Pacific Northwest Brickpicker thread

11 hours ago, JimboJet said:

As in Harry Potter polybag? Which one? The same one that is turning up at Target?

Sorry, I meant the CMF series. My Fred Meyer had two boxes out, which were empty outside of three remaining packs. Thankfully none were duplicates.

Fred Meyer Friends and Family starts today, 15% off of toys which should work on Lego. Now we just need a sale or some clearance.

3 minutes ago, nolanfan34 said:

Hey gang. Fred Meyer question. To those who built up a Holiday Bonus savings thing which is live right now, have you tried it for Lego and does it work on just one item or your whole purchase? I found out yesterday it does NOT work on clearance as we were buying a couch. 

In the past it's worked for me on the whole purchase.

Hey gang. Fred Meyer question. To those who built up a Holiday Bonus savings thing which is live right now, have you tried it for Lego and does it work on just one item or your whole purchase? I found out yesterday it does NOT work on clearance as we were buying a couch. 
Given that FM is just the Northeast version of Kroger, I assume the Holiday Bonus works the same as in there:
- 1 transaction consisting of 1 or more items
- Total max.discount $300
- No clearance, but works on Final Closeout prices, as long as they do not show up as a discount on the register (I picked up some Juniors Farm Suitcases that were on Closeout at 20% off; the register just showed the closeout price as the regular price and gave me the 50% off).
- Stacks with sale prices.

2 hours ago, Phil B said:
3 hours ago, nolanfan34 said:
Thanks both. That is what I was figuring but just curious if anyone has done it. Cashier yesterday was clueless. 

I recommend using the selfcheckouts, if Fred Meyer has those....

Confirmed it applied to the whole purchase.

I bought some Levi's though and some Nike stuff for gifts which had security tags so didn't do self checkout. Got a few Lego items but nothing too crazy. Don't ban me mods. 🙂

• Thanks 1

I had on my calendar that the 2016 and 2017 40% sales occurred this week. I'm thinking that the holiday bonus coupon replaced that event.

I've already used my Holiday bonus coupon, successfully I believe: Tips for next time...

Step 1.  Gather all of the sets that you want to purchase from different stores (because they all carry different stock). I didn't use my rewards card on these transactions. I focused on sets that were already 20% off. The shelf tag had a 12/11 sale date in the lower right corner so I knew that they would still be on sale during the Bonus coupon redemption window.

Step 2. Return them and repurchased with the bonus coupon. Get as close to the  $750 transaction total as you can which gives the maximum $300 discount.

Results:

75218 Star Wars X-Wing $63.99-25.60= $38.39 52% off

2x 75930 Indoraptor Rampage at Lockwood $103.99-41.60 = $62.39 52% off

75212 Kessel Run Millennium Falcon $135.99-54.40 = $81.59 52% off

3x 45955 Hogwarts Express  $63.99-25.60 = $38.39 52% off

Then some smaller Jurassic world and Disney sets to make the total close to the $750 total.

I was not in the loop in regards to the bonus at all. From what I’m seeing, you had to spend $500 or more to get the 40% off, which I wouldn’t have done anyway. I agree with the idea that the bonus likely replaced the sale though, there would have been some news by now if the sale was happening this year

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

I had on my calendar that the 2016 and 2017 40% sales occurred this week. I'm thinking that the holiday bonus coupon replaced that event.
I've already used my Holiday bonus coupon, successfully I believe: Tips for next time...
Step 1.  Gather all of the sets that you want to purchase from different stores (because they all carry different stock). I didn't use my rewards card on these transactions. I focused on sets that were already 20% off. The shelf tag had a 12/11 sale date in the lower right corner so I knew that they would still be on sale during the Bonus coupon redemption window.
Step 2. Return them and repurchased with the bonus coupon. Get as close to the  $750 transaction total as you can which gives the maximum $300 discount.
Results:
75218 Star Wars X-Wing $63.99-25.60= $38.39 52% off
2x 75930 Indoraptor Rampage at Lockwood $103.99-41.60 = $62.39 52% off
75212 Kessel Run Millennium Falcon $135.99-54.40 = $81.59 52% off
3x 45955 Hogwarts Express  $63.99-25.60 = $38.39 52% off
Then some smaller Jurassic world and Disney sets to make the total close to the $750 total.

This is stock manipulation and is considered unethical. Please do not post these kinds of antics on this forum.