$200.00.......need help!

I'm assuming you are talking about the US market? The 10225 UCS R2-D2 is $179.99 on Amazon with free shipping and no tax to a lot of states. I have to differ on previous opinions. The 10225 is a wonderful set, that is also an Ultimate Collector's Series set. The AT-AT walker is also a very cool set, but it has already appreciated to a degree. It is only 800 pieces, in comparison to over 2000 pieces for the 10225. Also, you will be lucky to get an 8129 in MISB condition for less than $225.

There are no guarantees of future appreciation with either set, but if the decision is between an UCS set for $180 that has 2000+ pieces or a retired non-UCS set with 800 pieces for more than $180, the choice is clear to me...the 10225 is the one(strictly from an investment point of view).

I'm assuming you are talking about the US market? The 10225 UCS R2-D2 is $179.99 on Amazon with free shipping and no tax to a lot of states. I have to differ on previous opinions. The 10225 is a wonderful set, that is also an Ultimate Collector's Series set. The AT-AT walker is also a very cool set, but it has already appreciated to a degree. It is only 800 pieces, in comparison to over 2000 pieces for the 10225. Also, you will be lucky to get an 8129 in MISB condition for less than $225.

There are no guarantees of future appreciation with either set, but if the decision is between an UCS set for $180 that has 2000+ pieces or a retired non-UCS set with 800 pieces for more than $180, the choice is clear to me...the 10225 is the one(strictly from an investment point of view).

I say R2 D2 also. Just the piece difference is enough to sell me.

If it's between those two only, then I would have to agree and advise to buy 10225. However, if you're looking for a quick pick and sell for profit then the 10212 Imperial Shuttle is a smart buy. You can still find a few left online for RRP, but it is "Officially" EOL so the value is already going up.

I hate to sound like a negative Nancy here but for me amazon is definitely not the place to buy LEGO sets and here is why, I get taxed in my state for purchases on amazn, secondly I have never got a box that was not damaged (most of them severely damaged). UPS is horrible at package handling......they don't care it's not their investment. I had the to send jabba's palace back 4 times before I got a decent one and and the 5th one still had a tiny crease in the box. Plus the free shipping option is of course the slowest available shipping method so the package spends days bouncing around in planes, trucks and who knows where else. Let me say that I will be getting both sets eventually just have an extra 200 laying around at this particular moment.

I hate to sound like a negative Nancy here but for me amazon is definitely not the place to buy LEGO sets and here is why, I get taxed in my state for purchases on amazn, secondly I have never got a box that was not damaged (most of them severely damaged). UPS is horrible at package handling......they don't care it's not their investment. I had the to send jabba's palace back 4 times before I got a decent one and and the 5th one still had a tiny crease in the box. Plus the free shipping option is of course the slowest available shipping method so the package spends days bouncing around in planes, trucks and who knows where else. Let me say that I will be getting both sets eventually just have an extra 200 laying around at this particular moment.

I have always had good experiences with Amazon. Are you a Prime member? Free 2 day shipping? Any item is at risk. Even LEGO does a poor job with shipping at times.