What Lego set did you buy today?

Going on a rant about not being a snowflake... is something a snowflake would do.

Party favors are stuff to make the party more fun .

Maybe he’s whining about goody bags? Goody bags are getting more elaborate. My wife has educated me on goody bags. You invite all these kids, and most bring a $20-30 gift. The least you can do is give them something fun to take home with them. $5-10 range, ymmv according to your demographic.

On 4/27/2019 at 10:46 AM, Quacs said:

Bought Avengers Quinjet - great price from LEGO Shop at Home with double VIP and the Avengers Tower freebie.

For those that haven’t seen/built the Avengers Tower, it is the ideal promo for resellers: great IP, big build, big box with nice graphics, and an exclusive minifigure.  Going for $40 on eBay now - an impressive price considering the giveaway is still available at a reasonable $75 purchase price.  Once the promos are out, is a realistic floor $50 with a ceiling of $100?

I hope so.  Have a lot.   Went pretty deep on this promo.  It's been a bit slow to start.  Pretty limited on what you could buy to get it though so that has some to do with it.   Great box though and has the marvel 10 years logo which is pretty cool.  

• Like 2

Not a steal, but a good deal I think.  This should keep me busy with disassembly and then reassembly for a while, and get fully involved with Technic sets.  And once my fun is done, resell them.

Back in October, I bought a used 70618 Destiny's Bounty from a kid via OfferUp.  His Mom showed me his Technic set collection that wasn't for sale.  I said if he ever decided to sell the sets, email me, and I'll have a standing offer of $400.  I could tell they were in great shape, well taken care of, and complete.

This week the Mom emailed me and said he would take the $400 offer - he's moved on from Technic to Architecture.

So, for $400 I bought fully assembled and complete with manuals:

image.thumb.png.4bf56171e06742517ea3905557015319.png

Seems like the only thing I'll have to replace is the grey "stones" that come with the Bucket Wheel Excavator and the "log" that comes with the Claas.  And I may be able to find many of those parts in the fun box we have.

• Like 3

Was meeting a couple different sellers today from OfferUp so I decided to make a day of it and hit a loop of 9 different Walmarts as well... picked up a lot of stragglers on clearance...

41130 OfferUp $30
41146 OfferUp $20
41324 OfferUp $30
76108 $49
42080 $90 (radomly on a Walmart shelf)
76107 x3 $15
75211 $26
75210 x2 $7
75215 $5
41287 x5 $4.50
75183 x3 $11
41620 $2
41155 x17 $5
41454 $13
41315 $5
75199 x8 $5
21143 x3 $17
And a 41452 for my daughter for $2 lol

Not a bad day all in all

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

On 4/23/2019 at 11:58 AM, LegoWalker4 said:

I had a similar experience last week at the Concord Mills Lego store when I bought a dinged 40293 Christmas Carousel for $14.99.  I was glad to find this because I did not want to spend $99 to get this promo when it was out.

The employee told me this is one of only seven stores in the U.S. that has sets like these and is where Lego puts their inventory when promotions are done.  I know one of the other stores is the Arundel Mills location where I found several dinged boxes of 40223 Snowglobes last year.

I had to leave four of the shelf as my family where passing through while on vacation, and my wife apparently is opposed to the idea of carrying Lego on her lap.  :( 

Ok, so I want to know where are the other stores... ?

Was in Pittsburgh for work and was near the LEGO store.  Stopped in to see if they had the Creator Mini Cooper still in stock.  No sets on the shelf and started talking to Paula who worked there, come to find out they had one in the back, unopened that they were supposed to build for display but never did. SWEET!  No deal but was happy to find one new at RRP.

Was in Pittsburgh for work and was near the LEGO store.  Stopped in to see if they had the Creator Mini Cooper still in stock.  No sets on the shelf and started talking to Paula who worked there, come to find out they had one in the back, unopened that they were supposed to build for display but never did. SWEET!  No deal but was happy to find one new at RRP.

I’m pretty sure that Paula is the manager. That store is pretty new. It just opened in October of 2018. I live on the other side of town, so I only get there every once in a while. I need to go in more often now that I have a store closer than the one in Cleveland.

Just now, Jivepicnic said:

I’m pretty sure that Paula is the manager. That store is pretty new. It just opened in October of 2018. I live on the other side of town, so I only get there every once in a while. I need to go in more often now that I have a store closer than the one in Cleveland.

She was super nice and accommodating and we we were chatting it up about a variety of builds and MOCs.  I actually left that store with a better connection than I ever had with anyone in my hometown store of Milwaukee.  Yes it opened in October which is why they never got to the build.

On 5/3/2019 at 6:07 AM, rpaulson7 said:

This should keep me busy with disassembly and then reassembly for a while, and get fully involved with Technic sets. 

I bought:

image.thumb.png.4bf56171e06742517ea3905557015319.png

Learning quickly that big Technic sets are not designed to be taken apart.  I've disassembled the 42042, and 90% done with 42055.  It's tough on the thumbs.  Also, there are times where I'm completely stuck -  as in, "what I have in my hand is indestructible and there are no parts I can remove right now without breaking something."

In addition, whoever designs these things is fully qualified to go out and get a job at a heavy-equipment manufacturer as a Senior VP of Product Design.  Impressive - and I haven't put them together yet!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, rpaulson7 said:

Learning quickly that big Technic sets are not designed to be taken apart.  I've disassembled the 42042, and 90% done with 42055.  It's tough on the thumbs.  Also, there are times where I'm completely stuck -  as in, "what I have in my hand is indestructible and there are no parts I can remove right now without breaking something."

You need to get yourself one of these:

s-l500.jpg

https://ebay.us/5fOG1h

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2019 at 10:06 AM, brickvoyeur said:

image.thumb.png.aeb8fcb0638a43b9ab2977a3063b5eac.png

10176 King's Castle - $50

Castle is complete with box and instructions. Came with 17 Castle figures, but only a handful actually went to the set.

Just built this from a lot I bought. Looks good when finished, Brickset lists retail at $100 and it looks closer to being worth a $100 than a lot of the newer sets. I wish they would bring back the raised base plates and larger pieces to build something substantial. 

• Like 1