Pacific Northwest Brickpicker thread

nolanfan34

OK, who else here from Washington, Oregon, Idaho? (Could include Alaska I guess too)

I know we have a few folks from the Seattle area, thought it could be cool to have a PNW thread to call our own for some of our regional stuff that doesn't fit in other threads broadly, like discussion of Fred Meyer or Bartell Drugs?

Fred Meyer in particular has a good sale on right now, although they are getting cleaned out quickly:

- Uruk Hai Army $19.99

- SW Planet sets $4.99

- 4440 Forest Police Station for $49.99

Lots of Hero Factory on sale as well for 40%-ish off.

Anyone else want to raise their hand as a PNW'er?

• Like 1

Yes - went to the Issaquah Fred Meyer yesterday (6/24) afternoon - I saw the same / similar deals.  They only had four of the TIE Bomber planet sets for $4.99 left (three still left, since I bought one).  No other planets sets left.  They had I think three of the 4440 Forest Police Station left.  Didn't see the Uruk Hai Army, but wasn't looking too hard.  I also saw Hero Factory bag sets for sale.  They had a bunch - maybe a dozen or so.

Target in Factoria (Saturday 6/22) and in Issaquah (Sunday 6/23) didn't have anything note-worthy when I went.

Fred Meyer has been the best place for deals for me in the Northwest, since KBToys went under.

Walmart in Factoria isn't so great - never seen anything good and small inventory.  Walmart in Poulsbo and Sequim have a big selection - waiting for that inventory to go on sale.

So what else has good deals - Bartell's?  Never went searching there before.  I'm getting a new one in my town, so might be a good place to try out going forward.

I'm only really biting on no-brainer deals (50%+ off) since I'm totally out of storage.

Mez

Fred Meyer is running a 10% off deal on top of the sales price. I picked up four Uruk hai sets for $18 with no sales tax!

I did the same, picked up a couple (in Issaquah).

Fred Meyer is weird, they pretty much never advertise their Lego sales, you just have to go on Sunday and see what they randomly put on sale that week. The discounts are pretty steep.

Epic Dragon Battle was $84.99, but I think most places they are sold out now.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just north of seattle.  Got two of the Epic Dragon battles for $85/each at Fred Meyer! 

It is even lower now! They have marked them down to 50% off, along with the 4440 Forest Police Station (down to $39.99). Epic Dragon Battle is tough to find, most Fred Meyer's are out of them from what I have seen, but the more rural locations might have them still. Just a heads up for any PNW'ers.

The Forest Police Station is much easier to find, and frankly I think there's a good chance of these dropping lower, as the tag lists the price through 7/13. They could go lower after that. GREAT set at that price I think.

Guest betsy805

It is even lower now! They have marked them down to 50% off, along with the 4440 Forest Police Station (down to $39.99). Epic Dragon Battle is tough to find, most Fred Meyer's are out of them from what I have seen, but the more rural locations might have them still. Just a heads up for any PNW'ers.

The Forest Police Station is much easier to find, and frankly I think there's a good chance of these dropping lower, as the tag lists the price through 7/13. They could go lower after that. GREAT set at that price I think.

awesome!   

Wow thats pretty good. Is this a different store than Meijers I guess? Thats in the central East area states.

Yes, regional store to the NW. Owned by Kroger I think? Not sure if they own Meijers as well (and too lazy to look up).

Great store for Lego. They only rarely advertise their sales too, no clue why. (this is typical of a LOT of items across the store).

• 2 weeks later...

From today, Monday July 22nd:

Tuesday Morning - Overlake:

*3 X Lego Heroica Ilrion Boardgame ($11.99)

*5 X Lego Minotaurus Boardgame ($14.99)

Target - Issaquah:

*Nothing to really report.  They had some Hero Factory bags for 10% off.  Pretty lame.  So disappointed in the Target sales, not sure why I even bother.

Fred Meyer - Issaquah:

*3 X Hobbit Boardgame $20.99 (40% Off)

*5 X Minotaurus Baordgame $14.99 (40% Off)

*ALL FRIENDS 15% OFF

*ALL SUPERHEROES 15% OFF

*ALL STAR WARS 15% OFF

*ALL CITY 15% OFF

I didn't pickup a thing.  Was looking for Hulk Escape, and it wasn't on sale at Target (or in stock at Fred Meyer).

Mez

You won't find the Hulk set in Fred Meyer anymore, they clearanced them out a few months back. I got three of them for $20 each when that happened.

Thanks for sharing the rest. Target in our area is very hit and miss for the deals.

One other to look out for at Fred Meyer - they have the Highway Pickup Creator set on clearance, although in some stores it might not be marked. It should scan at about $40 though after the home clearance discount of 40%. I seem to recall only seeing them at a couple of different stores.

Some of the Star Wars planet sets are now 50% off as well, I saw the Tie Bomber at least.

From today, Monday, July 29, 2013:

Target - Yakima:

*TONS of Jedi Starfighter & Kamino $6.68 (30% Off)

*2 X Monster Fighters Werewelf $16.68

*2 X Galaxy Squad (the big ones) $39.99 (50% Off) ****

*SpongeBob Glove World $12.96 (30% Off)

Also - all battle packs are $10.  They had a bunch.  Also had Hobbit boardgame for 30% off.

Also, for real boardgame lovers, they had one X-Wing miniature game (Fantasy Flight Games) for $19.99. Only one left though.

[***NOTE - so I scanned these huge Galaxy Squad boxes at the price checker and they rang up for $6.99.  I thought I hit the jackpot!  I scanned a second time at the same price checker and the same $6.99 price showed up - both times it scanned with an X-Wing lego description.  Then to be sure I went to a different scanner before I checked out and they scanned up as normal.  I then put them back....  Weird huh?]

From Sunday, July 28, 2013:

Walmart- Yakima (Nob Hill):

*Nothing of note to report....

Mez

From today, Wednesday, July 31, 2013:

Target - Seattle ("City Target" on Pike Street):

*75008 TIE Bomber & Asteroid Field $6.98 (30% Off)
    They also had a few other planet sets for the same price.  But they were Prequel ones, so not memorable to me.
*2 X Monster Fighters Vampire Hearse $19.98 (50% Off) - they placed the new sticker while I was browsing the ailses.
*A bunch of the Hero Factor bags for $9.98 (??? Off)
*1 X Council of Elrond - forget price but I think it was about 30% off.

Not much else.  They were actually placing clearance stickers as I was there on my lunch break - not just Lego - all toys!

I picked up a DUPLO Ariel set for $10.48 (70% Off) - that was the last one.  My niece probably has it already, but just in case.... :)

Mez

Alright, loving the Yakima reports! Please post them so I can avoid the urge to drive over the mountains to check things out.

Haha - no prob.  Its not a vacation without doing a little Lego price investigation.  For the kids of course.  Right.

Hey, BTW, I saw you got some Walmart deals recently.  What store was that at?  I'm closest to the Walmart in Factoria.

Mez

I posted this in the Toys R US forum, but thought it needed repeating because we have so many Coinstars in QFC / Fred Meyer here in the PNW.

Just saw this for those with a Kroger store near them and a participating Coinstar.  Effectively, this is a $10 bonus gift card with purchase of $40 gift card for Toys R Us stores.  Works online and in store.  I just used this in store at a TRU Express, had them price match the 6868 set (Hulk Escape) to $49.99, then used the gift cards. Basically $40 for it, plus tax.  Mezmaron

$10 Toys"R"Us bonus when you cash in at the Kroger Co.

Get a $10 Toys

Haha - no prob.  Its not a vacation without doing a little Lego price investigation.  For the kids of course.  Right.

Hey, BTW, I saw you got some Walmart deals recently.  What store was that at?  I'm closest to the Walmart in Factoria.

Mez

Not far from you. PM sent.

For those of you in Seattle: Math '****** Stuff is having a 20% off sale.  They have a good assortment including many retired sets.  Their prices are not great, but at 20% off there is surely something worth picking up.

http://mathnificent.com/store/

From their email:

20 YEARS / 20 % OFF*
5 days only -> August 6th-10th.

* All sales final.  No holds.  No rain checks.  No phone or mail orders.  Limited to stock on hand.  Not valid on prior purchases.

Walmart - Factoria - Had 3 The Hobbit: Unexpected Gatherings for $49.00 as of Monday.  I picked up one, seems like a cool set.  

My wife found a couple Goblin King Battles for $69.98.  Happy to meet up in Bellevue to sell you one for cost if you are interested.  Otherwise bringing the extra one back to Target.

Guest betsy805

Fred Meyer has a 20% off toys coupon in the flyer this week that will work on Lego. Unfortunately they have nothing on sale from what I have seen, but one location I was at did have the Friends Dolphin Cruiser, so could possibly be useful for the newer stuff hitting some shelves.

interesting, I'll have to look for that!  This is also their employee discount week for customers, where you can print a pass for an additional 15% off home good (including toys).  It's supposed to be good in conjunction with other sales, coupons, and clearance.

interesting, I'll have to look for that!  This is also their employee discount week for customers, where you can print a pass for an additional 15% off home good (including toys).  It's supposed to be good in conjunction with other sales, coupons, and clearance.

That is interesting, I did not catch that. Will have to try it out. I'd like to snag another Batcave at that price.