What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

8 hours ago, Rog said:

I went in for 4 cases when they hit £1 at Tesco and wish I had bought more. Got 17 full sets out of those 240 and sold them all within 2-3 weeks for over double my buy-in after fees/shipping.

I was also a bit unsure hence the QFLL so left plenty on shelves. Hindsight is 20/20. Got a friend to pick me up another two cases from his local and I don't think those will last very long either.

Aren't these Tesco only? At least you won't have to peel the reduction stickers off as these have nice sealed inner bags so I sold all mine opened.

Initially they were Tesco exclusive,  then showed up elsewhere.  Definitely at least at asda 

Guest TabbyBoy
3 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Saw a few 31084 for $41 and skipped... Not sure if I am getting wiser or dumber as I get older :drag:

If you're anything like me... both?

For example... I will NOT buy the Mustang if it has stickers, yet I will buy The Flintstones ?

I did not buy Star Wars Snoke's Throne Room, A DC Comics Super Heroes set, Adventure Time, Nexo Knights Aaron's X-Bow and Friends Creative Tuning Shop at Kohls.  It was a little hard to pass on Star Wars, but I have had trouble selling some other sets in this theme (insert TabbyBoy's down on Star Wars comment here) and the other sets were 5-6 deep.  The Elite Praetorian Guard minifigures seem to have some value and are only in this set so far.

Kohls1.jpg

Kohls2.jpg

Edited by LegoWalker4

49 minutes ago, LegoWalker4 said:

I did not buy Star Wars Snoke's Throne Room, A DC Comics Super Heroes set, Adventure Time, Nexo Knights Aaron's X-Bow and Friends Creative Tuning Shop at Kohls.  It was a little hard to pass on Star Wars, but I have had trouble selling some other sets in this theme (insert TabbyBoy's down on Star Wars comment here) and the other sets were 5-6 deep.  The Elite Praetorian Guard minifigures seem to have some value and are only in this set so far.

Kohls1.jpg

Kohls2.jpg

The Praetorian Guards are in a new battle pack, but they don't have the skirt/dress piece that these have.  Kind of bummed about that, this version of the figure is way better than the battle pack version.  They will hold their value, I would think, but he rest of the set is pretty much part out trash.

Guest TabbyBoy

I passed on Hermione BHz at Debenhams (Reading) yesterday due to price sticker on bottom of box, only 1 on the shelf anyway.

BTW... John Lewis (Reading) are putting more security straps on the more expensive sets, trashing boxes in the process. I managed to blag £50 off a Bugatti there, but didn't bite as boxes severely cut by the straps. The T1 was £69.99, but it's no longer a set to invest in.

Edited by TabbyBoy

Craigslist post. Guy wanted $99 for the box. Had promise with the monster fighters vampyre castle and jokers land batmobile sitting there on top. Figs were missing, castle was 80% at best, and there were no other parts to jokers land. Nice guy though and it was fun to hold peices of the castle, a set I've always kicked myself for not buying. 

00k0k_qYxn034My0_600x450.jpg

• 1 month later...

Went to my local Game Stop after work with son, it was a slow time of the evening and I talked with one of the employees at the register.  I asked if they had any leftovers Lego minifigures from the recent promo since I was hoping to work them in with anything my son bought.  I was told they had none left, they went quickly and corporate specifically told the employees not to give out any free to adults because of resellers problems.

It looks like Game Stop is onto us...

8 minutes ago, LegoWalker4 said:

Went to my local Game Stop after work with son, it was a slow time of the evening and I talked with one of the employees at the register.  I asked if they had any leftovers Lego minifigures from the recent promo since I was hoping to work them in with anything my son bought.  I was told they had none left, they went quickly and corporate specifically told the employees not to give out any free to adults because of resellers problems.

It looks like Game Stop is onto us...

Why are resellers problems ?

19 minutes ago, brickology101 said:

Why are resellers problems ?

Resellers are scum to them I guess.  Game Stop is to Walmart as resellers are to scum - in the form of an SAT and/or GRE possible word problem   Some corporations and companies seem to be cracking down and limiting Lego resellers is the point.

Edited by LegoWalker4

45 minutes ago, LegoWalker4 said:

Resellers are scum to them I guess.  Game Stop is to Walmart as resellers are to scum - in the form of an SAT and/or GRE possible word problem   Some corporations and companies seem to be cracking down and limiting Lego resellers is the point.

That just means somebody went in and persisted to get all of them, told them these are great to resell, or some other jerky behavior.  Probably more than one jerky.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have not bought the Jasmine Disney series 2 minifigure yet because she has eluded my smooshing attempts, resulting in only having 17 out of 18 of them.  Oh, how I long to find her bird to identify I have the right minifigure.  

I seem to be going down a deep and dark place, especially after re-reading my last sentence.  :( The first part of getting help is admitting one has a problem….Smooshing can make one feel odd and different.  I get the feeling somebody is watching me…

From the Rockwell song:

“I always feel like somebody's watching me
And I have no privacy (oh oh oh)
I always feel like somebody's watching me
Tell me, is it just a dream” 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...

IMG_1954.jpg

Found this lot on Facebook Marketplace last night.  It was two days old.  I was worried that it was gone, but she still had it available.  $100, and I instantly recognized three of my sets from when I was a kid (circled above).

Here's what was in the lot:

924-1.jpg

894-1.jpg

897-1.jpg

442-1.jpg

575-1.jpg

(Only half of that - no red tower).

Unfortunately, that was it.  And I already have a 924.  I couldn't justify spending $100 on that, since it was only 894, 897, and 442 that I'd really want.

Was at target and found several LEGO sets in the clearance isle.  Didn't buy a single one.  Why?  Because none of them were on sale!  That's right.  I priced a couple and they were still at full price.  (NOTE: LEGO constraction sets to lower left on bottom shelf and Solo LEGO sets on top shelf just right of center of the pic).  

Me: "Excuse me can you please price this? ...  Why is this full price when it is in the clearance isle?"

Target emp: "They have been discontinued by the manufacturer." 

Me: "They're in the 50% clearance isle but they're not 50% off?"

Target emp: "No, only the things on the third shelf are 50% off, everything else is just discontinued." 

Me: *facepalm*

20191011_130937.jpg