Pacific Northwest Brickpicker thread

nolanfan34

11 hours ago, JimboJet said:

As in Harry Potter polybag? Which one? The same one that is turning up at Target?

Sorry, I meant the CMF series. My Fred Meyer had two boxes out, which were empty outside of three remaining packs. Thankfully none were duplicates.

Fred Meyer Friends and Family starts today, 15% off of toys which should work on Lego. Now we just need a sale or some clearance.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, nolanfan34 said:

Hey gang. Fred Meyer question. To those who built up a Holiday Bonus savings thing which is live right now, have you tried it for Lego and does it work on just one item or your whole purchase? I found out yesterday it does NOT work on clearance as we were buying a couch. 

In the past it's worked for me on the whole purchase.

Hey gang. Fred Meyer question. To those who built up a Holiday Bonus savings thing which is live right now, have you tried it for Lego and does it work on just one item or your whole purchase? I found out yesterday it does NOT work on clearance as we were buying a couch. 
Given that FM is just the Northeast version of Kroger, I assume the Holiday Bonus works the same as in there:
- 1 transaction consisting of 1 or more items
- Total max.discount $300
- No clearance, but works on Final Closeout prices, as long as they do not show up as a discount on the register (I picked up some Juniors Farm Suitcases that were on Closeout at 20% off; the register just showed the closeout price as the regular price and gave me the 50% off).
- Stacks with sale prices.

2 hours ago, Phil B said:
3 hours ago, nolanfan34 said:
Thanks both. That is what I was figuring but just curious if anyone has done it. Cashier yesterday was clueless. 

I recommend using the selfcheckouts, if Fred Meyer has those....

Confirmed it applied to the whole purchase.

I bought some Levi's though and some Nike stuff for gifts which had security tags so didn't do self checkout. Got a few Lego items but nothing too crazy. Don't ban me mods. ?

• Thanks 1

I had on my calendar that the 2016 and 2017 40% sales occurred this week. I'm thinking that the holiday bonus coupon replaced that event.

I've already used my Holiday bonus coupon, successfully I believe: Tips for next time...

Step 1.  Gather all of the sets that you want to purchase from different stores (because they all carry different stock). I didn't use my rewards card on these transactions. I focused on sets that were already 20% off. The shelf tag had a 12/11 sale date in the lower right corner so I knew that they would still be on sale during the Bonus coupon redemption window.

Step 2. Return them and repurchased with the bonus coupon. Get as close to the  $750 transaction total as you can which gives the maximum $300 discount.

Results:

75218 Star Wars X-Wing $63.99-25.60= $38.39 52% off

2x 75930 Indoraptor Rampage at Lockwood $103.99-41.60 = $62.39 52% off

75212 Kessel Run Millennium Falcon $135.99-54.40 = $81.59 52% off

3x 45955 Hogwarts Express  $63.99-25.60 = $38.39 52% off

Then some smaller Jurassic world and Disney sets to make the total close to the $750 total.

I was not in the loop in regards to the bonus at all. From what I’m seeing, you had to spend $500 or more to get the 40% off, which I wouldn’t have done anyway. I agree with the idea that the bonus likely replaced the sale though, there would have been some news by now if the sale was happening this year

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

I had on my calendar that the 2016 and 2017 40% sales occurred this week. I'm thinking that the holiday bonus coupon replaced that event.
I've already used my Holiday bonus coupon, successfully I believe: Tips for next time...
Step 1.  Gather all of the sets that you want to purchase from different stores (because they all carry different stock). I didn't use my rewards card on these transactions. I focused on sets that were already 20% off. The shelf tag had a 12/11 sale date in the lower right corner so I knew that they would still be on sale during the Bonus coupon redemption window.
Step 2. Return them and repurchased with the bonus coupon. Get as close to the  $750 transaction total as you can which gives the maximum $300 discount.
Results:
75218 Star Wars X-Wing $63.99-25.60= $38.39 52% off
2x 75930 Indoraptor Rampage at Lockwood $103.99-41.60 = $62.39 52% off
75212 Kessel Run Millennium Falcon $135.99-54.40 = $81.59 52% off
3x 45955 Hogwarts Express  $63.99-25.60 = $38.39 52% off
Then some smaller Jurassic world and Disney sets to make the total close to the $750 total.

This is stock manipulation and is considered unethical. Please do not post these kinds of antics on this forum.

• 6 months later...
11 hours ago, JimboJet said:

Fred Meyer has Toy Story 4 toys (including Lego) for 25% off.  The biggest set ($49.99) wasn't scanning with any discount, but all the other lower priced sets were. 

Saw this as well. Sadly nothing else that interesting to report - a quiet thread for the last 6 months!

Hey Northwest Pickers...I'm heading to Seattle & Portland with the family the first week of August. We've never been in that area of the country so I'm looking forward to the trip. Can you offer any ideas on what to check out besides the usual tourist stops like the Space Needle & fish market? Are there any DB Cooper related stops or museums? Any National Parks worth checking out?  Whale watching? We will definately check out a ghost tour and the Shanghai Tunnels. Don't worry. I won't have time or space for picking, so your Lego stock is safe. 

Feel free to PM me so we don't clog your thread with personal stuff. Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

Hey Northwest Pickers...I'm heading to Seattle & Portland with the family the first week of August. We've never been in that area of the country so I'm looking forward to the trip. Can you offer any ideas on what to check out besides the usual tourist stops like the Space Needle & fish market? Are there any DB Cooper related stops or museums? Any National Parks worth checking out?  Whale watching? We will definately check out a ghost tour and the Shanghai Tunnels. Don't worry. I won't have time or space for picking, so your Lego stock is safe. 

Feel free to PM me so we don't clog your thread with personal stuff. Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions!

William from Tacoma here so I will recommend Point Defiance and Ruston Point here in Tacoma. The Point is the second biggest Municipal (in a city) park in country second to Central park and has a beautiful rose garden, its on the water and also a zoo and aquarium. Not far is Ruston Point is new and features on the water eating and shopping, walking and is nice and kinda posh. - Also if you are coming up here and like history, mystery, beer and food there is a chain of Restaurants called McMenamins all over Portland and in some of WA including the new Elks Temple in Tacoma. They take old historic properties and restore them, make great beer and each property has lots of art, history and surprises. I highly recommend the Edgefield 15 minutes outside Portland along the Columbia. Look into doing a scavenger hunt there. - Also recommend Boeing Museum of Flight in Seattle, Washington Park in Portland and the Japanese Garden therein. Pearl District and Alphabet shopping and restaurant districts in Portland. McMenamins everywhere in Portland (seek the cajun tots), also the Deschutes Brewery (Pearl) and Food Trucks up over the burnside are fun. I’m not in love with Downtown Seattle after working there for many years but visiting Seattle Center is interesting as it was the location of the Worlds Fair back in the day, I’m sure others will have good recos for that area. One more thing is there is a Lego store towards Beaverton OR for tax free Lego :) - Have a good trip up here!

Edited by wegj15
  • Like 1

Guest betsy805
1 hour ago, terrymc4677 said:

As a National Park lover, if you can swing it, a day trip to either Mt. Rainier NP or Artist Point in the North Cascades is stunning

Mt St Helens.
Also, it’ll be a bit of a drive south of Portland, but you have not seen the color blue unless you’ve been to Crater Lake. If you can’t make a track that far I would definitely check out the Columbia River Gorge, Multnomah falls is particularly gorgeous. Although sadly they no longer let you walk behind it.
  • Like 1

Looks like Portland and Seattle are covered. If you're willing to add Vancouver, BC area to the list, Richmond Night Market is fantastic to check out in summer. At night. Be sure to turn up the volume and play "God Bless the USA" as you cross the border.

Edited by minicoopers11
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, terrymc4677 said:

I appreciate the replies and suggestions. There are some great ideas here. We will do a little homework and plan our itinerary. I'm looking forward to the trip!

You should have a PLan A and Plan B:

My family has visited the PAcific Northwest twice in the late summers in the  past 3 years and both times regional fires have made outdoor activities and views a No Go. Imagine Seattle with ZERO views of the mountains..and Portland w/ barely a glimpse of Mt. Hood.

We are planning our 3rd trip 2nd week of August this summer as well...fingers crossed.  Big ticket items on our agenda this time are the Boeing factory tour and ferry tour north of Seattle to see the Orcas. 

I'm open to PMs if you have specific questions for someone who recently made the trip as a tourist.

• Like 1

Here's my $0.02:

Seattle: For a budget tour, take a ferry from the Coleman dock to Bainbridge, go to the back of the boat and get great photos of Seattle.  When the boat docks walk 1/2 mile to Mora Ice Cream.  Or you can go to Pier 54 Argosy Cruises and take the "Locks" Tour.  You'll see downtown, go through the lock, and see Sleepless in Seattle houseboat and the boats from Deadliest Catch.  Another alternative to the Space Needle is the Sky View tower in the Columbia Center, much higher and cheaper and less crowded, but it's not open air.  Whale watching requires a drive and maybe a ferry ride, San Juan Island is where we go from, also neat little town (Friday Harbor) to visit.

Portland: Go to Voodoo Doughnut

• Like 1

On 6/23/2019 at 2:40 PM, terrymc4677 said:

I appreciate the replies and suggestions. There are some great ideas here. We will do a little homework and plan our itinerary. I'm looking forward to the trip!

6 hours ago, JimboJet said:

Here's my $0.02:

Seattle: For a budget tour, take a ferry from the Coleman dock to Bainbridge, go to the back of the boat and get great photos of Seattle.  When the boat docks walk 1/2 mile to Mora Ice Cream.  Or you can go to Pier 54 Argosy Cruises and take the "Locks" Tour.  You'll see downtown, go through the lock, and see Sleepless in Seattle houseboat and the boats from Deadliest Catch.  Another alternative to the Space Needle is the Sky View tower in the Columbia Center, much higher and cheaper and less crowded, but it's not open air.  Whale watching requires a drive and maybe a ferry ride, San Juan Island is where we go from, also neat little town (Friday Harbor) to visit.

Portland: Go to Voodoo Doughnut

Friday Harbor!?! I know a Brickpicker in Friday harbor  :meeting: I've a good friend at Friday harbor Suites, I'm looking into a discount code or something for there. 

P.M. Me if thinking of staying there MAYBE I'll have a code or something.     You wont likely find any LEGO deals here, only marked up S.W stuff. When our store that carries it has sales they usually exclude LEGO.☠️      Whales,Kayaking,hiking,drinking general outdoorsy stuff.  Venture out to the beaches you may even find yourself without cell signal, Truly unplugged.  It's been awesome this year but don't tell anyone?    Also, I'm glad to see a thread that talks about Fred Meyer deals as I hadn't yet seen those mentioned since I've been on.

• Like 1