What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

Today I only bought 2 of 10 Elsa sets at a local target - as Christmas presents. I don't see an opportunity to flip them now on eBay, and Craislist is not what it could be around here. So, to be on-topic: I didn't buy 8 Elsa sets today, although I know they were in the back.

A weird one today, so I was randomly shopping in Manchester nipped into the Lego store and I swear to god they had about 40 Kingdom's Jousts out on the shelves in like 3 different locations, including a display of one. Lego must of just shipped all excess stock to the Manchester store but even though it's retired I just don't have faith in the set at full retail, so just bought a load of key rings and got my free Christmas Train set.

Guest TabbyBoy

My 10x 10235 WVM from John Lewis arrived this morning in individual plastic bags where 3 boxes were squashed and 4 were slightly dented rendering them worthless to fussy UK buyers.  I'm taking the lot back tonight.  Very disappointed as this is how Argos send stuff out.

My 10x 10235 WVM from John Lewis arrived this morning in individual plastic bags where 3 boxes were squashed and 4 were slightly dented rendering them worthless to fussy UK buyers. I'm taking the lot back tonight. Very disappointed as this is how Argos send stuff out.

Was this a click and collect service or delivered to your door?

A damaged box MF. I have limited funds (mostly limited by the wife who may or may not murder me for starting this investment hobby) and have a few other sets I'd like to get that I see better long term upside in. It was a struggle though....

Yeah my wife is the same way.  She doesn't understand how this can turn a profit but i'm sure she will change her tune once I start flipping some of these.

Guest TabbyBoy

Was this a click and collect service or delivered to your door?

Delivered. I'd have rejected on the spot if click/collect. Glad they've gone back as I did order in haste. They'll be half price instore in June last last year maybe.

Someone tell me helicopter rescue still isn't great at $40

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

These were available for $30 from shop at home last summer, so passing at $40 is understandable. I bought six, and have only sold one as part of a bundle.

Hospital sets tend to do well once officially retired and unavailable. This set is still seen in the wild here and there, so I'm hoping they increase in value by next Christmas.

Someone tell me helicopter rescue still isn't great at $40

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

its not great at 40. 

its was available for $30 on sale at shop at home last spring for days before selling out.

i bought a bunch then - its a slow mover -was a mistake.

you can thank me later.

i think most people don't even realize its a hospital because of its stupid name "helicopter rescue".

at least the boxes i have are minty fresh.

seems like this is one of the most frequently destroyed boxes i encounter in walmart.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

Continuing my luck finding X-Wings, I found a 9493 at TRU today, but it's marked $80. I can't find anywhere that has it lower that TRU will PM. So I left it there.

Had the same thing happen to me.  I found one of those and a MF.  Had them pm the MF to WM 139.97 but like you said couldn't find anything to do the xwing and refused to pay $80 after buying a ton from 40-54. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...