What Lego set did you buy today?

On 4/5/2019 at 7:19 PM, exracer327 said:

Went to LEGO store last weekend to pick up some sets for upcoming birthdays and take advantage of double pts.  Found a harry potter diagon alley 40289 sitting on the 20% off table with a slight ding in the box.  As I was checking out I asked if they had anymore.  Yep, one more, with a good box.  Sold both of them to me for $16 / ea.  I wasn't even aware they were selling these.  

I had a similar experience last week at the Concord Mills Lego store when I bought a dinged 40293 Christmas Carousel for $14.99.  I was glad to find this because I did not want to spend $99 to get this promo when it was out.

The employee told me this is one of only seven stores in the U.S. that has sets like these and is where Lego puts their inventory when promotions are done.  I know one of the other stores is the Arundel Mills location where I found several dinged boxes of 40223 Snowglobes last year.

I had to leave four of the shelf as my family where passing through while on vacation, and my wife apparently is opposed to the idea of carrying Lego on her lap.  :( 

• Like 2

lol, I hear that (re: wife not wanting to hold stuff).  You should have seen our car returning from the midwest after Christmas last year.  I tried to hit every Target and WM I could find en route home.  Found a bunch of stuff 50% off or better.  Repacked the car 2-3 times to make room for our bags, err, the LEGO. 

I checked after I returned home, the same sets I bought @ 50% off were all still @ MSRP.  Some of those sets are still available around here and still at MSRP.  I don't know if the managers are ignorant or just don't care.  *sigh*

2 hours ago, LegoWalker4 said:

I had a similar experience last week at the Concord Mills Lego store when I bought a dinged 40293 Christmas Carousel for $14.99.  I was glad to find this because I did not want to spend $99 to get this promo when it was out.

The employee told me this is one of only seven stores in the U.S. that has sets like these and is where Lego puts their inventory when promotions are done.  I know one of the other stores is the Arundel Mills location where I found several dinged boxes of 40223 Snowglobes last year.

I had to leave four of the shelf as my family where passing through while on vacation, and my wife apparently is opposed to the idea of carrying Lego on her lap.  :( 

YOU'VE FOUND MY STORE!!!!!

They also still have Slave 1, Porsche and many others not available at RRP

Edited by CosmicSpeed

I probably shouldn't have, but an out of the way Wally had a dozen 76102's (Thor Weapon) for $8. I think this set is super saturated, and it's still in stock at most Targets and Wal-Marts. But for $8 I guess I can't go "wrong". I smell Battle of Atlantis 2.0 however and am not overly optimistic. Maybe better off setting up custom bundles with Thanos' Ultimate Battle. 

It's hard to say no to a bargain sometimes though.

5 minutes ago, Achilles said:

I probably shouldn't have, but an out of the way Wally had a dozen 76102's (Thor Weapon) for $8. I think this set is super saturated, and it's still in stock at most Targets and Wal-Marts. But for $8 I guess I can't go "wrong". I smell Battle of Atlantis 2.0 however and am not overly optimistic. Maybe better off setting up custom bundles with Thanos' Ultimate Battle. 

It's hard to say no to a bargain sometimes though.

I'm buying 76102 for $8 all day long. As many as I could get.

• Like 1

Bought Avengers Quinjet - great price from S@H with double VIP and the Avengers Tower freebie.

For those that haven’t seen/built the Avengers Tower, it is the ideal promo for resellers: great IP, big build, big box with nice graphics, and an exclusive minifigure.  Going for $40 on eBay now - an impressive price considering the giveaway is still available at a reasonable $75 purchase price.  Once the promos are out, is a realistic floor $50 with a ceiling of $100?

20x 30529 Mini Master-Building Emmet The Lego 2 Movie polybags from Target that will be favors for my kids' birthday party tomorrow.  I talked with the toy department manager who gave me $10 off for buying in bulk (was hoping for more of a discount, but at least he gave me something and not nothing.  He could have told me to "You can all just kiss off into the air" in the words of the Violent Femmes).  The red card discount also helped.  I left at least 50 behind in a bin and have a feeling they will be there for a long time and lonely for a home.

If some party guests do not show, I will be able to keep some and display all three builds.  Seeing the positive.  :)

Being older, I do not get the concept of party favors.  It is like getting a bonus for coming to a party and it expected these days.  I am more like Lord/President Business, "Well, guess what? Nobody ever told me I was special.  I never got a trophy just for showing up.   I'm not some special little snowflake."  I really need to take a nap...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Being older, I do not get the concept of party favors.  It is like getting a bonus for coming to a party and it expected these days.  I am more like Lord/President Business, "Well, guess what? Nobody ever told me I was special.  I never got a trophy just for showing up.   I'm not some special little snowflake."  I really need to take a nap...

I’m almost 39, and I remember getting party favors / treat bags at every birthday party I attended in the mid-to-late 80s. I think they’re more elaborate now, but they definitely were a thing back then.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What’s wrong with party favors? I always thought they were more like a thank you to guests for coming, especially birthday parties where guests/kids brought presents.

Oh and I picked up a couple of these beauties for $30 each at a Ross. Those places, like TJ Maxx and Marshall’s, often have treasures...aka free money.

97AA4272-3E7C-4B04-BBFE-7CC91BC420BA.jpeg

• Like 5