Target Australia has 50% off Hobbit sets

TheDarkness

I know. I was gutted not to see it online. That being said, not very happy with Target online. Ordered two Arkham sets, only one in the box despite the packing slip saying 2. The box i did get had a hole in it ( will be my copy now). Dealing with customer service who told me only one package was posted, and not entirely sure they believed me. Get the feeling I am in for a bit of a fight.

Yeah thats what I meant, that they have so little faith in their customers. They need to realise that is how they stay in business by people buying their products. 

I would go in store to complain, not over the phone that way its harder for them to brush you off. 

Hi Darkness. I owe you big time...

Just went to my local Target and bought 6 x The Goblin King and 3 x Unexpected Gathering.

All the other sets are also there but even at 50% they don't seem a bargain.

I accept cash only :D

All good, glad some people can take advantage of it!

The Goblin King set is one I am not sure about. I personally don't like the goblins, the dwarves in the set aren't exactly key ones and the scene itself was fairly pasted by many people. Also with two more movies coming I doubt there will be any changes to the minifigures really, so people might be able to get them later down the road in smaller sets. When I first scored my sets I thought it was a steal but now I am not so sure on it.

The Warg set I like. It all depends really on what Hobbit sets they release with the next two movies. Wargs play an important part so I would imagine we will see them again, potentially diminishing the value of this set. Mirkwood Spiders and Barrel Escape, well we haven't seen the scenes yet so it is hard to judge. An Unexpected Gathering is a sure thing, and I am going to hold onto mine for as long as I can because that set will always be iconic. I would love to have 100 of them I am that certain.

All the Hobbit sets are overpriced, especially here. 50% off though makes them all well worth it.

Success also

5 x unexpected gatherings

3 x attack of warg

3 x mirkwood spiders

5 x riddle of ring. 

They are overpriced but at 50% off cant say no and once they go EOL they will appreciate nicely. Consider there are 2 more Hobbit movies to come. 

The only one i didnt get is goblin king - I also am unsure of this, but for 75 i am tempted to get 2 or 3.