What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I was walking out for lunch planning to visit a local Kroger to see if they had anything on clearance.  Halfway to my car I stopped and turned around.  The letter to Legodelorean called me: "stick to your strategy, don't impulse buy, skate to where the puck is going to be."

So no Kroger clearance for me this round.  There will always be another clearance sale.

I also missed out on the Exos this afternoon.  The letter didn't save me, a meeting at work did.  I'm thankful for that because I probably would have extended myself too thin to acquire them.

It's hard to miss out on some good deals and stockpiling on some potential flips but I guess that's part of the investing maturity process.

• Like 2

I am no sure why but I feel a bit depressed that I did not get any of the exo suits...... I only have 2 and missed the chance for about two minutes......  I keep telling myself that it is not a big deal, I will catch the next deal (as I usually do) but still im uneasy..... I think I just passed the point of no return in Lego investing.....

I am no sure why but I feel a bit depressed that I did not get any of the exo suits...... I only have 2 and missed the chance for about two minutes......  I keep telling myself that it is not a big deal, I will catch the next deal (as I usually do) but still im uneasy..... I think I just passed the point of no return in Lego investing.....

I also have two Exo Suits, and I'm fine with that. I was able to get the last two in my local store. I wish I got more, but I'm happy with what I got. I already built one, and the other one is being stored in a safe place.

I found a 8110 Unimog today for 150 euro. The seals were reinforced with your average houshold tape and the box was damaged. The pricepoint is good but I just could not reliably judge if the set was complete.  

I always hate things like that. This could be sweet - but it would be a letdown. They end up nagging me for forever.

Trevi fountain. Still can't find them instore... I can hear NMM laughter in the distance

I found them in an B&****** - but left them there. In a short bit they can be had everywhere, no need to buy them now (although, it _is_ a nice set...). What I also left was a Robie House in a box that was only barely recognizable. Darn. I hoped for a better condition.

I found them in an B&N - but left them there. In a short bit they can be had everywhere, no need to buy them now (although, it _is_ a nice set...). What I also left was a Robie House in a box that was only barely recognizable. Darn. I hoped for a better condition.

I wanted one for my collection , was hoping to finally find one @ my BN. maybe next coupon round which should be coming in 2 weeks if they keep the same cycle going

I wanted one for my collection , was hoping to finally find one @ my BN. maybe next coupon round which should be coming in 2 weeks if they keep the same cycle going

Yes, I will get one for my collection too - just not as long as I keep finding retired sets. :)

Let me know if you don't find them. There's tons at LL CA. I'll pick one up for you at cost (10% discount, tax, postage) if you really have trouble.

• 2 months later...

I did NOT buy the lot of "vintage" lego on my local craigslist.  Went and checked it out and it was mostly little stuff from the early 90s.  Was really hoping for some 80s stuff, but was out of luck and the lady was asking a fair amount for it.  A little gun shy as well after just breaking even on my last CL purchase.(and was lucky at that)