21050 - Architecture Studio

TheOrcKing

If you check the B&******'s in your area, it will say if it's having this event on the store website.  There were two in the west Houston area (Katy & Champions) that are having one.  The community relations person in charge that I spoke with said it's limited to 25 people and geared towards teens and adults.  Of course she didn't know about set 21050, but I'm sure it will be there and no word on price.  She said it will last about an hour, was free to get in, there was a speaker, and lots of sets to play with and design during the event.  If you want to attend, my advice is the find your closest Barnes and Noble and call and RSVP, because if the 25 slots is filled up, they said they wouldn't let you in the event.  Hope this helps.

If you want to attend, my advice is the find your closest Barnes and Noble and call and RSVP, because if the 25 slots is filled up, they said they wouldn't let you in the event.

You're kidding me. Only 20-25 people?! Jeeze, the nearest Barnes & Noble near me stating it will have this event is already quite a drive away but then to hear such a limitation wouldn't even make the trip worth the effort. No thank you. Only thing I'd want is the set and there is plenty of time for that on my regular daily schedule.

Just saw the Architecture Studio set at my local B&******.  Although the set is not yet on sale, I managed to persuade the manager to show me the box.  The price is $149.99 or $149.95 (don't remember the last digit).  It comes with a 200+ page building guide.  One side panel shows a tally of the pieces inside the box.  B&****** members can get 10% off this sets, as well as all other Lego sets that B&****** sells.

I was told that the set will be sold at B&****** during and after the event.  My local Lego store also said that it will carry this set.

@Cambridge - Did your LEGO Store say what days it will carry the Architecture Studio? I really want to pick it up without going to B&******.

My local store will host the event on July 25 (evening).  The store manager said that the set will be sold at my local store on July 25.  However, I am not sure if the set will be available for sale starting in the morning or the evening.

Also, I am not sure if the set will be available at B&******'s website.

One more thing ... the B&****** manager said that there will be a building portion for the event.  The manager said that after the event, the store will have to ship back to Lego the bricks used for the event.  Also, the Studio set that will be sold during the event will be exactly the same as the ones that will be available after the event.  

Just got the email from bn about the Lego Architecture Event

==

Join our staff and a local Lego enthusiast to learn basic principles of design with white bricks from our Lego Architecture line of products. Each attendee 10 years and up at this event will get a base and some white bricks to use in making a take-home project.

==

Go Go Go .... My whole family is very looking forward to it. I hope they will give my two kids (who are 10 and under) a base and some white bricks too.

I replied to the thread under the architecture sub-forum. I am very excited when I got the email from bn.com just now that,

==

Join our staff and a local Lego enthusiast to learn basic principles of design with white bricks from our Lego Architecture line of products. Each attendee 10 years and up at this event will get a base and some white bricks to use in making a take-home project.

==

remember to check your barnes and nobles and see when the event is at your location.

in my area, the different BN have it on a different day. It makes me want to go to all of them to collect the base and white bricks and add to our collection :-)

BN is very generous. When my kids attended a duplo event earlier, they gave each kid their own 6758 Grow Caterpillar Grow to take home!

in my area, the different BN have it on a different day. It makes me want to go to all of them to collect the base and white bricks and add to our collection :-)

BN is very generous. When my kids attended a duplo event earlier, they gave each kid their own 6758 Grow Caterpillar Grow to take home!

Glad that your have a generous B&****** in your city.  The 2 Manhattan B&****** I checked said that Lego bricks will not be given out to attendees.

I just RSVPed as well.  Really interested to see what the format of the Special Presentation is.  The website had no information, and the clerk I RSVPed with had little information either.

This sounds pretty cool, though.  Definitely looking forward to Thursday now!

So I just got back from my local Barnes & Noble's LEGO Architecture event. It was actually really fun! They had us free build two little models. They were emphasizing the importance of scale. Anyway, it was a great introduction to the new Architecture Studio set (it made me actually want it). 

qD5HJBs.jpg?1

tB7rw1I.jpg

our store gave out 1 big white base plate + 2 big bags + 1 small bag (random from the studio set) of white pieces to each person to start off! Plus community bricks in other containers each participant could use for his/her project. very nice. many neat and interesting design by the kids at our store.

post-14603-0-38301400-1374888904_thumb.j

So I just got back from my local Barnes & Noble's LEGO Architecture event. It was actually really fun! They had us free build two little models. They were emphasizing the importance of scale. Anyway, it was a great introduction to the new Architecture Studio set (it made me actually want it).

Looks like the both of you had great fun at the event. Just tossing an idea out there, how about writing up a personal blog for the whole thing? How it went, what they talked about, what was built, such and such. There wasn't an event nearby me so I for one would find it an interesting read.

Quick question, did they have the Architecture Studio set available for purchase at all? Or was it just 'on display'?

I thought the event was okay.  Our speaker was a really old structural engineer who obviously had no interest in Lego, and the lady running the thing for BN for a little on the weird side - however, the build portion was a lot of fun.

The literally opened everything they had onto 3 tables and said go for it.  Plenty to create with.  The Architecture Studio sets were available for purchase $149.99, but seems pretty expensive for just white monochrome pieces that are really just run of the mill.  Seems like the majority of the money goes into a pretty big instruction guide, but they didn't have one out of the box to look at so I don't know what it contains.  Looked pretty thick though.

Overall - not a bad experience, and got to just sit and build with my brother and my nephew for an hour, so that was cool.  Also, they said they are selling it just thorugh BN for the next four days, so...

The Architecture Studio sets were available for purchase $149.99, but seems pretty expensive for just white monochrome pieces that are really just run of the mill.  Seems like the majority of the money goes into a pretty big instruction guide, but they didn't have one out of the box to look at so I don't know what it contains.  Looked pretty thick though.

Overall - not a bad experience, and got to just sit and build with my brother and my nephew for an hour, so that was cool.  Also, they said they are selling it just thorugh BN for the next four days, so...

The shear amount of bricks along with the fact that a lot of the bricks are hard to obtain through normal means makes the set a winner imho. At least if you are a MOCer. Also, the set is available at LEGO stores.

Our speaker was a lego fan and an architect. He showed a model he built. The talk was okay. He mainly talked about scales, and general architecture stuffs. Our event was geared for kids/teens not teens/adults.  Each kid got a box with one big base plates and 3 bags of lego. The architect prepared some architecture books, and would answer any questions the kids had. He suggested the kids to pick a building from the books and built it. But most built their own. He walked around, commented on each of the creation, and gave advices on how to make it better or how to do something. My kids thought it was fun. Plus they got to take their creations (and the unused pieces) home!! Did not stay to the end of the event, not sure what they did with the rest of the bricks. We left after the kids were done.

The event I went to yesterday was okay. I couldn't stay until the end, and no one offered to let me take any pieces. Supposedly the set is going to be available via BN through early next week and then via the Lego Shop as well beginning August 1. (This bit of info I got from Lego LEGO Shop at Home.)

The set appears to be okay. I can't help but think it's a bit overpriced for what it is, even by Lego standards. But if the 18-35 demo is the primary target, it's probably justifiable. They didn't have the book that comes with the set available for us to see, which would've been great since it appears to be the most unique thing about the set.

All in all, I'm glad I went because I enjoy building. Just a bit underwhelmed. This could've been a lot more fun and exciting, but I can imagine experiences vary by store too.

I see a session at a B&****** near me, but I also noticed some people said they RSVP'ed. I didn't see that option. Did any of you just show up at the scheduled time and were accepted to participate? Would be nice to take my kids and cousins to this....

I see a session at a B&****** near me, but I also noticed some people said they RSVP'ed. I didn't see that option. Did any of you just show up at the scheduled time and were accepted to participate? Would be nice to take my kids and cousins to this....

I just called the store and RSVP'd beforehand. Since it'll be a weekend day, I'd call just to be on the safe side. The event I was at very sparsely attended so it wouldn't have mattered, but again, it was a weekday.

Enjoy!

Sarm was right...21050 is retailing for $149.99. The 21050 Studio is now live at the LEGO Shop! Coming on August 1st. I can't tell if it is only on the 1st, or if it is several other days too. I don't really care for the pieces, but I do really want to pick up the instructions manual to pick up some tips and tricks! The manual is 272 pages, but I hope it has pictures! :D