Pacific Northwest Brickpicker thread

nolanfan34

Well darn.  I was looking forward to Fred Meyer's sales this week (last year I used the $30 off $150 home purchase, which includes toys) AND got the free turkey too. But now the $30 off $150 coupon says that it excludes LEGO.  

Looking at all the Black Friday ads, whether FM, Kmart, Walmart, etc, I am disappointed too.  Doesn't seem to be many good opportunities in the toy departments.  I have had luck with asking for discounts on damaged boxes.

Fred Meyer has a Family & Friends reusable shopping pass for 15% off toys, and as far as I can tell there isn't a LEGO restriction this time!  Hopefully, some of the sets will already be discounted to get a better price.

I saw this in my email too.  Noticed no Lego restrictions.  Need to get some stuff sold and take advantage of this.  I only saw a couple of Lego Friends sets for sale next week, but at my local FM store, they had a lot of LEGOs on sale last week that weren't marked...had to scan to find out price.  

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I saw series 13 at Fred Meyer in Renton. And yeah, stinks about the coupon. Their point of sale system is properly programmed to not apply it to Lego now. 

Is it? This seemed to vary. The green bonus coupon at 2 of 3 stores in the same area didn't work during that 40% off sale. One did...but I think those polybags were not properly categorized as Lego or something at that one store.

I missed the 40% off unfortunately. One thing I like about Fred Meyer (and the reason I think they survive and can compete against Amazon, Target, grocery stores, etc) is that they seem to be very efficiently run and consistent from store to store. For the most part. 99% of the time I have had clearance scores there, it has been stuff on high shelves unmarked that I KNOW will scan at clearance before even looking at it because their POS system is usually pretty solid. At least in Washington.

Semi-related note - WA/OR/ID brickpickers may singlehandedly impact the aftermarket on Mixels series 3 and that Decorating the Tree polybag. If those hit clearance after the holidays, we're all going to have a few hundred of each haha.

I missed the 40% off unfortunately. One thing I like about Fred Meyer (and the reason I think they survive and can compete against Amazon, Target, grocery stores, etc) is that they seem to be very efficiently run and consistent from store to store. For the most part. 99% of the time I have had clearance scores there, it has been stuff on high shelves unmarked that I KNOW will scan at clearance before even looking at it because their POS system is usually pretty solid. At least in Washington.

Semi-related note - WA/OR/ID brickpickers may singlehandedly impact the aftermarket on Mixels series 3 and that Decorating the Tree polybag. If those hit clearance after the holidays, we're all going to have a few hundred of each haha.

I forgot to mention this earlier - the Decorating the Tree polybag was on sale for $5.25.  I'm hoping for a steeper discount after Christmas.

My FM in Olympia they sold out of the Christmas trees.  I was picking a few up each week and then they were gone yesterday.  I asked one of the checkers and she said that some guy came through and bought over 200 of them.  Wow I could understand that at the Clearance price but not for $6 each.

My FM in Olympia they sold out of the Christmas trees.  I was picking a few up each week and then they were gone yesterday.  I asked one of the checkers and she said that some guy came through and bought over 200 of them.  Wow I could understand that at the Clearance price but not for $6 each.

Yeah, they have started to move around me as well. Still think they'll hit clearance. So who on here bought the 200? 

I've sold a out 200 total.of the trees, see thread in ebay forum, this was polybag I was talking about. I got these as low as $4 when lego was 20% off and a 15% friends and family coupon. If you bulk up try selling k lots of 10 and offer international. Several people have bought 10-15 for family craft xmas nught

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

Guest betsy805

Yeah someone bought out all the ones at the Lynnwood store near me too...I was getting a handful of them and the checkout clerk told me someone had just come in and bought a ton of them.  I always wonder how many brickpickers I've passed in the lego aisles of stores :)