What Lego set did you buy today?

1 hour ago, siddji said:

I think I newted myself a little. For $10.. its a no brainer

Also picked up star wars battle packs $6.29 each

image1 (4).jpeg

image2 (2).jpeg

No wonder there is nothing in houston. I managed to get a Barnes and noble employee to get 1 Harry Potter brick head and was happy with that :) 

4 hours ago, siddji said:

I think I newted myself a little. For $10.. its a no brainer

Also picked up star wars battle packs $6.29 each

image1 (4).jpeg

image2 (2).jpeg

Newt seems to be the only dual pack hanging around after Christmas around here.  I'm letting them sit and will grab if they make another markdown.  At Target, the only other one to hang around was Ron/Dumbledore and there were only 2 in town.  Those got snagged.  $6 Battle packs are a no-brainer.

Found a 75192 UCS Millennium Falcon locally.  Had not been fully built.  Guy stopped at bag 13.  Just didn't have the patience to finish or the space to keep it.  Lowered him from $650 to $550.  

My 9-year old has been dying to build a huge set.  He got the James Bond car for Christmas but really wanted the HP Castle.  He has built 4842 for me at least 8x to flip used.  (It used to be an easy flip!)

I fronted him some cash and bought the 75192 with the understanding that once he built it, he would have to take it back apart and sell it.  Imagine I'll get close to breaking even, and he can experience building the largest Lego set to date.  Win-win.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Bought a Wonder Woman in-store promo Brickheadz, along with Darth, Luke and Yoda, and Steve and Creeper Brickheadz.  Also couldn’t avoid the new 2019 Brickheadz: Birthday Clown, Valentine Puppy and Dragon Dance Guy.  That officially brings me up to date with every numbered Brickheadz except 57 - the infamous, never released TRU Geoffrey.

9ADA70E1-353C-405A-88C4-6D814D5830DB.jpeg

Anyone ever see one of these on eBay or Amazon?

• Like 2

On 12/30/2018 at 8:00 PM, BillyBricks said:

No problem. In a nutshell, my intention is to hold them until at least next Christmas, and one of my stock will eventually get built. Here's my extended (re: long-winded) thought process...

I appreciate the thoughtful response...I am a Lego enthusiast and a business man so I find the reseller's perspective here interesting. 

I am actually not very familiar w/ the current Hogwarts series (although I have them)...I didn't realize they connect together; which makes sense since to get minfigure scale...the set would have to be to get the complete castle.

Anyway, LEGO Shop at Home is the real competition to any set's resell potential so as long as the set is available there at RRP...that's the ceiling on price.

I do agree anything HP is a solid investment. 

3 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

[snip]

Anyway, LEGO Shop at Home is the real competition to any set's resell potential so as long as the set is available there at RRP...that's the ceiling on price.

[snip]

You'd be surprised how many people have never heard of LEGO Shop at Home ...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Bought a Wonder Woman in-store promo Brickheadz, along with Darth, Luke and Yoda, and Steve and Creeper Brickheadz.  Also couldn’t avoid the new 2019 Brickheadz: Birthday Clown, Valentine Puppy and Dragon Dance Guy.  That officially brings me up to date with every numbered Brickheadz except 57 - the infamous, never released TRU Geoffrey.
9ADA70E1-353C-405A-88C4-6D814D5830DB.thumb.jpeg.187c0a9768d3845df5e7a7c95e9ebd61.jpeg
Anyone ever see one of these on eBay or Amazon?

I just finished Bricklinking Geoffrey. Waiting for the parts to get here. Pretty inexpensive.

I’ve never seen one of the official sets in the wild, though. I don’t know if they ever made it to production.
  • Like 1

A single 41621 Weasley / Dumbledore BrickHeadz, at £14.97 just for interests sake after all the hype and enthusiasm on here. The only one with a mint box, the other two were not perfect so passed.

There were 41616 Hermione Graingers, 18 of them mostly in mint boxes. £6.97 each, but I passed completely. Alarm bells ringing with there being so many left and eBay sold prices aren’t suggesting this one may be as good.

I was never getting into the theme much as my rule one for buying is I need to like it.. and I don’t!

Edited by Gary81
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Gary81 said:

A single 41621 Weasley / Dumbledore BrickHeadz, at £14.97 just for interests sake after all the hype and enthusiasm on here. The only one with a mint box, the other two were not perfect so passed.

There were 41616 Hermione Graingers, 18 of them mostly in mint boxes. £6.97 each, but I passed completely. Alarm bells ringing with there being so many left and eBay sold prices aren’t suggesting this one may be as good.

I was never getting into the theme much as my rule one for buying is I need to like it.. and I don’t!

I think Harry Potter Brickheadz will just do fine with about 45-50€ on AMZ. For the rest I am not so sure.