What Lego set did you buy today?

Guest TabbyBoy
20 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

I'm so jealous! My mom's in Hong Kong right now but she's clueless when it comes to Lego. I'm afraid if I tell her to pick me up one of each set, she's going to come home with bogus bricks or some other knockoff brand. 

Have her go to SOGO in Causeway Bay and ask her to show staff a photo of the set(s) you want. SOGO don't sell knock-offs so she'll be fine. Avoid Sham Shui Po or Mong Kok at all costs!

2 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Have her go to SOGO in Causeway Bay and ask her to show staff a photo of the set(s) you want. SOGO don't sell knock-offs so she'll be fine. Avoid Sham Shui Po or Mong Kok at all costs!

Thanks for the advice! I just checked it out and it looks to be a big department store that sells many different brands (high end as well) including Lego. Is that right? 

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Thanks for the advice! I just checked it out and it looks to be a big department store that sells many different brands (high end as well) including Lego. Is that right? 

It certainly used to, but I haven't been there in a while. When I lived there, it was my go-to store for quality toys and other items. There's also new shops in Pacific Place, but I'e not been there in a very long time. 

SOGO can be called on +852-2833-8338 and most staff speak perfect English.

It certainly used to, but I haven't been there in a while. When I lived there, it was my go-to store for quality toys and other items. There's also new shops in Pacific Place, but I'e not been there in a very long time. 
SOGO can be called on +852-2833-8338 and most staff speak perfect English.

My coworker is going to HK too. I asked her to go to the Lego store on the 9th floor of Time Square in Causeway Bay. Let’s see what happens.

27 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

But if She's like most Asian parents:

"Oh yeah...I bought you the set at the store and it was sooooo expensive..luckily they sold almost the same on the street for over half off...you hear...OVAH HALF OFF!...so I buy two and return that expensive one...you thank me later...why you so thin?"

Guest TabbyBoy
Just now, $20 on joe vs dan said:

But if She's like most Asian parents:

"Oh yeah...I bought you the set at the store and it was sooooo expensive..luckily they sold almost the same on the street for over half off...you hear...OVAH HALF OFF!...so I buy two and return that expensive one...you thank me later...why you so thin?"

Hongkongers aren't short of a few dollars and like the best of everything. If you go to a bar and buy a local girl a glass of wine, she'll probably order something French.

2 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Hongkongers aren't short of a few dollars and like the best of everything. If you go to a bar and buy a local girl a glass of wine, she'll probably order something French.

naw...I'm talking about 1st gen immigrant parents here in US...mentioned a $100+ toy to them and they will just give a look that says...either "I knew dropping you that time when you were a baby was going to haunt me"...or..."what did they teach you at that expensive college?..should have been a doctor and no time for toys"

Sorry as an AFOL now...I reminscing and looking back when I had just 1 space set to hold me over for my entire youth.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2019 at 10:54 AM, brickvoyeur said:

image.png.19f5972289ae14953c2f24e4c89a0790.png

Seller was very responsive and a full slate of pictures led me to trust this one. Told me to keep an eye on his listings as he is unloading all his sets due to college. I'm sure if you track down this sold listing, you can find him.

image.png.e2ea9f768c993898a65a15df2cae592f.png

From the same guy I purchased the Town Hall from. I started collecting modulars when Target had the $80 Assembly Square snafu, and the Green Grocer is the first I've paid over RRP for. So I've done well in the aftermarket with patience. Now all I'm missing is Cafe Corner.

Truth be told I saw this in the eBay sold listings for $150 and saw it was the same (zero feedback) seller from the Town Hall. That arrived beautifully packaged, so I messaged the seller and told him I'd give him $250 for it, so he canceled the previous person's order and relisted it.

Edited by brickvoyeur

13 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

From the same guy I purchased the Town Hall from. I started collecting modulars when Target had the $80 Assembly Square snafu, and the Green Grocer is the first I've paid over RRP for. So I've done well in the aftermarket with patience. Now all I'm missing is Cafe Corner.

Truth be told I saw this in the eBay sold listings for $150 and saw it was the same (zero feedback) seller from the Town Hall. That arrived beautifully packaged, so I messaged the seller and told him I'd give him $250 for it, so he canceled the previous person's order and relisted it.

MotherFu****

Capture.PNG.7b6e6a6ea18241853a1546fdcf3c7eb1.PNG

Edited by lazuli16
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

MotherFu****

Capture.PNG.7b6e6a6ea18241853a1546fdcf3c7eb1.PNG

if i was the one who got douched on this deal,  i'd take it up myself to end this person's ebay selling career and order several more things and then give all negative feedback.  as long as it takes.

Edited by cladner

8 hours ago, brickvoyeur said:

image.png.e2ea9f768c993898a65a15df2cae592f.png

Hold on, let me get this straight.  You were so impressed by the seller's packaging ability to the point that you were willing to be a repeat customer, but the seller still had 0 feedback when you bought from them the 2nd time???  Man.. some buyers are hard to please :drag:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lazuli16 said:

Submitting that feedback was theraputic.

Is this what they mean by "Self-polic-ing"?

another ebay question...is there an unwritten rule about being a seller and then canceling an ebay "Buy it now or best offer" if one sells it locally or elsewhere? Any negatives for listing something...getting no bites, and then removing it? 

9 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Is this what they mean by "Self-polic-ing"?

another ebay question...is there an unwritten rule about being a seller and then canceling an ebay "Buy it now or best offer" if one sells it locally or elsewhere? Any negatives for listing something...getting no bites, and then removing it? 

No FVF fee to pay if you cancel it if it was BIN or Best Offer or even if an auction with no bids.

I cancel listings all the time.   In 2018 i've probably cancelled over 1000 listings.  Not because of interest elsewhere but because I was relisting with a better FVF offer.

One to be careful of is if someone shows an interest via ebay messages and you then cancel it.  This will be flagged up.    In this case i've increased the price to ££stupidity and the dispatch time to max.  

Edited by MoHu