What Lego set did you buy today?

12 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Keepa informed me of a Slightly damaged Minnie Mouse BHz for $12. AMZ just confirmed purchase so now I can finally build one. Now I just need a damaged Mickey

I've used camelcamelcamel but never heard of Keepa.  I'll need to look into it.

3x camels are free, keep a you get limited amount of free then after its a subscription fee.
Keepa is $17 a month now (used to be free until a year ago). The sales chart for forecasting is a necessity for me to make the best buying and selling decisions I can. The ability to monitor AMZ and eBay for sniping deals is a nice bonus, especially when you find a deal in quantity.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

I did, but the numbers are a little incredulous for one day.  Hence my questions.  Especially the Wall of China

This is what Ive been able to order over the last few days. This isn't a game. This is life or death! You either put food on the table or your kids starve! Bottom line! There's a ton of Capitals & Great Walls out there. Go get em!

1 hour ago, LegoSteve said:

This is what Ive been able to order over the last few days. This isn't a game. This is life or death! You either put food on the table or your kids starve! Bottom line! There's a ton of Capitals & Great Walls out there. Go get em!

question is whats the buy in. you couldn't find a 100 at full price here now

I snagged a couple 60161's at Target for 30% off. Trackers didn't show any in my region (Target doesn't even have a webpage for it anymore), but stumbled on them and pulled the trigger. The same store had a couple 60167's at full price a couple days prior, but those went MIA. I was hoping they would get knocked down to at least 30%. Can't win em all.

• 3 weeks later...

I found a decent '80s lot on Facebook yesterday. The seller only had the 6542 Seaport, 6395 Raceway, & 6394 Metro Park listed for $290. I talked her down to $225. Then she mentions that she has more not listed. She sends me some pictures and says $350 for everything. I counter with $300 and she accepted. The Slave 1 pictured wasn't included. I just didn't feel like moving it before taking pictures.

Other than some dust, everything is in excellent condition and appears to be mostly complete. The sets with boxes are all still assembled inside their box. Inside the two storage containers are parts for what appears to be some classic space and town buildings. This should keep me busy for the rest of the winter.

IMG_1007.JPG

IMG_1008.JPG

IMG_1009.JPG

IMG_1010.JPG

IMG_1011.JPG

IMG_1012.JPG

IMG_1014.JPG

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, vicious_violet said:

Got a whole bunch of Clones and Mandalorians today. Not really sure how if I am going to split them up or sell as a lot yet. Any advice would be appreciated.

Also does anybody have any methods for getting marker/paint off? I am looking to clean those "customs" 

IMG_0028.JPG

This is a heck of a coincidence. I just received a job lot yesterday that includes a bunch of clones with exactly the same 'customisation' issue. I too am interested in any solutions.

41 minutes ago, vicious_violet said:

Got a whole bunch of Clones and Mandalorians today. Not really sure how if I am going to split them up or sell as a lot yet. Any advice would be appreciated.

Also does anybody have any methods for getting marker/paint off? I am looking to clean those "customs" 

IMG_0028.JPG

I've never had much luck getting all of the color off of white clone pieces.  There always seems to be a hint of that color left behind so I don't even try anymore.  

5 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

This is a heck of a coincidence. I just received a job lot yesterday that includes a bunch of clones with exactly the same 'customisation' issue. I too am interested in any solutions.

Alcohol. Just wipe the stuff off. Don't be too harsh though, I heard that it sometimes also gets off the original print, depending on how old the fig is. Personally I never had any problems did it on dozens of clones.

3 hours ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Alcohol. Just wipe the stuff off. Don't be too harsh though, I heard that it sometimes also gets off the original print, depending on how old the fig is. Personally I never had any problems did it on dozens of clones.

Thanks, I'll try this next time I get some that are markered up.  I've tried magic erasers and stuff like that and they will get most of it off, but if the marker was red, you can still see a hint of pink on the white.  It gets it about 95% off which isn't good enough to sell so I just started throwing them away. 

The magic erasers can work, but always removed the shine, and certainly can remove the print.

I have actually had surprisingly great success with these - Even rare pieces that I have never been able to clean properly over the years, have come clean.

image.thumb.jpeg.ac24dad189691c3be7a316892f92db35.jpeg

By the way, if you have a dingy white table - it doesn't need to stay that way (save the extra liquid to spill onto the table, and scrub).

Edited by KShine

1 hour ago, KShine said:

The magic erasers can work, but always removed the shine, and certainly can remove the print.

I have actually had surprisingly great success with these - Even rare pieces that I have never been able to clean properly over the years, have come clean.

image.thumb.jpeg.ac24dad189691c3be7a316892f92db35.jpeg

By the way, if you have a dingy white table - it doesn't need to stay that way (save the extra liquid to spill onto the table, and scrub).

Yeah, the erasers definitely will take sheen off the pieces if scrubbed too hard, so I pretty much abandoned them unless it was an easy to remove stain.  I'll have to try these wipes, we have plenty under the sink.  

I bought a used, nearly complete with all boxes, instructions, and packaging UCS Falcon (75192) for $380.  It's missing one of the Porgs, but other than that its good to go. I have been looking for one of these to build for less than $450 and finally got one!  Woohoo!

• Like 9