Jor-El Minifigure Promo

Noodlenut

I just ordered 2 orc forges from lego.com today, and got the free Jor-El minifigure with it.  I am wondering what everyone here thinks about it.  Do promotions like this usually go up or down in value after being retired.  I like this minifigure, but if I can get at least $10 I think I will sell it.

Do you think that if I waited, than they would increase in value?

Tought to say, kinda just depends on the popularity of that particular fig, and whether or not it gets re-released as part of another set. Jor-El is available for an entire month, but the Hoth Han Solo that was only available for two days isn't even reaching 20 bucks shipped at this point. Why? Probably because alot of people didn't really care for the fig and drove down demand. Plus there a bunch of other Han's in other outfits anyway.

Jor-El? Who knows. Only the head is unique from what I understand, and I don't regularly read Superman comics so I'm not up to date with his popularity as a character. But if they never release another Jor-El in a set ever, he could wind up being worth something. Those are the kinds of things you'll have to consider.

• Like 1

Tought to say, kinda just depends on the popularity of that particular fig, and whether or not it gets re-released as part of another set. Jor-El is available for an entire month, but the Hoth Han Solo that was only available for two days isn't even reaching 20 bucks shipped at this point. Why? Probably because alot of people didn't really care for the fig and drove down demand. Plus there a bunch of other Han's in other outfits anyway.

Jor-El? Who knows. Only the head is unique from what I understand, and I don't regularly read Superman comics so I'm not up to date with his popularity as a character. But if they never release another Jor-El in a set ever, he could wind up being worth something. Those are the kinds of things you'll have to consider.

I opened it for my son. The fig is diff than Supes. Instead of red (cape and s), brown is used in the costume.

Which movie?  Was he the guy in the ice city thing?   I haven't watched  the superman movies in 20 years...tried to 're-watch' one a while back...but wasn't as good a  I remembered...and gave up.

Jor-El is superman's dad.  This is what wikipedia says:  Russell Crowe portrayed Jor-El in Zack Snyder's reboot Man of Steel.[5] In the film, Jor-El is a renowned scientist on Krypton who tries to warn the Kryptonian council of their planet's impending doom. Jor-El attempted to gain permission to send the Kryptonian genetic codex to other worlds in hopes of preserving his species. However, General Zod, his old friend, interrupts his warnings and stages a rebellion against the council, offering Jor-El a large role in reshaping the planet's society. Jor-El refused, after which he escaped from Zod's men and retrieved the codex.

Returning home, Jor-El imprints the codex into his newborn son, Kal-El, who is also the first naturally born Kryptonian in centuries. Jor-El and his wife Lara prepare to launch Kal and the codex to Earth before Zod reached them. When he does, Jor-El fends him off while Lara sends Kal into space. Jor-El is subsequently killed by Zod in a fit of rage before Krypton's destruction.

Kal-El, renamed Clark Kent on Earth, discovers an ancient Kryptonian scout ship, where he unknowingly inserts Jor-El's artificial consciousness into the ship's mainframe. The holographic Jor-El explains Krypton's history, Zod's intentions, and Kal's reason for being on Earth. Jor-El provides his son with his trademark uniform afterwards.

After being captured and held hostage on Zod's ship, Lois Lane summons the holographic Jor-El on board, who helps her escape from Zod's ship. Jor-El then approaches his son, freeing him by altering the ship's atmosphere into that of Earth's. Jor-El then sends Kal to stop Zod from obtaining the codex on Earth.

Later, Zod takes over the scout ship and meets Jor-El's hologram, whom he refers to as a "ghost". Jor-El urges Zod to give up on his attempts at recreating Krypton, but the sectarian forces the A.I. to disappear. Whether or not it is still functional is unknown.

Jor-el prob wont be that valuable, its been on sale for over a month, anyone who buys $75 gets it, so thats like everyone who orders this month. Dont think it will see the same returns as some minifigs that are only available for a few days or when you ahve to buy $100-200+ worth of legos to get it.

Good.   Bring on the hot dog stand!  I've been waiting to put a bunch of orders in for July 1 to get the hot dog stands--many of them.

Seriously? ...is there some value im missing in this set? Just looks like 2 random minifgs, a couple hotdogs and some pieces.

Seriously? ...is there some value im missing in this set? Just looks like 2 random minifgs, a couple hotdogs and some pieces.

I think the hot dog stand will be the most popular seasonal polybag this year.  It's well designed, looks great and kindles nostalgia.  A+ in my book - I can't wait to get mine.

LEGO-Creator-40078-Hot-Dog-Cart-July-201

Special thanks to Bricksandbloks.com for the image.

Wait a few days for the hot dog stand

If you really want one, PM me and we can work something out

Nah, just planned to buy a couple more orc forges and if i can get a free promo item why not!

Also, does anyone knoe of the bike in that hot dog stand is azure blue from other sets or a brand new color?

Come on, it's a cute little hotdog vendor stand. Who doesn't like weenies? :derisive:

Also, does anyone knoe of the bike in that hot dog stand is azure blue from other sets or a brand new color?

The bike is new to that color (introduced just last year) but this polybag is not the first.

Adventure Camper (the first), Heartlake High, Pink Suitcase, and the upcoming Town Square feature one.