What Lego set did you buy today?

9 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

Sold a sealed 7663 Sith Infiltrator on OfferUp. Just trying to move some old turds. Buyer asked me to open it and send him a picture of the contents. It had been sitting on Bricklink forever, so I figured I would crack it open for the chance to unload it.

Grateful the buyer asked me to open it, because this was inside:

image.png.b0fb4a62313d63c5178a5aa9dbdf8acc.png

To think, this has been sitting on a shelf in my basement for nearly a decade. Nearly gave it away in a $25 infiltrator.

Were all the 10000 C-3PO inside the 7663 set?

1 minute ago, mauro23 said:

Were all the 10000 C-3PO inside the 7663 set?

They were spread out among the 2007 set releases

7656 General Grievous Starfighter
7657 AT-ST
7658 Y-wing Fighter
7659 Imperial Landing Craft
7660 Naboo N-1 Starfighter and Vulture Droid
7661 Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Booster Ring
7662 Trade Federation MTT
7663 Sith Infiltrator
7664 TIE Crawler
7665 Republic Cruiser
7666 Hoth Rebel Base

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Thanks 1

Just now, brickvoyeur said:

They were spread out among the 2007 set releases

Ok, I understand... But anyway, the potential buyer wanted the seller to check if a C-3PO is included in this set... What has he expected? That the seller confirms him the existence of the special C-3PO in this set and sells him the set at the listed price...?

2 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

Ok, I understand... But anyway, the potential buyer wanted the seller to check if a C-3PO is included in this set... What has he expected? That the seller confirms him the existence of the special C-3PO in this set and sells him the set at the listed price...?

I doubt he has any idea of the figures existence.  He just wanted me to show him a picture of the sealed bags to prove the set wasn't used. The C-3PO was just a happy accident that he did not get when he picked up the 7663.

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, brickvoyeur said:

I doubt he has any idea of the figures existence.  He just wanted me to show him a picture of the sealed bags to prove the set wasn't used. The C-3PO was just a happy accident that he did not get when he picked up the 7663.

That is just insane!! It's kismet that the buyer asked you to open it. I still can't believe it. What a story! Congrats on finding $500. ;)

• Like 6

5 hours ago, brickvoyeur said:

Sold a sealed 7663 Sith Infiltrator on OfferUp. Just trying to move some old turds. Buyer asked me to open it and send him a picture of the contents. It had been sitting on Bricklink forever, so I figured I would crack it open for the chance to unload it.

Grateful the buyer asked me to open it, because this was inside:

image.png.b0fb4a62313d63c5178a5aa9dbdf8acc.png

To think, this has been sitting on a shelf in my basement for nearly a decade. Nearly gave it away in a $25 infiltrator.

Dont know how I would personally feel about this, sure I would be happy I found the fig, but a small part of me would feel guilty for not passing on some sort of compensation to the buyer, as without him you wouldn't have nothing, maybe one for the ethics thread lol

33 minutes ago, Voltron86 said:

Dont know how I would personally feel about this, sure I would be happy I found the fig, but a small part of me would feel guilty for not passing on some sort of compensation to the buyer, as without him you wouldn't have nothing, maybe one for the ethics thread lol

On the other hand if it was missing something he would end up with an open set and the buyer woul have moved on .... I would not feel guilty at all....

41 minutes ago, Voltron86 said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

I succumbed to Smyths' temptation in the end and just had the following confirmed:

image.png.e1e3b5d0149af543510c9407d2f8f090.png

I did call Smyths and was told that these are ex central stock and shouldn't have labels, so I'm about to order another 100. If they arrive in good shape, I can shift them all for £4 each instantly. If not, I'll bundle them with each 21304 Doctor Who set. Worth a punt at £1.99.

On 2/18/2019 at 9:09 AM, TabbyBoy said:

I succumbed to Smyths' temptation in the end and just had the following confirmed:

image.png.e1e3b5d0149af543510c9407d2f8f090.png

I did call Smyths and was told that these are ex central stock and shouldn't have labels, so I'm about to order another 100. If they arrive in good shape, I can shift them all for £4 each instantly. If not, I'll bundle them with each 21304 Doctor Who set. Worth a punt at £1.99.

Epic haul! Wowza

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, roxio said:

More dimensions funpacks £1.99 smyths. Some are bundling nicely with same theme team/level packs they cleared in September at £7.50. 

Getting around 3 to 3.5 times buy-in

My 100x Cyberman/Dalek packs just arrived. All were pristine and no stickers! I'm dropping 50x off tonight for £250 cash so all 100 are paid for plus £50 beer money! Hoping to clear the lot soon ?

Edited by TabbyBoy

My 100x Cyberman/Dalek packs just arrived. All were pristine and no stickers! I'm dropping 50x off tonight for £250 cash so all 100 are paid for plus £50 beer money! Hoping to clear the lot soon

I’m short about 50 for my massive Doctor Who army (I’ve got about 50 already).

So if you just want to sell them for $1 I’m in.
  • Like 1

I took a break the other night from writing report cards and, lured by the eBay Bucks offer, did a quick check of what the latest LEGO posts were on eBay. One of the first postings was a 10224 Town Hall for $165 plus shipping! No instructions, only 3 of the mini figures, and clearly missing some parts in that clocktower, but it arrived today and otherwise it is largely complete. Its certainly not the insane $40 Green Grocer posted above, but I'm excited to get the Town Hall for under $190 even if I'll have to order myself a set of instructions and replace some missing parts (I'm in no rush on the mini figures). One of the classes I teach is Civics, and my grandfather worked in local government for awhile, so I've been hoping to to add one of these to my Modulars for several years now!!5dbc4724bdf3805d9b3cddeb7fd023b0.jpg
I see 4 minifigs in the picture :) Nice score, next one on my list .....