Flick Picks & TV Clicks

Guest eightbrick

Guest eightbrick

Breaking bad is about how a good man makes a compromise of character and effectively destroys the people and relationships he was trying to save when making the compromise.

Umm....... ok.

Breaking bad is about how a good man makes a compromise of character and effectively destroys the people and relationships he was trying to save when making the compromise.

Breaking Bad is filmed here in Albuquerque NM.  Meth labs are all over the place here so its actually true to the area.  Cool thing about this show is that they donated a whole bunch of the props and costumes to a charity here in town so they could sell it and make money to help the cause.  Its a really good show but not for young kids (I have 4) so I really don't get a chance to watch it.  They are filming the final and last season (may have already finished) so it will be over soon. :yes:

Guest eightbrick

Breaking Bad is filmed here in Albuquerque NM.  Meth labs are all over the place here so its actually true to the area.  Cool thing about this show is that they donated a whole bunch of the props and costumes to a charity here in town so they could sell it and make money to help the cause.  Its a really good show but not for young kids (I have 4) so I really don't get a chance to watch it.  They are filming the final and last season (may have already finished) so it will be over soon. :yes:

Cool. I haven't really heard of anything being filmed in my area other than Hell On Wheels (a western I think), and the snow scene from Inception (filmed at fortress mountain, AB)

Damn I feel a little out of place here. I'm all about comedy.

It did start off rather serious, didn't it? I'm honestly more of a comedy guy myself but love a good drama too. I've watched Extras and still watch The Daily Show and Colbert Report. Speaking of comedy, was anyone a fan of 3rd Rock from the Sun?

Final half of season 5 comprising of the last 8 episodes has finished filming and will air in August.  I am incredibly hyped for it and will be very sad once it goes, such a great show.

"The Shield" was pretty great too. It's realy similar to the character you can love/hate, just like in "Breaking Bad" and "Dexter".  I heard "The Wire" is one of the best series of all time, so I still need to watch that one.

Movies, I'm all over the place. 

Favorite old school movie:  "Cool Hand Luke" or Spartacus".

Favorite 70's feel movie:  "Enter The Dragon" or "The Warriors"

Favorite 80's movies:  too man to list really, "Empire Strikes Back", "Superman II", Cheech & Chong's: Next Movie", "Escape From New York", "Scarface", "Karate Kid", "Sixteen Candles",  "Die Hard", "Rambo: First Blood", later "Rocky" movies, "Predator", "Commando", there are so many good ones.  "Ferris Bueller's Day Off", "Evil Dead", "The Road Warrior"

Favorite 70's movies:  "Star Wars: A New Hope" ,"Alien", "Superman: The Movie", "The Godfather", "The Godfather Part II", "Apocalypse Now", "The Jerk",

Favorite more recent movies, "Fight Club", "The Matrix" (the first one), "There Will Be Blood", "True Romance", "The Town", "Braveheart", Most of Quentin Tarantino's stuff (I really dig "Kill Bill" and "Jackie Brown", "Oldboy", "I Saw The Devil", "The Raid: Redemption", "Battle Royale", "Goodfellas"

I guess I really dig movies... Yes, I really like most of the newer Marvel superhero movie and the LOTR: Trilogy.  I haven't watched "The Hobbit" yet and I'm waiting until it is done.

Somehow I forgot the original "Tron" and "Tron: Legacy" in that list.  Shame on me...  Also, "Jaws", "Close Encounters of the Third Kind", "Indiana Jones", Bond Movies, "Heathers", "Jawbreaker", "Freeway", and the list goes on and on.

I don't like double-posting.  Mods, it appears it only allows you to edit posts for like 10min, can you up that to an hour or something?

Heard that most of the cast from BB was at the Albuquerque comic expo today! Wish I was there!!

I saw a few that were supposed to be there online.  My favorite actor on the show is Brian Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle is one of my favorite shows) but I don't think he was there.  No one else really stood out at the expo so I ended up not going.

With a side of "Ash" as his buddy in crime. :biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFriRcIwqNU

That reminds me. Anyone see the oddball low budget film, Bubba Ho-Tep?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7Qo74_L3vo

I was actually thinking of Autolycus, King of Thieves from Xena.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_JCnpbnLM0

Guest eightbrick

Movies, I'm all over the place. 

That's a good variety of films there... although I haven't seen most of them xD

Wow, this is some thread. I guess I'll add my crapola to the mix. I like movies a whole lot more than shows, but I feel the quality of television shows has improved quite a bit over the last few years, and there are a few shows I enjoy as well. Anyway, heres just the movies otherwise the list would be too long:

Night Of The Living Dead (1968 original)

Dawn of the Dead (1978 version)

The Thing (1982 version)

Blade Runner

The Road

Alien

Aliens

Scarface (80's version)

The Last Man on Earth

E.T.

Star Wars

Enter The Dragon

Fist Of Legend

The Creature From The Black Lagoon

Zombie

The Godfather I and II

Big Trouble In Little China

Lord Of The Rings Trilogy

Police Story

Hard Boiled

A Clockwork Orange

Gojira

Invasion of Astro-Monster

War of the Gargantuas

Monster Squad

King Kong Vs. Godzilla

The Goonies

Frankenstein (original)

Five Deadly Venoms

Clash Of The Titans (70's version)

Jason and the Argonauts

I'll stop for now.

Guest eightbrick

Anyway, heres just the movies otherwise the list would be too long:

It's already too long. Just kidding! Nice picks, lots of stuff from the good years of films there!

What did you guys think about the Hobbit? Despite being a medium-core LOTR fan, I found it a bit underwhelming.

Wow, this is some thread. I guess I'll add my crapola to the mix. I like movies a whole lot more than shows, but I feel the quality of television shows has improved quite a bit over the last few years, and there are a few shows I enjoy as well. Anyway, heres just the movies otherwise the list would be too long:

Night Of The Living Dead (1968 original)

Dawn of the Dead (1978 version)

The Thing (1982 version)

Blade Runner

The Road

Alien

Aliens

Scarface (80's version)

The Last Man on Earth

E.T.

Star Wars

Enter The Dragon

Fist Of Legend

The Creature From The Black Lagoon

Zombie

The Godfather I and II

Big Trouble In Little China

Lord Of The Rings Trilogy

Police Story

Hard Boiled

A Clockwork Orange

Gojira

Invasion of Astro-Monster

War of the Gargantuas

Monster Squad

King Kong Vs. Godzilla

The Goonies

Frankenstein (original)

Five Deadly Venoms

Clash Of The Titans (70's version)

Jason and the Argonauts

I'll stop for now.

I could add to my list all day long, "Dawn Of The Dead" the original (I just watched it this week).  "The Goonies" and "The Thing", great picks.  Too funny and I'm glad I'm not the only one, I almost put a Kung Fu category in my picks and "Five Deadly Venoms" is at the top of my list...  And I do love watching some old Godzilla.  Have you seen the trailer for "Gatchaman" aka "Battle of the Planets" yet?

I can't wait!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVKaIFxQa98

Guest eightbrick

Have you seen the trailer for "Gatchaman" aka "Battle of the Planets" yet?

I can't wait!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVKaIFxQa98

I'm sorry but without subtitles the trailer just looks like the Japanese version of Power Rangers.* Except they actually invested in special effects. Joking aside, I should watch more foreign movies. I'm sure there are lots of gems out there hidden behind Chinese characters and Russian taglines.

*kidding, it looks pretty good

Edit: Watched trailer again and I LOLed so hard at the part when the song started mid way through the trailer, the song's English translation being "Bump of Chicken". It's like those shirts they sell in Chinatown that say: "I very so am happy!".

(Disclaimer: No offense to Asians, in fact, I am of Asian decent myself)