What Lego set did you buy today?

I bought 7 sets of Hogwarts's Castle on clearance at a local toy shop. Hopefully that purchase pays off.

It will, and in a big way. If you were to ask me, I would tell you that 4842 will be a $300 in 2 years tops.

As for my most recent purchase, got my soon to be 3 year old daughter the Duplo Creative Cakes, and a Rancor Pit for myself. Got the little Chima polybag and gave it to my son, everybody wins.

My unexpected gathering and 10 packs of series 5 minifigs came in the mail today from TRU. Unexpected gathering was in great condition and out of ten minifigs I only got one duplicate which was of the lizard man which was the main one I wanted. Great day. And also I feel to see what minifigs I have before I open them and my "feeling" technique for the minifigs was 100 percent correct today.

Yeah, the "Lizard Man" is one of my favorites. GODZILLA!!!! Ha ha.

And hey, we have another 'champion smoosher' here! Always good to hear.

LEGO has the 6857 Funhouse back in stock now. Picked up two of them. I love this set!

That's a keeper alright!

I bought 2 Emma's Horse Trailers and one Friends City Pool. They're so cute!

Yes, they certainly are, umm, cute. :-)

Well, here are my latest (small) buys.

Ninjago Kai's Fire Robot (Target finally had this in stock)

Star Wars Republic Troopers vs Droidekas (only one they had left)

Legends of Chima Razcal's Glider (again, Target finally got these in)

Galaxy Squad Swarm Interceptor

My Wal-Mart still has nothing for the new year. Wait, I take that back. They had this year's two mini CREATOR sets. (Whoopee.) Their LEGO and a few other areas have been empty for two weeks now! Target is proving to be 'the place' for all the new stuff. Still no MINIFIGURES Series 9 though, which is a good thing for my wallet. Since I have the whole year I'm trying to 'space out' purchases. You know, a few here, a few there.

Are you kidding me? You hope it pays off? Have you looked at what that set is already going for these days? You, my friend, have struck gold! Awesome score! :)

I agree! By the way, how much did you pay for them?

if it was anywhere around retail it was a win if you ask me.......

I find a 4842 at 115 Euro (153 USD, more or less)...it's a good price?

Are you kidding me? You hope it pays off? Have you looked at what that set is already going for these days? You, my friend, have struck gold! Awesome score! :)

I agree! By the way, how much did you pay for them?

I got them for $139 each - I am in Canada so our retail is usually $175 (silly Lego company). I was taken aback when I saw the price. I immediately took the 4 they had out up to the counter and the lady told me they had three more in the back. I didn't realize the price online until I came home and checked Bricklink. Now I am smiling.

And to the poster above, yes, 115 euros is a very good price for this set at present.

Im new to the lego obsession, ninjagos and x-wing with my son over xmas did me in.. bought gungan sub ($34), ninjago 9456 spinner battle ($28) and ninjago 9444 coles auult tread ($27) at Target today on sale. Im feeling pretry guilty though and may need to return one. These seem like pretty good deals any thought on which to return?

Where is the Chima poly bag showing up at? To make this post relevant i picked up Hobbit 79001 on the cheap.

You get one from Lego LEGO Shop at Home if you spend $75. I got one with my most recent purchase. I could really care less about them, but it's not a bad little polybag.

My most recent purchase was mostly because I had some ebay dollars, so I bought an auction lot of lego animals that had 4 of the classic monkeys, some frogs, owls, parrots, Hagrid's dragon, stuff like that.

Today was a really good day. I was in town so I went to my son's swim lesson this afternoon. There is a toy store nearby. I bought 5x7207 Fire Boat @ $24.99 each and 20x Series 6 Minifigs at $1.00 each. They have some Harry Potter stuff I might grab tomorrow. Nothing exciting like the big castle though... Does anyone have any thoughts about the long-term potential of the 8088 ARC-170 Starfighter? They have 2 of these at retail that I might pick up as well.

Bought: 3x Hagrid's Hut @ MSRP from B&****** 1x Forbidden Forest @ MSRP from B&****** 1x White House @ MSRP from B&****** The 2 HP sets are already retired, so getting them for MSRP is awesome. Can't wait to see how they appreciate. Seeing that the earliest architecture sets, which were released in 2008, are still not retired, I'm not sure the White House was a good buy right now.

Got Luke's Landspeeder (8092) for $12.00! Got a Creator set for half price (5767) (reg. 39.99) $19.50! I know no one cares, but I also got Friends sets: Heartlake Dog Show (3942) at $10 off retail Olivia's Inventor Workshop (3933) at $3 off retail Emma's Splash Pool (3931) for half off retail too These were all at local Wal-Marts. Let me tell ya, Wal-Mart is terrible at keeping prices obvious. I just grabbed an armful of "older" sets and went to the price check thingy to cross-check retail prices. None of the sets were the full price they said they were on the shelf!!

Got Luke's Landspeeder (8092) for $12.00!

Got a Creator set for half price (5767) (reg. 39.99) $19.50!

I know no one cares, but I also got Friends sets:

Heartlake Dog Show (3942) at $10 off retail

Olivia's Inventor Workshop (3933) at $3 off retail

Emma's Splash Pool (3931) for half off retail too

These were all at local Wal-Marts. Let me tell ya, Wal-Mart is terrible at keeping prices obvious. I just grabbed an armful of "older" sets and went to the price check thingy to cross-check retail prices. None of the sets were the full price they said they were on the shelf!!

Those are some great deals there, Sue866. Especially on the FRIENDS sets. I've yet to see any go on sale. See, I care! :-) Yeah, Wal-Mart is lousy with their pricetags. If I hadn't scanned many of the sets I picked up, I would not have found most of the deals I had. Like the CREATOR "Seaside House" for $35, which normally retailed for $49.99. Nice score with that "Cool Cruiser" you found. Great assortment of parts!

Picked up a couple of the Chima polybags from Toys R Us for $4.99 each. Here's my review of it: http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-legends-of-chima-leonidas-jungle-dragster-polybag-30253-review/

After checking out your reviews, I've been meaning to ask. Which Chima characters do you like best? I like the baddies more than the good guys myself. Just oddly curious.