Star Trek

stephen_rockefeller

Anyone have any guesses as to why there is no Star Trek Lego theme? My only guess would be licensing issues. What say you?

Sounds about right. Maybe George Lucas does not want competition and worked a deal with LEGO to be the exclusive "space movie" theme. I would love to see a STAR TREK theme, though. I love the Bird of Prey.

• 5 months later...

I heard Hasbro announced at the toy fair they were releasing Kre-o Star Trek sets later this year. How the hell did ELGO let Hasbro get Star Trek...terrible... The Enterprise looks pretty cool. Too bad they made it like 400 something pieces. The Enterprise should have been the biggest baddest set they ever made... http://trekmovie.com/2013/02/08/hasbro-reveals-star-trek-kre-o-line-details-first-look-at-revell-enterprise-model-dst-cloaked-bird-of-prey/

I heard Hasbro announced at the toy fair they were releasing Kre-o Star Trek sets later this year.

How the hell did ELGO let Hasbro get Star Trek...terrible...

The Enterprise looks pretty cool. Too bad they made it like 400 something pieces. The Enterprise should have been the biggest baddest set they ever made...

http://trekmovie.com/2013/02/08/hasbro-reveals-star-trek-kre-o-line-details-first-look-at-revell-enterprise-model-dst-cloaked-bird-of-prey/

They look like poop.

They look like poop.

Yeah you are probably right. The enterprise ranks right behind the Millenium Falcon for me as the coolest baddest kickassamax space ship ever so I pretty much like every Enterprise I see. It's kinda like asking me if I liked sex or pizza...well hell yeah I did...even if it was bad, it was still good...

I was talking about the Kreo Star Trek, they polish real poop as much as they feel like it, but that excuse of a theme can never be polished ever!!! I did see that episode though.... it was gold!!!

I know exactly what you were talking about and I'll admit that there is absolutely no way to polish the turdity of KRE-O.

Besides that, that episode was pretty freakin' sweet, wasn't it?! Ha ha! Or how about testing the similiar myth of "the s**t hitting the fan"? Classic!

"Spock what would happen if Kreo was to start making Star Trek sets?" -Kirk

"Annihilation Jim. Total, complete, absolute annihilation." -Spock

I can so totally see this scene in my head!

I know everyone here is a LEGO snob and can tell the difference between Kre-o and LEGO bricks but I do not think most people can. I think Kre-o is the biggest threat to LEGO investing. Transformers and Star Trek are some pretty darn cool themes and the more people that are introduced to Kre-o the better off they are and the worse it is for LEGO. The best part is they are the same price...

I know everyone here is a LEGO snob and can tell the difference between Kre-o and LEGO bricks but I do not think most people can.

I think Kre-o is the biggest threat to LEGO investing. Transformers and Star Trek are some pretty darn cool themes and the more people that are introduced to Kre-o the better off they are and the worse it is for LEGO. The best part is they are the same price...

The threat of KRE-O is starting to fully form. MEGA BLOKS have some solid licenses, but the quality of those will never be worth what they charge for them. Every one of the few MEGA BLOKS sets that I have built just made my hands and fingers sore as hell. And do not even get me started on trying to take the damn things apart, that just hurts worse! I do not care for the KRE-O figures, but the quality of those bricks are right there next to LEGO, and if LEGO is eventually going to practically be entirely made in China, then KRE-O may start to look like the better brand. Ugh, creepy....

• 2 weeks later...

Kreo is manufactured by Oxford of Korea, a company equal to Lego in quality for the last 30 years. There is no possibility they will take off as a major investment brand because they are relatively unknown on the world stage and distributed almost exclusively in Korea. Only if Oxford wants to subontract to Harsbro for DECADES will the line become investment material.