What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

Guest TabbyBoy
59 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

3 out of 5 Lego orders tracked, the other 2 came back as non payable. No other promos used. All the Toysrus ones tracked

All 7 of my recent LEGO orders have tracked. Have you contacted them?

14 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Returning the last 2x 70618 DB from Amazon that arrived an hour ago as badly creased boxes which will knock at least 25% off the value post EOL. 

Now that's a little over-dramatic. 

15 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Asda and Tesco are still the best at storing, packing and shipping.

Tesco are also liable to suck. Often orders just come in bin bags, with concomitant box damage.

1 hour ago, John82 said:

Sounds like something has gone wrong. Both of my orders have tracked at 20% inc WTS with o2 snow globe, and caterham with £15 VIP used and £5 paypal coupon.

I would chase it up with the cashback site.

I have a theory that it is because I paid with Paypal. You go off the merchant's site then back, which I think messes up the cookies used to track purchases.

Guest TabbyBoy
20 minutes ago, Scatterbug said:

May cancel a Saturn V. Lego declined the 20% cashback. Let's see what CS says as I also have a snow globe riding on the order.

Was this declined BEFORE you received the order?

I have my order (creased boxes!) with the Snow Globe and I was going to return that order with a slightly older receipt for identical sets so that I can keep the Snow Globe. If my TCB is also denied, the rest goes back too if CS don't play ball. My TCB is still pending.

Of course, any vouchers and codes have to be approved by TCB before they honour it.

Good luck!

Edited by TabbyBoy

Mine is not showing as well on TC website but the order is already in Warehouse.
so I can't say much, maybe tomorrow I'll receive the cashback and the status will be properly adjusted.
179.99-10GBP=169.99 / 20% TC

Besides, beacue of the error on the website while completing the order I lost the 5GBP Paypal rebate. It's still showing under the wallet section but with every single time I tried I couldn't get this coupon working again in summary section.

32 minutes ago, Scatterbug said:

Look under >My Account >Earnings on the TCB site. I've now placed 4 TCB Lego orders and none have tracked at the proper amount.

I'd not noticed the declined section before, thanks. Nothing there, just no signs of it working either. I caved and ordered Ninjago City yesterday, If I don't get the cashback its going straight back.

13 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

I'd not noticed the declined section before, thanks. Nothing there, just no signs of it working either. I caved and ordered Ninjago City yesterday, If I don't get the cashback its going straight back.

Mine took 3/4 days to show up as pending (whereas a Tesco one showed up within hours) so give it a bit ;)

Guest TabbyBoy

LEGO... Get your sodding act together FFS !!!

I'm returning all 5 previous orders due to unacceptable box condition:

• 2x Technic Airport Recovery Vehicle (one was a birthday present and had no instructions inside, the other had creases along the top of the box)
  • 2x Technic Telehandler (one had one wheel missing when I started to build it, the other has a big hole at one end of the box)
  • 2x Technic BMW Motorbike (both boxes have slightly crushed corners and loose seals)
  • 1x IDEAS Caterham 7 (Yellow colours very inconsistent and one tyre is missing)
  • 2x IDEAS Women of NASA (one unsealed and the other double-sealed)

There are 4 sets which are OK (but still not perfect), but I'm so pissed off that I'm sending the whole lot back!

It used to be consistent perfection and how it's all gone to caca.

I am KEEPING the promo sets for the inconvenience and I told that to CS when I called them.

I'm now dreading the delivery of my 2 VW Beetles as they're going back too if not 100% perfect. I tried to cancel the order, but it's too late ;-(

Could it be that TRU and Argos receive their stock in poor condition? It wouldn't surprise me now.

LEGO is a company in very serious trouble and they only have themselves to blame!

Edited by TabbyBoy

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Scatterbug said:

Lego have randomly sent me another 24 in 1 set. Thanks. Another £10 in the pocket.

On set condition, always been happy with Lego packaging. I even lucked out with my recent Tesco orders - plastic bags but the sets enshrouded in large bubble wrap.

CS just called me back and I can keep the promo sets while returning the others. They also told me that I may have been sent returns by mistake, were very apologetic and I've been offered some extra VIP points too. A courier will collect the sets on Monday and they'll then process the refund. I still await the Beetles and I hope that they're perfect.

I've never had a problem with Tesco with the thousands of sets I've bought over the last 2 years, they are consistently the best. Asda are good too, but I've not ordered enough to judge consistency. As for TRU & Argos, I've never had an intact box!

It's not the LEGO shipping packaging at fault, it's the substandard crap that they put in there. I just hope that they're not sub-contracting this out to the cheapest monkey to save costs, it WON'T work.

LEGO... Get your sodding act together FFS !!!
I'm returning all 5 previous orders due to unacceptable box condition:
  • 2x Technic Airport Recovery Vehicle (one was a birthday present and had no instructions inside, the other had creases along the top of the box)
  • 2x Technic Telehandler (one had one wheel missing when I started to build it, the other has a big hole at one end of the box)
  • 2x Technic BMW Motorbike (both boxes have slightly crushed corners and loose seals)
  • 1x IDEAS Caterham 7 (Yellow colours very inconsistent and one tyre is missing)
  • 2x IDEAS Women of NASA (one unsealed and the other double-sealed)
There are 4 sets which are OK (but still not perfect), but I'm so pissed off that I'm sending the whole lot back!
It used to be consistent perfection and how it's all gone to caca.
I am KEEPING the promo sets for the inconvenience and I told that to CS when I called them.
I'm now dreading the delivery of my 2 VW Beetles as they're going back too if not 100% perfect. I tried to cancel the order, but it's too late ;-(
Could it be that TRU and Argos receive their stock in poor condition? It wouldn't surprise me now.
LEGO is a company in very serious trouble and they only have themselves to blame!

You are the only person I know that constantly has this problem as often as you do.
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

You are the only person I know that constantly has this problem as often as you do.

I reckon they are actually drop shipping him Chinese Clone Bricks - it´s the only way they can fulfil his large orders.

Edited by Val-E

Guest TabbyBoy
59 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I reckon they are actually drop shipping him Chinese Clone Bricks - it´s the only way they can fulfil his large orders.

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

They probably have a cunning plan hoping that I'll go away quietly rather than be banned again. Now that Val-E has mentioned it, I'll be building a set soon and I'll check that "LEGO" is on each stud - you never know as somebody who originally returned it may have put booger-bricks inside. Why not? It happens on eBay!

At worst, I'm keeping 6 promo sets and the goodwill VIP points ;-)

Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 17.41.07.png

Edited by TabbyBoy
lysdexia

11 minutes ago, Villager Chris said:

image.png.e8735e153c566e463638d5e4acd2f065.png

I can forgive a pricing error, but not when it's been there for at least a week. Typical Argos...

While I'm at it, half their stock is often unavailable. Only Smyths is worse for displaying products that are not available. 

That´s a passive aggressive way to enfore a buying limit of 1!

I've passed on so much in the last week and a half. I've been galavanting around, and seeing some of the crazy prices that spring up. Was in Lanzarote last week, found a few sets and near collapsed at what they cost; Scarif trooper buildable was €52, technic dragster €79 to give a couple of examples. Thought the lower tax rate there would be better for purchasing?! Just leaving Lapland now and it's just as bad, if not worse! At the same time I'm feeling lucky that pricing in the UK and Ireland are some of the best in Europe. Couldn't see how people can afford to buy at those prices! it's extortion!