU sets, too.

8 hours ago, Phil B said:

Bought a few My Own Train wagons off of EBay using my bucks certificate and the 8% back in bucks promo. Got a 10013 new in box for $40 shipped, and two 10017 hoppers used with box and manual, one for $50 and one for $59. That last one was a bit of a bummer because I placed a Best Offer early on in my search, thinking I would get countered at best, but the seller accepted the offer straight away. Found better priced ones but felt obliged to see my offer through when it got accepted. You can never have enough cargo cars on your railroad anyways.

EDIT: prices are before applying my eBay bucks certificate :)

Is this you?

(Image from Facebook LEGO train group)

8AD2E426-263E-4E4B-96DB-BD93D8E5878F.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Phil B said:

That's $41,000 worth of trains right there (and no, those are not "My Own Train" but Santa Fe Set 1 and Set 2 packages, going for ~$500 each right now new in box)

So what you’re saying is, in addition to big boats don’t sink, buildings don’t collapse...trains never crash? Duly noted.

Guest TabbyBoy
5 hours ago, Phil B said:

Trains are by-and-large some of the surest investments in the LEGO world.

So are planes. I've yet to not 2x my investment on any airport set within a year on EOL. Trains take a little longer, but still good.

A couple weeks ago I bought a Classic Yellow Castle 375. With box in very good condition, instructions. Complete. $375. I had to have one for personal collection. I actually had one when I was a kid and still have parts of it but I wanted one complete. The high price is due to the great condition of the box.

Edited by Gonkalin

Guest TabbyBoy

7x 75951 Grindelwald's Escape for £9.98 each. I'll even say exactly where I got them from:

Asda in Westmead, Farnborough

They also have RW&AD Brickheadz, but at RRP so I left them there. The 3-in-1 CITY sets for £12.50 have gone.

That's $41,000 worth of trains right there (and no, those are not "My Own Train" but Santa Fe Set 1 and Set 2 packages, going for ~$500 each right now new in box)
I just fell down and am now drowning in my own drool! Dang son!! That's a stack of awesomeness! I bow to thee (who ever thee is....)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

7 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

7x 75951 Grindelwald's Escape for £9.98 each. I'll even say exactly where I got them from:

Asda in Westmead, Farnborough

They also have RW&AD Brickheadz, but at RRP so I left them there. The 3-in-1 CITY sets for £12.50 have gone.

It's a shame Farnborough is a bit too far. I'm after a couple of RW&AD even at RRP. Only ones I can't find! 

Found a stash of 9x 31058 - Mighty Dinosaurs at Kohl's, confirmed $4.49.
Yes. Have been clearing those from the Kohls around me. One had 11 in stock.

Should we open a Kohl's clearance thread? So far I have seen:

70% off:
31058 dinosaurs
Sweet Surprises Modular shop

25% off:
60204 City Hospital
Remote controlled Batmobile
Jurassic World T-Rex
75207 Battlepack

(All off the top of my head)

11 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Yes. Have been clearing those from the Kohls around me. One had 11 in stock.

Should we open a Kohl's clearance thread? So far I have seen:

70% off:
31058 dinosaurs
Sweet Surprises Modular shop

25% off:
60204 City Hospital
Remote controlled Batmobile
Jurassic World T-Rex
75207 Battlepack

(All off the top of my head)

Spider-Man /hulk duplo is also $11-12. Msrp $40 iirc

• Like 3