What Lego set did you buy today?

22 hours ago, MusiKyle said:

Two more purchased for the amusement park collection (bit on the Carousel with $40 off in VIP but added on the 3-in-1 to get the bag and blanket promo).  I still need to build a table for it I'm thinking 4' x 8' with a train encompassing the park.  Next up is the Creator Expert Roller Coaster and I think I'm good!

20190816_213200.jpg

I like your 40346(LEGOLAND park set) I was going to Florida for my vacation and was picking some of those up for my Amazon reseller friend.

10 hours ago, donbee said:

I’d like to see pics of that sea of black.

It should all arrive at the beginning of next week. I'd attach a pic of my 400 Guggenheim's instead but nobody likes a show off.

Edit: I actually got everything for $19k. Forgot to include my CC points as part of the discount.

tumblr_ng46ddr3AZ1qkbj23o2_250.gif

Edited by LegoSteve

12 hours ago, MusiKyle said:

10261 Roller Coaster $324 on eBay.  After committing I noticed the tax (which was new to me)... $348 shipped.  Not an awful deal but I'll take it, since well, I already took it.  :)

Yep, being in a state that forces me to pay tax on all online shopping is taking the benefit away from online shopping.  First it was Amazon a year or so ago, now ebay as of a few months ago.  I always forget about it too.  I'll win an auction and think my deal is great, then get to the checkout and see the tax bill and realize that some of my margin just went away.  

6 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

Yep, being in a state that forces me to pay tax on all online shopping is taking the benefit away from online shopping.  First it was Amazon a year or so ago, now ebay as of a few months ago.  I always forget about it too.  I'll win an auction and think my deal is great, then get to the checkout and see the tax bill and realize that some of my margin just went away.  

It would be nice if tax was shown based on zip code and visible in the same way that allows a person to sort high to low price + shipping (+ tax).  Or manually show it as a one-off like "see price in cart" functions and a "no thanks" button.  As full featured of a marketplace they already are I shouldn't have to mentally calculate tax every time. 

7 hours ago, waddamon said:

Jurrasic world indoraptor set new at walmart in pristine box for .03.  I couldn't believe it.  I have two other stores with sets at this price I will be visiting in a few hours.

Show me the receipt! Otherwise, I am gonna have to assume you are lying. Sorry, but something that sounds too good to be true typically is just that, too good to be true.

47 minutes ago, Saruman said:

Show me the receipt! Otherwise, I am gonna have to assume you are lying. Sorry, but something that sounds too good to be true typically is just that, too good to be true.

The guy has been on here for years and has no need to lie so please stop assuming. If you want you can validate his post on other sites yourself just try your zip code and sort results by price. This set has been picked clean at $30 and below nationally that is why it is selling for $75 on eBay. 

• Like 1

Makes my 16 lb bulk lot w/a small mix of megablox/matchbox cars sound like a nightmare. Although it was a slight pain b/c I Needed to basically wash the whole bulk. Some gently, others are still soaking. Paid $50 off Craigslist, mostly for the GE in the pics. Confirmed to be 98% there minus the minifigs. That's ok tho, it's for my personal collection main street. 

Minus the GE, after sorting out some off brand and other small toys & junk, I was left w/about 14lbs of bulk including minifigs w/no manuals, of which have already identified imperial assault 75152, 75137 Carbon freezing chamber & 41051-1: Merida's Highland Games w/ figs. Most likely will recoup my money in the near future on sets I pull and sell, but in general I'd rather not do the cleaning/sorting. However, My time for a free Grand Emporium seems like an ok trade off. Pics of the listing included, more to come once building commences?

IMG_5024.JPG

IMG_5026.JPG

IMG_5028.JPG

IMG_5029.JPG

IMG_5030.JPG

IMG_5031.JPG

Edited by BricksBrotha
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

The guy has been on here for years and has no need to lie so please stop assuming. If you want you can validate his post on other sites yourself just try your zip code and sort results by price. This set has been picked clean at $30 and below nationally that is why it is selling for $75 on eBay. 

I stand corrected.

11 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Thank you, this post is "what did you buy", walmart has 20 sets at .03 all around me, many are phantom stock.  This set was on the shelf with a full price sticker wrapped in a spider device.  Regardless it was in pristine shape.  The check out guy didn't even blink when scanning it.  I have one more store I will hit this evening, i hate driving to a store and the stock is all wrong.    I don't have time to scan and list receipts, just reporting the facts.  Yes I have been on here forever it seems, sold 100k of sets this year and still have a ton.

• Like 2

Thank you, this post is "what did you buy", walmart has 20 sets at .03 all around me, many are phantom stock.  This set was on the shelf with a full price sticker wrapped in a spider device.  Regardless it was in pristine shape.  The check out guy didn't even blink when scanning it.  I have one more store I will hit this evening, i hate driving to a store and the stock is all wrong.    I don't have time to scan and list receipts, just reporting the facts.  Yes I have been on here forever it seems, sold 100k of sets this year and still have a ton.
Metric or short ton?

2 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Nice find, it's a cool Lego delivery truck they don't make anymore.

I know, it's old, classic and so on...

But the model itself is pretty basic, and there are only 280 parts.

Also it's hard to understand the difference between prices from $100 (Bricklink) to $300 (Amazon).

1 minute ago, Parazels said:

I know, it's old, classic and so on...

But the model itself is pretty basic, and there are only 280 parts.

Also it's hard to understand the difference between prices from $100 (Bricklink) to $300 (Amazon).

Many people don't know about Bricklink, pretty much everyone knows about Amazon. Why people would be selling it for $100 on Bricklink if it sells for that much on Amazon though, that is the real question.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spener90 said:

Many people don't know about Bricklink, pretty much everyone knows about Amazon. Why people would be selling it for $100 on Bricklink if it sells for that much on Amazon though, that is the real question.

probably because not everyone is allowed to sell on amazon. Anyone can sell on ebay.

• Like 1

Return rate is pretty high on sets like these too. Grandma gets Timmy a 300 dollar set, she expects a big box and instead get this little thing (which falls apart easy). Return. Or you get a collector who expects a mint box...I still take the gamble but often enough i just get back a beat box (maybe used) to sell on ebay for a loss. 

$130 cheapest U.S. seller if you want a proper NA version (which matches the listing) + shipping btw

• Like 1