What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

Passed on 70725 Nindroid MechDragon for $51.  They had 3 on the shelf.  Call me greedy, but I'm hoping they get discounted further.  I'm not sold on this set, I think epic dragon battle overshadows it.

Taking some at that (cheap) price doesn't mean you would not be able to take some more later IF you can find some at a lower price.

I would have taken 2 or 3 of this set at this price. To make a quick flip.

(what do you expect ? an hypothetic 40/45$ ?)

I think I will pass on Double VIP. With sales tax, I really don't save much. A $150 exclusive with 10% back in points comes out to $147 after tax and not even taking into consideration the points are for a future purchase. Whereas, Target had em for $142.50 with Redcard plus free S&**** and no sales tax since I declare for resale. Plus it's possible to save a few more $ with affiliate links and obtaining discounted gc's to use. And I can order 8 at a time without any funny looks.

On second thought, it may be a better route to put in a little extra effort and take advantage of double VIP offer and just obtain a refund from the state.

If I was whatever the Australian's equivalent to Mark Zuckerburg or Bill Gates and found out my mom threw away my copy of that set while I was off making my billions, I might buy it for that much.  

An awesome iconic set that I have fond memories of, luckily I think I've still got all the pieces for mine although they're mixed into a big old tub that I've been meaning to sort through for ages...

• Like 1

If I was whatever the Australian's equivalent to Mark Zuckerburg or Bill Gates and found out my mom threw away my copy of that set while I was off making my billions, I might buy it for that much.  

An awesome iconic set that I have fond memories of, luckily I think I've still got all the pieces for mine although they're mixed into a big old tub that I've been meaning to sort through for ages...

Yeah, I think most of us on here have at least one (or two, or three...) of "those tubs" sitting around waiting to be sorted...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Found a new Toy Store in my local mall. They have tons of older LEGO. All retail prices. Small Space Police sets, some Pharaohs Quest, 6864 Two Face Chase, whole bunch of 9516 JP. 2 MINT Robie Houses for 199.99 ea. I did pick up a 9471 at retail. Had to. I may go back and grab those Robie Houses even at retail. Left a whole bunch of polys at a brand New 5 Below, including Mini Hogwarts Express, Tonto's Campfire, and Mirkwood Elf Guards.

• Like 1

Found a new Toy Store in my local mall. They have tons of older LEGO. All retail prices. Small Space Police sets, some Pharaohs Quest, 6864 Two Face Chase, whole bunch of 9516 JP. 2 MINT Robie Houses for 199.99 ea. I did pick up a 9471 at retail. Had to. I may go back and grab those Robie Houses even at retail. Left a whole bunch of polys at a brand New 5 Below, including Mini Hogwarts Express, Tonto's Campfire, and Mirkwood Elf Guards.

Dont leave robie or the guards behind

• Like 1

I'd grab those two face chases.  They've been gone less than a year and the price is near $80 in the price guide.

grab it now on target.com ... comes out to 49% off msrp ... paid $46 each ...

Taking some at that (cheap) price doesn't mean you would not be able to take some more later IF you can find some at a lower price.

I would have taken 2 or 3 of this set at this price. To make a quick flip.

(what do you expect ? an hypothetic 40/45$ ?)

Haven't been in this thread in a while, but I did end up grabbing a bunch of these at Target for $46 out the door with redcard.  These are definitely not quick flippers, I think they've been on clearance at too many stores.  I know see them everywhere for full price so I don't know why they were so cheap a few months ago.

I'm hoping to offload them at Christmas.

Left a whole bunch of polys at a brand New 5 Below, including Mini Hogwarts Express, Tonto's Campfire, and Mirkwood Elf Guards.

Hmm, I'll just have to swing by my Five Below then for some elves. I already have the Hogwarts Express from last year and hardly need another Tonto.

Here's an overall oddball trip for me. A month ago I saw the Superman Vs Power Armor Lex set return at Target only there was just the one on the shelf which made me think it was a random find by the staff. Nothing real out of the ordinary I thought at the time. Well on my next visit there suddenly were three on the shelf. Strange, it's as though the first one had kids. Ha. Okay then this last time there were five on the shelf. What the heck is going here? I swear the darn thing is multiplying! Every time I leave and then return there's more sitting there! The price tag is just as weird displaying $17.39 I think which is around 13% off. I don't believe I have ever seen anything with such a randomly picked discount other than maybe some odd finds at Walmart every once in a while.

On a side note, it would appear Target has placed the actual retail of $12.99 on the Sunset Speeder when for the past few months they had it at what I consider should have been its price of $9.99. The Highway Cruiser is still $9.99 thankfully for the moment anyway. I wonder how long that one will stay before also being changed like the other. Ah well, glad I got myself a Sunset Speeder before the modification.

• 2 weeks later...

At a Walmart I rarely visit I found a Pirate Ship Ambush for $75 and four AT-TEs around $65 each I think. The AT-TE does have a lot of cool parts plus is a neat build but it won't kill me if I miss out. Honestly I would go with the Pirate Ship Ambush any day before the Star Wars set but I already had an idea as to where my money was being spent which didn't have room for the Pirate Ship Ambush. If it still remains in port and I get a chance to swing by that particular Walmart again, maybe I will pick it up.