Pacific Northwest Brickpicker thread

nolanfan34

Thanks for the heads up - bought 3 Final Duels, 100 Kylo Ren Polybags ($1.99 each), 3 Set 75140, and 1 Clone Turbo Tank; I left some of the polybags because I felt bad taking them all; They had 10 AT ST sets that I left. I'm thinking about going back? Good idea, yes or no

Edited by LegoBuildingMama
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, nolanfan34 said:

Have any Washington people seen any good details at Bartell Drugs lately? You used to be able to find some good markdowns, or sale prices, but it seems like I never see anything anymore. At least at my local one. Same for others?

Have never seen LEGO deals there. I did buy a large lot of sets via Craigslist that included several small sets with Bartell stickers (assuming the guy got those at a discount and not the five-finger discount), but even that was a few years ago.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest betsy805
23 hours ago, wegj15 said:

Hi, does anyone know if they still have sand green parts, and which ones, in the pab wall in southcenter or lynnwood? Working towards a moc. Thanks! 

Lynnwood has sand green 1x2 plates, 1x1 bricks, and 1x1 modified brick with stud on two sides.

I'm posting this in the Pac NW thread since it's a regional non-lego deal. I was at Walmart yesterday, and saw some Coors rebates. It was buy a 24 pack, and $100 in gift cards, and get a $50 rebate. Awesome deal, I hit this last year at Fred Meyer. My walmart had the posterboard by the beer, but no actual rebates. Does anyone have one? Does anyone know when this ended? Any info would be appreciated. This is an awesome deal. 

On 1/22/2017 at 2:39 PM, wegj15 said:

Hi, does anyone know if they still have sand green parts, and which ones, in the pab wall in southcenter or lynnwood? Working towards a moc. Thanks! 

Is Bellevue out of their sand green parts?  Or did they get replaced with something new?

• 3 weeks later...

OK, some more info this morning. I hit a few more stores. This is the most widespread Fred Meyer has had a clearance in a couple of years I think.

Maple Valley is pretty picked over. I went to East Kent hill, Benson Hill, downtown Renton this morning (got there before minicoopers apparently). I did not armsweep - all three still have some good Elves, Juniors, Ninjago sets on clearance.

Best finds today (none left at those three stores unless noted)

- Airport $40

- Spider-Man bridge $40

- Clone Turbo Tank $44

- Police prison island $35 (ok, not great for investment but couldn't pass it up)

- City Service Station $35 (same)

- Elves queen dragon $27 (left a few out there)

- Friends Emma's House $27 (left a couple out there)

- Black Panther Pursuit $11

Be sure to scan things - the Benson Hill Renton location as an example had nothing tagged at all and they were doing inventory (where I found all of the above minus the airport). 

And if you collect Marvel Legends figures, lots of those on clearance too although the selection is really random.

• Like 1

Went to a couple Fred Meyers in the Spokane/CDA area and couldn't find anything. Don't know if I was late or if they just didn't have anything. They had Clone Turbo Tanks, airports, and some city and ninjago sets that were mentioned as possible clearance above but they were all full price or only slightly discounted

Just now, southcollector13 said:

Went to a couple Fred Meyers in the Spokane/CDA area and couldn't find anything. Don't know if I was late or if they just didn't have anything. They had Clone Turbo Tanks, airports, and some city and ninjago sets that were mentioned as possible clearance above but they were all full price or only slightly discounted

You may want to try scanning them, some of them are not marked but still rung up correctly for me.

27 minutes ago, wegj15 said:

You may want to try scanning them, some of them are not marked but still rung up correctly for me.

yeah this. When I got my Airport set, it was behind glass so I had to get an employee to open the case. I picked it up and the lady said "oh, that's not marked clearance". I said I bet it is, and she laughed and asked if I worked at another store or something. :-) I was correct and it rung up as clearance. It should be the same in Spokane - one of my favorite things about Freddies is how well run the stores generally are, and are really very consistent from store to store. Opposite of WalMart clearance for example.

South, if you scanned them and that was the case, that is weird, would be the first time I have seen that.

38 minutes ago, nolanfan34 said:

yeah this. When I got my Airport set, it was behind glass so I had to get an employee to open the case. I picked it up and the lady said "oh, that's not marked clearance". I said I bet it is, and she laughed and asked if I worked at another store or something. :-) I was correct and it rung up as clearance. It should be the same in Spokane - one of my favorite things about Freddies is how well run the stores generally are, and are really very consistent from store to store. Opposite of WalMart clearance for example.

South, if you scanned them and that was the case, that is weird, would be the first time I have seen that.

Just trying to help yo

When I was at FM, Clone Turbo was listed at 109 or whatever the regular price is. I used the manual scanner and it rung up as 87.99 (same price that is listed at Fred Meyer online store). I did the same with airport, a couple other SW sets, and other city sets, with the same results. But I did NOT ask an employee.

Is there a chance only an employee/cash register would ring it up as clearance? If that is the case, it would make sense as 50% off 88 would be the 44 for Clone TT mentioned earlier. I am pretty new at this (last fall/Christmas was when I started looking at sets for investment so I don't know many of the clearance "tricks". Thanks