Architecture series retiring?

Has anyone heard anything about this series lately?

I have heard that stores have not gotten any shipments in over 4 months. And I also heard that Lego and the creator of the Architecture Series are in a "disagreement". 

Think the line will go EOL even though there are at least 3 models that have not be released yet?

The Archtiecture line isn't going EOL to the best knowledge of anyone here.

I will take issue with the number of incorrect assumptions with this rumor: 

- TLC is the "creator" of the Lego Architecture line.  While I'm sure they license some/all of the likenesses of the buildings, there's not one entity that owns the rights to all the Architecture model likenesses that could terminate one license that would end the theme. 

- There are three designers that create Architecture models for TLC: Adam Reed Tucker, Michael Hepp, and Rok Kobe.  If one of these guys got into a "disagreement" with TLC and was terminated, the other two could ably fill in for any future models. 

- Third, the fact that there are strong rumors (and released pictures) of unreleased models speaks to the health of this line, not its demise. 

- Fourth, how many themes that aren't controlled by one license ever end so abruptly?   Lego will likely phase these sets out one by one as the licenses expire (assuming they pay licensing to the "owner" of each building) similar to their unlicensed themes.  Think Kingdoms Castle theme - the sets in this theme were phased periodically throughout last year, yet you can still find two sets of this line in Lego stores.

While this is purely speculation, I would guess that Adam Reed Tucker's association with the new roller coaster kits that work with Lego bricks may be the source of Lego's discontent...if there's even an issue.   I wouldn't even believe this rumor without any sourcing.

• Like 1

Like any theme, I like some models in the theme more than others.  I think the Robie House and Fallingwater are my two favorites, but there are others that are really well done (looking forward to the UN Building). 

I think people used to the modulars and the large scale models tend to hold these Architecture sets to their standards, yet these significantly smaller sets are purposely much less detailed than them.  The Architecture models still do an impressive job of maintaining scale and manage to look great for what they are.

My girlfriend wants a Big Ben (or should I say not-so-Big Ben?) set because TLG hasn't wanted to make a UCS or giant Tower Bridge-level size offering of it yet.

Yes, yes Cars 2. She hated the look of that one.

I really like the Big Ben Architecture model.  It's well scaled for a small set, and it emulates the building well.  Good coloring, and what a great use of that "stock" clock brick.