What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

20 minutes ago, redcell said:

Geez...3x buy-in nets less than 50% after-tax profit?  Your euro taxes must be way worse than I thought.

Not to go too off topic but it does depend on the country and how you set about your business (private seller or company). In my country, Amazon will only account for 15% plus 1 euro per sale - the rest is all income tax, value added tax and self employment National Insurance contribution (280 odd euros per month flat rate minimum even if you don´t sell anything). I believe it is way cheaper in Germany, EIRE and the UK as others may confirm.

If one was to set up a company rather than be a private seller, it would  be more profitable but you´d really have to move more volume and then start hiring accountants and other stuff like warehousing so you´d have more overheads.

I understand that volume sellers would hoover up anything at 60% or more off but small-time hobbyist sellers really have to be much more discerning or the chances of getting burnt are high. If you saw the video by the 2 UK girls who were flipping Lego (and other toys) they closed the Lego business because it was just too much work for the rewards compared with other stuff.

Edited by Val-E

11 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I have a shop with all the other PoP sets so together we could assemble a full collection. I´m the first to hate taking a hit on a duff set but surely these shops have to get off the po at some point and mark them down to clear space.

Never do, I've never seen a thing reduced, I could have also taken photos of the Alien Quest, or Star Wars sets with only 4 digit set numbers

• 3 weeks later...

Spending a week at @Shewie's home stomping grounds. Took a look around the toy stores in the city center. Found a Minecraft Microworld for 150PLN (~50 bucks), SW IAC for full RRP (I believe it was 400PLN, so $130, but could have been 500PLN so $160),  a ton of Lincoln Memorials for 150PLN as well, several Popstar Show Stages (on sale from 200PLN for 150PLN). Saw an Elves Secret Market Place at the airport for 300PLN (~$100).

Needless to say, didn't buy ANY.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Spending a week at @Shewie's home stomping grounds. Took a look around the toy stores in the city center. Found a Minecraft Microworld for 150PLN (~50 bucks), SW IAC for full RRP (I believe it was 400PLN, so $130, but could have been 500PLN so $160),  a ton of Lincoln Memorials for 150PLN as well, several Popstar Show Stages (on sale from 200PLN for 150PLN). Saw an Elves Secret Market Place at the airport for 300PLN (~$100).

Needless to say, didn't buy ANY.

From where did you get those currency rates?  From fortune telling gypsy lying somewhere in the city center?
400PLN - 115USD
500PLN - 143USD
150PLN - 43USD

You shouls have visited Galeria Mokotów with Lego Store there or EMPIK (book store) they have plenty of wall-e's

From where did you get those currency rates?  From fortune telling gypsy lying somewhere in the city center?
400PLN - 115USD
500PLN - 143USD
150PLN - 43USD

You shouls have visited Galeria Mokotów with Lego Store there or EMPIK (book store) they have plenty of wall-e's

It's what my CC company tells me I will pay :). No Wall-E's in the 2 EMPIKs I visited (old Galeria Centrum and Zloty Terasy). Might go to Mokotow later this week. Unless I find some Dragon Sanctuaries I'm not buying anything anyways .... too used to my 90% off at KMart ....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

I didn't buy the small seasonal sets, Town Square and the Train because they don't seem to be available on SAH in Europe, is that normal, thought I could get them last year?

It took me a while to find them.  Have you tried typing seasonal in the search bar top right of their main shop website?  That did the trick for me as i coundnt find any tab or labels showing the seasonal sets.

36 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

It took me a while to find them.  Have you tried typing seasonal in the search bar top right of their main shop website?  That did the trick for me as i coundnt find any tab or labels showing the seasonal sets.

Yeah, not showing up that way either. Just not sure whether we're able to buy them yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Saturn V at 40% off (cashback). Too soon and too much hoarding going on for my liking. Plus the 40% would have to be spent on full RRP stuff.

My time will come with patience.

That's an instant €50 profit flip you just missed out on ;-)

I didn't buy one for one good reason - they are not currently available in the UK at RRP!

These in the UK will be rocking horse poo and the sky is the limit. No other IDEAS set has been so difficult to get hold of for most of us.

4 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

That's an instant €50 profit flip you just missed out on ;-)

So I would have been back to square one as I would have had to spend the 48 euros saved on other in-store items at full RRP after the 40% off promo. I could take the chance that I would be lucky enough to spend it on the next Dragon Sanctuary but it´s just too much of a risk for the hassle.

At 40% off direct discount, I am in for 3.

Guest TabbyBoy
47 minutes ago, Val-E said:

So I would have been back to square one as I would have had to spend the 48 euros saved on other in-store items at full RRP after the 40% off promo. I could take the chance that I would be lucky enough to spend it on the next Dragon Sanctuary but it´s just too much of a risk for the hassle.

At 40% off direct discount, I am in for 3.

Sorry, I mis-read your earlier message. Too much sherry!

Brits would order 5 at RRP if they could.

Edited by TabbyBoy

1 hour ago, Shewie said:

160 sets from 70' and 80'
Majority of them are MISB.
Most of Bricks and boxes are in perfect condition.
Collector from Poland, selling as a bulk.

10000USD Approx, probably negotiable.

https://www.olx.pl/oferta/legoland-zestaw-ponad-160-zestawow-kolekcja-lego-od-1979rok-unikaty-CID88-IDpqbxX.html

Where is the exact list of these sets and which of them are MISB?