What Lego set did you buy today?

21 minutes ago, MrToes16 said:

Not actual sets but Lego Bricks and Pieces opened up and I started getting handfuls of some of the newer piece and/or color offerings:

image.png.7f18bbe0128e2246ceaecc0a3b2ef2ce.pngimage.png.fd0595ce5db33af914b21c104e3bf000.pngimage.png.e7a991ed1c5baf0c3bf3de58ff3c94bb.pngimage.png.632f1595619815f23115168a0a1202a4.pngimage.png.9ff1f47f73a77030eae1dc1a2f1be0d9.png

Me too.  I place an order about a week ago.  Hopefully the parts get here next week.  Some great new parts, including the Chinese set parts.

• Like 2

10185 Green Grocer, all bags sealed but box opened, for £430. I'd just finally sold my BNIB Green Grocer a couple of weeks ago for £780 after fees, so I basically traded 10185 for 10185 plus £350 cash. Good result! Question is, do I now keep this one or sell it? I couldn't justify building the previous one because I'd still paid a lot for it, but taking that one into account this one is probably less than £50.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.eb350f3186cfb273b26c0571e62ca463.jpg

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

10185 Green Grocer, all bags sealed but box opened, for £430. I'd just finally sold my BNIB Green Grocer a couple of weeks ago for £780 after fees, so I basically traded 10185 for 10185 plus £350 cash. Good result! Question is, do I now keep this one or sell it? I couldn't justify building the previous one because I'd still paid a lot for it, but taking that one into account this one is probably less than £50.

Not sure of the used value but it won't be much less than that so I'd build it.

55 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

If it were me I would keep and build it.  Chances like this do not come along all that often.  :)

Guest TabbyBoy

I wish I'd built one of my Green Grocers rather than letting them all go too cheap and too early. Go on, built it as you'll get your money back eventually.

3 hours ago, richiej1979 said:

Not sure of the used value but it won't be much less than that so I'd build it.

Depends how you look at it. It'll either still be worth what I paid, or I'm reducing the value by £300 or so. New sets sure are nice though.

1 hour ago, Lego Benito said:

Where did you get it?

No brainer for me. Build. Build. Build!

It was an eBay auction. Didn't expect to get it for that price but I think it was erroneously listed as used which probably helped.

9 hours ago, Captain_chaos said:

Depends how you look at it. It'll either still be worth what I paid, or I'm reducing the value by £300 or so. New sets sure are nice though.

Building it would be amazing but would it be as amazing as selling it and buying Apocolysburg potentially for free? Depends how you feel about modulars and collecting.

I bought the LEGO Movie 2 Wyldstyle BrickHeadz 41635 - https://www.walmart.com/ip/THE-LEGO-MOVIE-2-BrickHeadz-Wyldstyle-41635-Walmart-com-Exclusive/931040555

It says its a Walmart.com exclusive and in the description states, “Limited quantities available  – each set individually numbered 1 out of 5000 units.”

might be a mistake, but thought it was worth it. If they aren’t numbered I’ll return it.

TY. Just picked up 4 of each. Worth the gamble.

This article has a picture of box with the limited addition sticker on it, so it seems legit. I’m a sucker for items like this. I like knowing how many are out there.

https://www.thebrickfan.com/the-lego-movie-2-emmet-41634-brickheadz-limted-edition-sticker-first-look/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LegoEverlasting-LegoReviewsNews+%28The+Brick+Fan+-+LEGO+Reviews+%26+News%29

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

So, I bought a used 8039 Venator locally today for $100. Supposed to be 100% complete with box and instructions... it was partly disassembled. I get it home to start taking it apart to inventory and rebuild only to find out a lot of pieces have been glued together. Luckily it looks like just good old Elmer's school glue. Does anyone have any good ideas on how to clean old glue from pieces?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

36 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

So, I bought a used 8039 Venator locally today for $100. Supposed to be 100% complete with box and instructions... it was partly disassembled. I get it home to start taking it apart to inventory and rebuild only to find out a lot of pieces have been glued together. Luckily it looks like just good old Elmer's school glue. Does anyone have any good ideas on how to clean old glue from pieces?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Elmer’s glue is water soluble. Cloth and water.