Flick Picks & TV Clicks

Guest eightbrick

Just watched ep 4 of Orville.  It was very Star Trek-y and actually pretty good

Orville is a complete ripoff of Star Trek. I thought it would be more of a spoof heavy on comedy but the third episode is serious with some jokes sprinkled. It is a pretty good show though but they basically took Next Generation and made their own version of it and changed the names of the characters and gave it a more comedic tone.
  • Like 1

Orville is a complete ripoff of Star Trek. I thought it would be more of a spoof heavy on comedy but the third episode is serious with some jokes sprinkled. It is a pretty good show though but they basically took Next Generation and made their own version of it and changed the names of the characters and gave it a more comedic tone.

Meanwhile, CBS and Paramount can’t figure that out.

I’m good with this being TNG v2. I’m an episode behind, but I was hooked with episode 1.

5 hours ago, jbacunn said:

Well, CBS Studio pretty much declared the concept of space exploration outdated and would rather play war in space.  Can't blame anyone else for taking the tested and true concept and ran with it :P 

• Like 1

I managed to watch Ep 3 of STD prior to my 1 week CBS All Access trial ending.  This felt like the actual pilot to the series (last week was the prequel movie?). 

Still not sure.  It piques my interest a little bit.  I think what I'm interested in is more the way they plan on reconciling STD with TOS.  We'll see...

Haven't watched The Orville Ep 4 (last week's) yet.  I need to watch it tonight.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Stud-Flipper said:

Giant gorillas just seem stale yknow. Like why gorillas? Let someone make a movie about a giant 300' rampaging giraffe

You know the routine.  Remake every monster or superhero movie a dozen times.  How many Spidermans do we need?  Godzillas?  

12 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

I don't know if it's just me, but I really dislike movies with The Rock in them.  I don't dislike him, just his movies.

A handful of the films he starred in have ranged from just okay to perhaps should have stayed on the cutting room floor. Dwayne Johnson is a cool character all the same. Admittedly I wasn't much a fan of his wresting persona back in the day.

10 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

You know the routine.  Remake every monster or superhero movie a dozen times.  How many Spidermans do we need?  Godzillas?

Well there is going to be a 3D animated Spider-Man - Into The Spider-Verse due this December. Plus with Hollywood and Toho both going full steam, we will not be running run out of Godzillas for the foreseeable future including a Godzilla versus Kong crossover.