What Lego set did you buy today?

3 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

thanks for the reply.  What if the offer was a lowball?  Will Ebay still ding?

Any flags would be for whatever internal review process they have to monitor for off-eBay sales that occur because of an eBay introduction. The risk would be getting charged a FVF for the listing because of the policy violation.

As long as you didn't correspond with the potential buyer, you probably wouldn't get flagged.

2 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

thanks for the reply.  What if the offer was a lowball?  Will Ebay still ding?

Honestly dont know the answer to that.  I personally wouldnt risk it as ebay is getting me nice spending money from what I sell. 

Having retarded buyers I can cope with. Being a retarded seller I dont want to do again.  Got a temporary selling ban of a week.  Happened years ago when I relisted everything on FVF offers and didnt notice the duplicate listings.  Happened a few times, got warnings before they eventually gave a weeks ban from listing anything.  Lesson learned.

I would just edit the listings to say a "two common random lego pieces from my kids collections"   Include its been chewed, dribbled on, sat on, spat on, farted on as kids do to any toy. 

Guest TabbyBoy
59 minutes ago, odysea11 said:

Happiness is.......when you buy a massive LEGO lot that you that was a great deal to start with, but then get home to discover there is a GG, CC, MS, AND MARINA BAY SANDS hidden within the boxes (all used). Needless to say, my back is sore from all of the cartwheels I was doing last night. My kids thought I was insane!! Good stuff......

But, did you pay through the nose or not? ?

Guest TabbyBoy
12 hours ago, LegoSteve said:

Arc de Triophe - 83 Units @ $25 per

Chicago Skyline - 192 Units @ $25 per

Guggenheim Museum - 76 Units @ $52.17

Thinking about dropping another $5k in Saturn V. We'll see.

Good score. I'd hold off on Saturn V unless the % off is good. I'm currently considering a pallet load of Capitols for £45 each, hmmm...

Edited by TabbyBoy

5 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Good score. I'd hold off on Saturn V unless the % off is good. I'm currently considering a pallet load of Capitols for £45 each, hmmm...

Capitol is a stinker imho. Always high discount, low seller rank. At 35€ I would Grab some but no high quantity.

On 2/8/2019 at 3:00 PM, lazuli16 said:

Submitting that feedback was theraputic.

Saved you some trouble returning it. It arrived today and certainly didn't say Lego, or anything at all on the bricks. Town Hall was real, but GG was a bootleg. Seller says he purchased it second hand on Craigslist and wasn't aware bootleg sets existed. 

The eggs on me this time

On 2/8/2019 at 4:39 PM, Darth_Raichu said:

Hold on, let me get this straight.  You were so impressed by the seller's packaging ability to the point that you were willing to be a repeat customer, but the seller still had 0 feedback when you bought from them the 2nd time???  Man.. some buyers are hard to please :drag:

I dump mass feedback every couple months, usually at work when most people are out around a holiday. Easter Monday will likely be my next round. Too lazy to do it more frequently. 

Edited by brickvoyeur

10 hours ago, LegoSteve said:

I'm hoping everyone believes the Capital is a stinker so I can corner the market.

Well i was speaking for the european market. Sorry. Serveral retailers had the Capitol for 50% Off and it wasnt moving so much.

In the US buyin of 50$ is good, because 200 fba should be easy doable.

Guest TabbyBoy
19 minutes ago, Sozial said:

Well i was speaking for the european market. Sorry. Serveral retailers had the Capitol for 50% Off and it wasnt moving so much.

In the US buyin of 50$ is good, because 200 fba should be easy doable.

I passed in the end as half didn't look too good. Anyway, Trump's tenure may not be helping right now - oops, should I not have said that? ?

recent buys've been bunch of Brickheadz (Stormtrooper, Vader, Boba, Hermione, Minnie, Luke&Yoda) and OOP Speed Champs sets (McLaren Pit Stop, Chiron,  McLaren 720S, Porsche Finish Line) just 10% off but thats fine for those sets, and about 400x 71022 HP minifigs 2€ apiece