What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

3 minutes ago, CrabslayerT said:

I've passed on so much in the last week and a half. I've been galavanting around, and seeing some of the crazy prices that spring up. Was in Lanzarote last week, found a few sets and near collapsed at what they cost; Scarif trooper buildable was €52, technic dragster €79 to give a couple of examples. Thought the lower tax rate there would be better for purchasing?! Just leaving Lapland now and it's just as bad, if not worse! At the same time I'm feeling lucky that pricing in the UK and Ireland are some of the best in Europe. Couldn't see how people can afford to buy at those prices! it's extortion!

Tenerife prices are higher due to transport costs to being a distant island. Irish prices are lower than average due to transport costs, being a distant island. Go figure.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, richiej1979 said:

1 x DC Comics 70902 LEGO Batman Movie Catwoman Catcycle Chase Batman 
1 x LEGO 42068 Airport Rescue Vehicle Toy

Total - £50.50

I did not buy these, I did add them to my basket though.

I did ;-)

12 minutes ago, Scatterbug said:

Another damaged Saturn V from Very. Easy replacement process but this is getting tedious (despite the £30 saving).

Glad my order was cancelled now.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Rog said:

I did not buy anything from JDWilliams latest coupon cockup. Cancelled and refunded today.

lolbingo.png

Think yourself lucky that you've been refunded. I ordered on 25NOV, and nothing has yet been sent to the pick-up point. I only got through to a manager today and they are now sending me a claim form that should arrive in 7-14 days (WTF? Post it now!). They will then investigate and come to a decision within 28 days. I've now contacted Trading Standards and Which? along with reporting them to my bank as a company that takes payment for something that they can't provide, which I'm sure can't be legal. What's more, they even have the cheek to use Hermes, the worst courier of all.

I just can't understand how these scammers idiots are still trading. If you check reviews, they are being slated all over the place.

Check your credit card statement to be 100% sure that you've been refunded. If not, PM me and I'll try to help.

Trustpilot rating: 1*

15 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Think yourself lucky that you've been refunded. I ordered on 25NOV, and nothing has yet been sent to the pick-up point. I only got through to a manager today and they are now sending me a claim form that should arrive in 7-14 days (WTF? Post it now!). They will then investigate and come to a decision within 28 days. I've now contacted Trading Standards and Which? along with reporting them to my bank as a company that takes payment for something that they can't provide, which I'm sure can't be legal. What's more, they even have the cheek to use Hermes, the worst courier of all.

I just can't understand how these scammers idiots are still trading. If you check reviews, they are being slated all over the place.

Check your credit card statement to be 100% sure that you've been refunded. If not, PM me and I'll try to help.

Really odd. My orders were honoured, delivered quickly and well packaged.  

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Really odd. My orders were honoured, delivered quickly and well packaged.  

I'm glad somebody got what they ordered. However, you may not be as lucky next time. A buddy of mine also got another order cancelled and JDW then had the bloody cheek to bill him the day after! There's no way I would buy from them now, even if I did receive a perfect first order.

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

This is what the email says:

Your returned items have been received and the refund has been credited to the credit/debit card used for this purchase. Please allow up to 5 working days for your bank to process the refund.

Returned items my ass. Their order management system is a total clusterfuck as well, one page is saying they are returned, another page is very specific that there's 3 sets in one package and 2 in another and gives me non functional Hermes links for both with a delivery date of the 15th.

On top of that, they only charged me today, the same day they "cancelled" the order, so now my statement is spammed with transactions as they charge each set separately.

Obviously I'll be keeping my eye on it, not like the bank will let them get away with it anyhow so I'm not worried.

Seems like they are just an elaborate drop shipper to me.

Guest TabbyBoy
9 minutes ago, Rog said:

This is what the email says:

Returned items my ass. Their order management system is a total clusterfuck as well, one page is saying they are returned, another page is very specific that there's 3 sets in one package and 2 in another and gives me non functional Hermes links for both with a delivery date of the 15th.

On top of that, they only charged me today, the same day they "cancelled" the order, so now my statement is spammed with transactions as they charge each set separately.

Obviously I'll be keeping my eye on it, not like the bank will let them get away with it anyhow so I'm not worried.

Seems like they are just an elaborate drop shipper to me.

I spoke to Hermes and they weren't even given anything for me apart from 1 set (out of 77) which ain't worth driving 7 miles each way to collect.

I agree, they must be a dropshipper and a badly organised one at that. They also appear to sell items that their supplier doesn't even have in stock, but bill your credit card immediately.

My bank was also suspicious of the 77 separate transactions and have escalated my case to their fraud team. Luckily I paid by credit card so I'm covered. I've also contact Which? as I want to spread as much dirt on these bastards as possible. I have all the proof so I'm covered.

It's a shame as their catalogue was very professionally made. I've now incinerated it our log burner!

44 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I spoke to Hermes and they weren't even given anything for me apart from 1 set (out of 77) which ain't worth driving 7 miles each way to collect.

I agree, they must be a dropshipper and a badly organised one at that. They also appear to sell items that their supplier doesn't even have in stock, but bill your credit card immediately.

My bank was also suspicious of the 77 separate transactions and have escalated my case to their fraud team. Luckily I paid by credit card so I'm covered. I've also contact Which? as I want to spread as much dirt on these bastards as possible. I have all the proof so I'm covered.

It's a shame as their catalogue was very professionally made. I've now incinerated it our log burner!

Perhaps they are a front for TLG, and this was an elaborate sting to unearth and infuriate some reseller scum.

Guest TabbyBoy
5 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

Perhaps they are a front for TLG, and this was an elaborate sting to unearth and infuriate some reseller scum.

LOL, you never know. I won't lose out, but it's time I don't have during the day.

If LEGO really wanted to sting us, they'd ask Asda, Tesco, etc. to ask how many sets they ship via the same email.address that they have on file.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy
55 minutes ago, Val-E said:

41122 treehouse and 41176 secret marketplace full price. They are doing well but not that well.

I won't buy anything at full price, even 75192 ;-)

Guest TabbyBoy
12 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Then you missed out on making a fortune on Elves and Bionicles......

Who said that I paid full price for them? ;-)