What do your displays/collections look like?

hreed1985

Do you folks have kids that know about your collection? My problem is my 5 year old son. We have closets and very small office/elf bedroom filled. We have to keep them hidden from him...or else we would make a nice display of our investment sets. We have talked about just displaying them..and letting our boy in on the secret. just today in fact....not sure if we should. If we do...ill get it on video to post here.

I cant believe how surprising and magical that would be to a 5 year old....that's we had almost as many lego sets hidden that are at the Lego store. Ok...maybe not the Lego store...but pretty sure we have our local target and walmart beat. Combined.

I have 3 kids 5 and under.  They all know about my collection and not to touch it, even the displayed stuff.  Though the 18mth old doesn't really have a concept of that yet so everything must be kept at least 3 feet off the ground :D  The other two have their own few sets to play with.

How old are your kids? He will obviously know soon enough...that was the point to my wife...show him now and make it magical...or show him when he is 6 or 7 and it probably won't be a big deal.

Just afraid to disappoint him that he can't open them...and that they aren't his. We as parents all know that won't happen..very hard to say no to little kids. It could get really expensive. Although...perhaps not. He is already lego spoiled and has most of them anyways. And he wouldn't want to open many of them..all the big sets don't really interest little kids. Well...I know it would at least cost me an asylum and a haunted house. The vws, bwings, town halls, fire brigades and lotr wouldn't interest him at all.

Well....ok....it would cost me a helms deep too...and a ranger train....and a passenger train...ok .....never mind....my wife is right! Too soon!

• Like 1

Do you folks have kids that know about your collection? My problem is my 5 year old son. We have closets and very small office/elf bedroom filled. We have to keep them hidden from him...or else we would make a nice display of our investment sets. We have talked about just displaying them..and letting our boy in on the secret. just today in fact....not sure if we should. If we do...ill get it on video to post here.

I cant believe how surprising and magical that would be to a 5 year old....that's we had almost as many lego sets hidden that are at the Lego store. Ok...maybe not the Lego store...but pretty sure we have our local target and walmart beat. Combined.

My kids (7 and under) know about my collection. Once in a while, they will ask to go into the "secret room" to look at the lego. It is fun for them.The secret room = guest bedroom = where I store the unopened lego sets. They rarely ask me if they can have any of them.  Maybe they know already I would say no or I would ask them what they will have to do to earn it. It works very well as a reward. It is amazing how much efforts kids will put in to earn a set.

Nice drum set.

Thanks, it a new Crush Drums clear acrylic 7pc with pearl rack, pearl hi-hat, and pearl,double pedals. All my cymbals except two small bells are zyldjian and the two 6 inch drums I made my self (605 Drums), I just designed a 8inch clear acrylic snare drum I am making now, can't wait to finish it.

Mine are all boxed up, the pictures wouldn't be very cool, sorry.  About the only cool thing I have out is the row of Modulars.

I'm the exact same way, all mine are in big boxes tucked away. Can't even see any box art..which is good since it removes all temptation to open some!

• Like 1

I use Billy bookcases from IKEA ($59.99 for white one)  http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/13690607/#/83688210 for medium and small sets....fits perfect (depth 11-13")..looks great even in a room....I don't have much room in a closet...my wife kick my stuff (LEGO) out....cause closet already full all ammo :) lol hard to find 22lr and 12 gauge shot shells...not for investing, :-)

Big sets in big bulk boxes....hate it...looks no good.

will post couple pics...later on.

BTW cases not just white, 5 diff. colors...some more expensive 79.99....black looks good too.

same here....Where did you get SuperHeroes minifigures displays? ...and HOW? :shocked:

You can also get them from eBay. Search "Lego Display" or something like that, and you get a load of results. I believe that LEGO has just started the minifigure display thing, so the larger, set displays are more common. They can cost anywhere from $75-$500, though their always the lunatic Larry who lists a $150 display for $1,000, and display listed for $75 go really fast. A great seller that Ed buys from (you have to see his displays/basement! Just watch the USA Today video) is named Toysondisplay. They are great displays at very reasonable prices. If only I could see that guys house! He's got like 5 of every display!  :drool:  :w00t:

You can also get them from eBay. Search "Lego Display" or something like that, and you get a load of results. I believe that LEGO has just started the minifigure display thing, so the larger, set displays are more common. They can cost anywhere from $75-$500, though their always the lunatic Larry who lists a $150 display for $1,000, and display listed for $75 go really fast. A great seller that Ed buys from (you have to see his displays/basement! Just watch the USA Today video) is named Toysondisplay. They are great displays at very reasonable prices. If only I could see that guys house! He's got like 5 of every display!  :drool:  :w00t:

I will try to find some locally....yep...they are really nice. 

This is totally my collection :thumbsup:

Lego-sets-at-Target-600x448.jpg

lol, jk ,I am not at my house at the moment so I would try to post a picture of mine when I get back in a week or so.

Anyway its from a target.

:o Are those HARRY POTTER sets I see there?! Buy, buy, buy!! Let's see...Knight Bus, Forbidden Forest, Hogwarts Express, Krusty Krab Adventures, etc. I'm going to cry if you have 10179 Millennium Falcons still...

He is in Ireland though, so maybe his country still has lots of the retired sets in stock? If so, I really need to move in with you, Colm9999...

no that was target picture from the internet but you could go to some stores in dundrum shopping centre cause some stores have real old sets like lego ningajo 2012 sets

I use Billy bookcases from IKEA ($59.99 for white one)  http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/13690607/#/83688210 for medium and small sets....fits perfect (depth 11-13")..looks great even in a room....I don't have much room in a closet...my wife kick my stuff (LEGO) out....cause closet already full all ammo :) lol hard to find 22lr and 12 gauge shot shells...not for investing, :-)

Big sets in big bulk boxes....hate it...looks no good.

will post couple pics...later on.

BTW cases not just white, 5 diff. colors...some more expensive 79.99....black looks good too.

On the ammo thing, good luck finding any .223 around here.  Stuff sells out so fast they can't keep it in stock.  There is something you could flip, though the price of ammo has gone up about 5-10x over the past few years, can't afford to go shooting anymore. :nea: