Pacific Northwest Brickpicker thread

nolanfan34

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/tag/4879211325.html

Another one. But a good deal.

Sent from my XT1095 using Brickpicker mobile app

Thanks for posting this. I picked it up today. It's deleted now, but it was a Palace Cinema and an Architecture Studio (first edition version) for $250 total. 

Very nice guy. Adult collector. Having to sell off a bunch of stuff due to a personal situation and home for sale. He said he would be posting more to Craigslist, he had one of a bunch of random sets, mostly recently retired or current super heroes, Star Wars, the Hobbit, and a few Ideas like Minecraft, BTTF, and the Ecto-1. Probably a good deal to be had there for someone for the whole lot, but I only had enough cash for what I planned to buy.

• Like 1

Anyone find clearance deals at Fred Meyer like justapilgrim?

Yep. Found the TMNT Lair Invasion for $40, Chima Mammoth for $35, one Chima Phoenix Fire Temple for $46 at the Fred Meyer in Bellevue (box had seals on one side that looked iffy, so I decided to pass). I also found one Friends bakery for $11.

Didn't find any Arctic Bases. Family House is still $69. No Benny's. I would guess based on how they priced this clearance that if you find a Heartlake Mall it will be on clearance, as will the Agents HQ. I haven't seen either for a month though. 

yeah mine in olympia didnt have much as far as lego clearance.  Nice find on the bakery though.

Yep, that is one where my radar is tuned enough to Fred Meyer that I know it will scan clearance before I even try it. Haven't seen that for months there. 

Forgot to mention - Dolphin Cruiser, Cinderella's Castle should be clearance now if you run across one. And be sure to scan, as not all Freddies are great about posting clearance tags.

Thanks for posting this. I picked it up today. It's deleted now, but it was a Palace Cinema and an Architecture Studio (first edition version) for $250 total.

Very nice guy. Adult collector. Having to sell off a bunch of stuff due to a personal situation and home for sale. He said he would be posting more to Craigslist, he had one of a bunch of random sets, mostly recently retired or current super heroes, Star Wars, the Hobbit, and a few Ideas like Minecraft, BTTF, and the Ecto-1. Probably a good deal to be had there for someone for the whole lot, but I only had enough cash for what I planned to buy.

Glad you got it. I was hoping someone here would.

Sent from my XT1095 using Brickpicker mobile app

I've actually been talking to him for a few weeks now. He is a really nice guy going through a rough patch. he has some open sets we are working out a deal on, just waiting for his ex to pick what she wants. But he is a huge collector of other things as well. His video game collection is insane

I've actually been talking to him for a few weeks now. He is a really nice guy going through a rough patch. he has some open sets we are working out a deal on, just waiting for his ex to pick what she wants. But he is a huge collector of other things as well. His video game collection is insane

I forgot about that, I didn't even check the other stuff out, just saw bins and bins of Hot Wheels.

Yep, that is one where my radar is tuned enough to Fred Meyer that I know it will scan clearance before I even try it. Haven't seen that for months there. 

Forgot to mention - Dolphin Cruiser, Cinderella's Castle should be clearance now if you run across one. And be sure to scan, as not all Freddies are great about posting clearance tags.

Thank for the heads up I will give those a try.  I actually asked one time if I always just missed the Lego in clearance since I know there is a big spender in my area that hits up fred meyers.    The person I talked to said they move the Lego over to clearance only if they need to fill space and that they rarely put the discount stickers on the Legos.  He said if differs from store to store and to always look on the top shelf for older items on discount.  Heck im so short (5'7)I never even notice legos all the up there.

Nice snag. How did you beat my wife to that?! Haha.

Has anyone every driven up to the Lego stores in BC and bought stuff?  Any trouble coming back through the border with lego (in quantity or not)?  Am toying with the idea of heading up, since the exchange rate is in our favor.

No, last time I considered this was for the last Lego store opening to get that Lego store set.

On a semi-related note, recently when returning to country via air, the US customs agent stated they were going to consider each Simpsons minifigure pack to be worth $5. Had 2 sealed cases in my luggage, so 120 packs. Thankfully was able to talk them down and didn't have to pay duty.

So has anyone here bought something at Fred Meyer with one of those yellow "stick-on" stock control alarms/devices? Do they come off without damage when the cashier takes it off?

There was an emmet mech that was ripped under the device (it was loose already, so I'm guessing it was tampered with). Curious if they leave any marks when taken off properly.

So has anyone here bought something at Fred Meyer with one of those yellow "stick-on" stock control alarms/devices? Do they come off without damage when the cashier takes it off?

There was an emmet mech that was ripped under the device (it was loose already, so I'm guessing it was tampered with). Curious if they leave any marks when taken off properly.

They leave marks.

Ex Astris, Scientia.