Pacific Northwest Brickpicker thread

nolanfan34

100 each? Man that is a ton. I know there's money to be made on them, just feel like there will be a ton on secondary market next year. I guess it depends on how cool new polybags are. 

What do you all think about post-Christmas sales? Anyone know if Fred Meyer will do the buy two get one free like they did last year? I noticed many of the sale items at the moment are going to be that price until 1/5, and I recall the 2 for 1 being after Christmas last year.

Hi all, new to BP, I'm a collector in WA looking for deals, not into reselling.  Anyway, what's up with all the 75054 AT-AT and 75055 ISD disappearing from Fred Meyer?  I hit six stores on Thursday during their 20% off Lego sale (thanks to justapilgrim for the heads up) and none had any.  It's almost as if they pulled them for the sale because I swear there were several at many of the stores I hit just a few day before.  Either that or someone cleaned them out before noon that day???  Wonder if Freddys will be restocking the big sets after xmas?

Hi all, new to BP, I'm a collector in WA looking for deals, not into reselling.  Anyway, what's up with all the 75054 AT-AT and 75055 ISD disappearing from Fred Meyer?  I hit six stores on Thursday during their 20% off Lego sale (thanks to justapilgrim for the heads up) and none had any.  It's almost as if they pulled them for the sale because I swear there were several at many of the stores I hit just a few day before.  Either that or someone cleaned them out before noon that day???  Wonder if Freddys will be restocking the big sets after xmas?

I think they just get sold. Not sure if they get restocked though - they don't seem to carry many of the large sets in the Lego aisle by default, seems to depend on the store size. Those sets you should have plenty of chances to get at a discount from other retailers though this year.

Sorry I missed that 40% off deal.  I got them for 20% off and then I had a person over 55 get the extra 10% making it to 30% off but I only bought a few.  Missed the boat on that one I guess.  I think they only did the extra 10% senior discount for a couple tuesdays.  

Edited by wsuskee

Sorry I missed that 40% off deal.  I got them for 20% off and then I had a person over 55 get the extra 10% making it to 30% off but I only bought a few.  Missed the boat on that one I guess.  I think they only did the extra 10% senior discount for a couple tuesdays.  

Oh, the senior discount isn't available every Tuesday? And here I was, ready to take my non-english speaking father-in-law out shopping with me...

Hi. New too buying as well. In Seatac. Haven't left the couch to go deal hunting. Doesn't seem to be a lot in the way of sales this year.

Sent from my XT1095 using Brickpicker mobile app

Welcome!  You're absolutely right, there aren't any good sales out there since Freddy's 40% off.  Hopefully, the sales will be better after Christmas!

Driving from Los Angeles to Portland for Christmas. Stopped at Woodbine Outlet just south of Portland. Prices at TOys R Us outlet not good; grumbling. Until I saw the series 1 Mixels. Sure, I'll pay $5.50 for a Mixel!!! I may have got the last of them.

Sent from my XT1028 using Brickpicker mobile app

• Like 2

In Damascus OR now. Going to my first ever Fred Meyer in Gresham because I keep seeing it mentioned here. Are there any other Portland area stores I should check out while I'm here? I'm especially interested in recommendations for after Christmas clearance shopping. I'm in Oregon until Dec. 28th. Loving the lack of sales tax!!!

Just got back from hunting for after Christmas clearance.  Overall it was about what I thought as there were some good deals to be had but nothing special.  The following is what I picked up

Target:  $2 friends and Chima polys, $8.50 microfighters

Kmart:  $10 Kashyyyx Troopers on sale and rewards

Fred Meyer:  Was hoping for Christmas poly but no luck did have 75% off all Christmas stuff while most places were 50%

Shopko:  $9 movie flyer, $6 beasts

Walmart:  $7 microfighters, $17 sw speeder 75012, $21 sw spider 75016.  They had the largest amount of clearance with lots of Chima,city and movie sets marked down 30%

Gresham, OR Fred Meyers has lots of 3.99 series 3 Mixels but only green and purple. Saw the empty shelf where the 4.99 Christmas polys used to be. Heading south to Eugine tomorrow, which is my last stop in the Pacific Northwest.

Oh, saw 29.99 Friends Advents at Bi-Mart in Gresham. I assume they will go on sale as soon as I leave the area.

Anyone find anything at the Fred Meyer "toy clearance" today? Heavy air quotes there, as I only stopped at my local one and saw they had pulled back out all of the unsold toys clearance crap that sat outside in the garden area all summer. No markdowns on any Lego I could find. Very different from last year.

Anyone find anything at the Fred Meyer "toy clearance" today? Heavy air quotes there, as I only stopped at my local one and saw they had pulled back out all of the unsold toys clearance crap that sat outside in the garden area all summer. No markdowns on any Lego I could find. Very different from last year.

Just junk at the Kirkland Fred Meyer.  : (