What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

Around holiday season last year, before christmas and after thanksgiving, I was browsing the dealnews app on my phone and saw a 20% off at some store, I don't remmeber which one now. I was debating for a little if i want to get the super star destroyer because i thought it was 'too expensive'. Soon enough that deal was gone and I was kicking myself on the nuts.

• Like 1

Dat sux dude. I dunno though, i saw it right after you bought it and i wasn't impressed. No pic of the actual set and no description at all... Probably worth the risk but I might have passed on it.

Either way I hope the seller enjoys eating a $16 fee for nothing...

Ebay will probably give it back to him.

Yeah I figured with Buyer protection I was good since there wasn't a description. If it had come complete and in good condition, would have made $50 or so off of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a $10 off $50 purchase coupon for Toys R Us that expires 10/26.  I've went in multiple times this week hoping I could find something to use it on and push me over $60 to get Bricktober Minifig pack 3/3.  I still couldn't bring myself to pair it with their inflated prices.  I also have $75 in gift cards and rewards I need to use, but I'll save them for another sale.

Guest TabbyBoy

I didn't buy any LOTR or Hobbit because they are STILL sitting around every walmart  I've been to on clearance.  NOT a good sign.

They are all over the UK too.  Why can't they just die?

I visited the LEGO store at Downtown Disney (or whatever it's called these days) today, and passed on some Goblin Kings for $75, a couple of Unimogs that were marked down 10% because of some slight box damage, and an Arkham Asylum also marked down 10% with some serious crunching of one corner of the box. 

I visited the LEGO store at Downtown Disney (or whatever it's called these days) today, and passed on some Goblin Kings for $75, a couple of Unimogs that were marked down 10% because of some slight box damage, and an Arkham Asylum also marked down 10% with some serious crunching of one corner of the box. 

Man i have never seen a Lego store mark something down because of box damage.

Man i have never seen a Lego store mark something down because of box damage.

I have. My local store had the TB & HH at 10% off due to damaged boxes. I bought the TB....... not realising it was available on Amazon at the time. Doh!! :sick:

They also had more beat up Live Star which was not Marked down, still

Guest TabbyBoy

I have. My local store had the TB & HH at 10% off due to damaged boxes. I bought the TB....... not realising it was available on Amazon at the time. Doh!! :sick:

They also had more beat up Live Star which was not Marked down, still

Couldn't you return the TB and order from Amazon Italy?

I've also noticed that "Live Stars" appear to be in beaten up boxes at quite a few retailers.  I'm thinking that production may have ended on these and there's just a massive amount still on shelves still getting bashed about by customers picking them up and putting it back down again. I ordered one from LEGO Shop at Home and even sent it back as it was bashed to bits.  Since it's been out so long, I'm going to pass on it and get more SSDs instead.

I did not really think about it, plus as it was sold damaged, the normal return rules do not apply. And mainly because I did not find out about TB on Amazons until a couple of months later :D

If you can get a DS for

Guest TabbyBoy

Thanks to a stupid customer calling me at just the wrong time, I missed out on a job lot of 24x 40082 Xmas promos that went for the ridiculously low price of