10243 - Parisian Restaurant

stephen_rockefeller

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Sold out since Monday here.

Already went from RRP 150 to 180-190. Shows how different markets are, the US bayers still sell it well below retail. I'm actually glad LEGO didn't reduce this set to 105 here in EU on BF. This sure is the EOL hype and prices will settle again, but right now it's climbing 10€ a day. 

Edited by elmaslıefendi

On 12/13/2019 at 9:24 PM, elmaslıefendi said:

Sold out since Monday here.

Already went from RRP 150 to 180-190. Shows how different markets are, the US bayers still sell it well below retail. I'm actually glad LEGO didn't reduce this set to 105 here in EU on BF. This sure is the EOL hype and prices will settle again, but right now it's climbing 10€ a day. 

On Marktplaats (Netherlands) some fool is still offering this for €110 (NISB). The next lowest price is €142. Will take a while before nobody offers this set anymore below original Dutch RRP (of €160).

25 minutes ago, HandyHand said:

On Marktplaats (Netherlands) some fool is still offering this for €110 (NISB). The next lowest price is €142. Will take a while before nobody offers this set anymore below original Dutch RRP (of €160).

This set'll do OK in the EU. And there's always that one fool selling too low, no surprise. Those get snatched away really quick though. If you list this set right now at retail price it's gone in minutes.

I bought them early in May at a good price, higher than Diner & Brick Bank, but still OK. For some reason this set was hard to get under RRP all through its shelflife. Let's see when this thing hits the 200€ mark here, shouldn't take longer than 2-3 months.

5 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

My guess is that PR will never do better than The Brick Bank. That one was state of the art . including the box art.

I wouldn't be so sure. BB was 250 here, since then it kinda stabilized at 225. You can still get it for around 210 if you're patient. I don't see PR not hitting those numbers. It's a solid 180 already, 20% over retail.

great analysis.. BB is out of the market for like a half a year already and you are comparing that to a set that still might see some return not just to SAH.. brilliant..  like it would not be the case of any larger set suddenly retired - immediately a wave of so-called FOMO buyers.. .. just brilliant analysis.. truly..  not to mention the lifetime of BB compared to PR.. that also speaks for better performance of PR.

On 12/14/2019 at 10:54 PM, elmaslıefendi said:

This set'll do OK in the EU. And there's always that one fool selling too low, no surprise. Those get snatched away really quick though. If you list this set right now at retail price it's gone in minutes.

I bought them early in May at a good price, higher than Diner & Brick Bank, but still OK. For some reason this set was hard to get under RRP all through its shelflife. Let's see when this thing hits the 200€ mark here, shouldn't take longer than 2-3 months.

Late Jan will be the sweet spot for quick turnover then it will probably drop back to stabilise.

13 hours ago, crayxlp said:

great analysis.. BB is out of the market for like a half a year already and you are comparing that to a set that still might see some return not just to SAH.. brilliant..  like it would not be the case of any larger set suddenly retired - immediately a wave of so-called FOMO buyers.. .. just brilliant analysis.. truly..  not to mention the lifetime of BB compared to PR.. that also speaks for better performance of PR.

What's up with the hostility? I'm just saying numbers & facts.

HERE in Germany BB & PR have about 30€ difference, I don't know or give a f about other markets, so why the passive aggressive behaviour? No sense! You can analyize a lot but what counts are numbers on eBay.

DO is is only 10% above PR literally crashed down from 250 to 190. I wouldn't call that performance. Just like I said PR will also rise & drop, so what's the f-ing matter?!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, elmaslıefendi said:

What's up with the hostility? I'm just saying numbers & facts.

HERE in Germany BB & PR have about 30€ difference, I don't know or give a f about other markets, so why the passive aggressive behaviour? No sense! You can analyize a lot but what counts are numbers on eBay.

DO is is only 10% above PR literally crashed down from 250 to 190. I wouldn't call that performance. Just like I said PR will also rise & drop, so what's the f-ing matter?!

I just meant that you are very hasty with your judging. It has not been unusual for so-called "retired" sets to re-appear again even 2 or 3 times after getting a tag "retired" - namely Xerion Claas Technic set. That was a tough one to go..