10179 - Good Deal or Potential Scam?

stephen_rockefeller

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And not a very good scammer at that.....he is only gonna make away with 400 bucks, what a loser!!!!!! Go big or go home!!

Right...if its a scam, make it believable. Who sells something they know nothing about?! Could have "sold" it for $2,300 and gotten away with nearly 8x the amount of money. He is stupid to think he can scam, giving us a crack deal like that!

"If the deal is too good to be true, it probably is!"

Just found something: http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/tag/3716032943.html. He looked all right, but then again, I would have to sell like most of my collection in order to get it. Does it seem legit to anyone?

Looks like you get two for the price as the two pictures are of different boxes. The first is the limited edition run and the other of the second run.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Its says he need to sell them because of an emergency.......as long as you dong send him any money and go check out these sets in person, I don't see the problem. My initial reaction is this could be legit but even if it was a true story and it was an emergency he could get much much more money for these.....and fast, at least double if not triple what he is asking. I don't see any harm in going to check them out if anyone lives in that area.

As long as you can go inspect the set (seals, condition and weight) and complete the transaction right there in person I don't see an issue.  If anything at all seems fishy just be ready to eject.

Couldn't hurt to at least try...might just score the find of the year...