What Lego set did you buy today?

Some of my better random recent aftermarket purchases over the last month.

Never got around to buying one when it was still in stock:

image.thumb.png.04d3897f31294a4671fca99e53cb0326.png

Secret Marketplace was complete:

image.thumb.png.191214defac61cde902d8576f6d746d7.png

The speed at which this one sold, caused this mom to jack up the BIN prices on the rest of her elves sets. Flipped for trippple

image.thumb.png.d1fc2d22d0f58f79e6d91592b3b0ecdb.png

Came with a complete Dragon Sanctuary, and a New in Box Emily Jones Baby Wind Dragon:
Still working through the rest as time allows, but already up double so it's no hurry.

image.thumb.png.aed328d97d3f21f3d5eb6d4fccd3e991.png

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

Some of my better random recent aftermarket purchases over the last month.

Never got around to buying one when it was still in stock:

image.thumb.png.04d3897f31294a4671fca99e53cb0326.png

Secret Marketplace was complete:

image.thumb.png.191214defac61cde902d8576f6d746d7.png

The speed at which this one sold, caused this mom to jack up the BIN prices on the rest of her elves sets. Flipped for trippple

image.thumb.png.d1fc2d22d0f58f79e6d91592b3b0ecdb.png

Came with a complete Dragon Sanctuary, and a New in Box Emily Jones Baby Wind Dragon:
Still working through the rest as time allows, but already up double so it's no hurry.

image.thumb.png.aed328d97d3f21f3d5eb6d4fccd3e991.png

Ahh, it was you who beat me to that elves order on Mercari. I was about ten seconds late on that one.

Received my monthly $25 from Shop Your Way today and went into Kmart to buy the lonely 21144 Minecraft farm Cottage that I spotted there earlier in the week. Unfortunately somebody beat me to it. In Revenge I ended up with $120 MSRP worth of Lego for $0.84. Friends and brickheadz.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Bought the Space Rocket Ride promo set (new/sealed) for $21.77 ($17.10 plus shipping) on BrickLink.  Did not want to spend $99 (or whatever the spending threshold was) to get this set.  In my mind I saved $$ by buying it on the secondary market and my patience was rewarded.

Edited by LegoWalker4
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, LegoWalker4 said:

Bought the Space Rocket Ride promo set (new/sealed) for $21.77 ($17.10 plus shipping) on BrickLink.  Did not want to spend $99 (or whatever the spending threshold was) to get this set.  In my mind I saved $$ by buying it on the secondary market and my patience was rewarded.

I've done this.  Most recently was last year with the Hans Christian Andersen set.  There was nothing I wanted to spend the money on at the time and so it waited a few weeks and picked it up for ~$25 shipped on eBay

Bought the Apocalypseburg 70840 today with 20% off at LEGO Shop at Home NL: 240 euro.

They still tossed in a Rocket Ride, and a Pelican polybag, and as from today they give double VIP points.

So the set would be just under 200 euro, counting the gifts worth 20-25 euro, and VIP points worth 24 euro. 

Everything is Awesome :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BricksBrotha said:

Just curious for personal build or investment?!

Not sure, tempted to build it - and maybe sell afterwards minus a few unique minifigs (Batman, Green Lantern and super cool Harley Quinn)

All depends if the discount is a sign of retirement soon. It was never widely available in Netherlands, and large Belgian toyshop (fun.be) also sold it at 25% discount last week.

harley.JPG

• Like 2

Went to LEGO store and bought 70620 Ninjago City and got $30 of VIP points. Then I bought 2 80103 Dragon Boat Race and used $95 of my VIP points and got both sets for $5! Today was a good day. Oh, and I got recognized from the LEGO store people today. They knew who I was. I bought 70620 for personal build and I will be selling both 80103.

I got a used Sea Cow, supposedly 100% complete, built once and stored in a display case. For $205 shipped. this included special 10% off ebay coupon. Also there's the 6% coupon site to consider which makes the total monetary cost of $192.70 (would appreciate thumbs up if folks think it was a great deal).

I've had my eye on one for some time...personally think it's one of the most unique sets out there within a mainstream genre (Ships)...will be fantastic to dsiplay....and the minifigs are all must haves for fans of the Movie franchise.  I will keep an eye out for a NISB as an investment for teh right price, but typically most mainstream big sets seem to plateau around $300-$400 despite age so I'm not thinking this one will be particularly special.

Over the past week, I have bought, 3 each of the Fire Truck, Western, Science, 8 studs, and smaller car Bricklink sets, 6 BB8's, 2 Great Halls, 8 Fantastic Beast Suitcases, 3 Aragog sets, one of the new walkers from The Last Jedi, 2 Whomping Willows, and a Disney Castle. I feel like I am accidentally leaving something out, but I kind of went a little crazy for my first purchase in a while, I have been mostly selling for the past 2 years, with the occasionally here or there super clearance find.

I also bought a boat load of old fujifilm camera's for next to nothing. Hoping to flip them pretty quickly.

Bought a 60110 Fire station from Amazon Prime Now on Sunday priced for $49, but used my $15 off first purchase coupon so total was $36 after tax. Just sold it today for $112.

Bought a used Ninjago City and used Ninjago City Docks with boxes and instructions for $300.

Also got a 70611 Ninjago Water Strider NIB for $10 local.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Like 1

Quick run to a local spot:

6x 31084 Pirate Coaster $19
1x 70828 Party Bus $17
1x 41351 Tuning Shop $7
2x 41159 Carriage Ride $4.50
2x 75199 SW Combat Speeder $5

Tracker said there were 9 coasters but I could only find 6. Nice little score from a store that hit the panic button very early. Lots of $2.50-$5 stuff I missed out on during the day. Shelves were wrecked.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Like 3

Sub-prime day at KMart:

3×41151 mulan's training day

2x Duplo Carousel

1x Nightcrawler Tunnel Attack

1x 10683 Duplo Animals Box

All for $0.13 OoP

Thanks to 75% off clearance, my penultimate monthly $25 from a 50% off tire purchase last year, a $20 Wild Win Weds spin, another $5 Wild Win, and a $3 off $25 coupon.

Also received a $10 free cash bonus (no spending minimum) which will credit in the next 24hrs and is valid for a week.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Sub-prime day at KMart:

3×41151 mulan's training day

2x Duplo Carousel

1x Nightcrawler Tunnel Attack

1x 10683 Duplo Animals Box

All for $0.13 OoP

Thanks to 75% off clearance, my penultimate monthly $25 from a 50% off tire purchase last year, a $20 Wild Win Weds spin, another $5 Wild Win, and a $3 off $25 coupon.

Also received a $10 free cash bonus (no spending minimum) which will credit in the next 24hrs and is valid for a week.

I think you are single handedly putting the final nail in K-Mart's coffin. Very impressive.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

A TALE OF TWO CITIES

My Ninjago Cities showed up yesterday.  The $72 one from target, shipped with brown packing tape and shipping label stuck on the box.  Boo.  But it was $72. Yeah.

Walmart shipped the City with arrived minty fresh in the Lego brown shipping carton, $252. 

IMG_5724.JPG

Edited by superheat
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1