What do your displays/collections look like?

hreed1985

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 9:02 PM, Furious_george said:
Taken about ten years to get this far.

Didn't know that i have such a good collector around my neck of the wood. You must have been collecting a long time. That is quite a good collection, but you not into modulars? or that is just another side that was not photographed yet.

4 hours ago, inversion said:

I get goosebumps from seeing all of these pics. Seeing my stuff full of dust kills me. If I will ever have the room and time to do displays I am sure I will get some cabinets that are sealed airtight.

While my display cabinets aren't "sealed air tight", they do at least have doors and are somewhat closed off to the environment. I live on a large, fully wooded lot. As it stands now, I have to dust the display cabinets once a week, I shudder to think of that layer of dust settling down on the LEGO bricks themselves.

2 hours ago, c666187 said:

I thought there was already a thread for this?

There is another very similar thread. It's probably two-thirds storage room/area pics of boxes meant for resale, and one-third pics of sets on display like the ones above. They're both useful and impressive to look at in their own ways.

13 hours ago, Ted said:

Didn't know that i have such a good collector around my neck of the wood. You must have been collecting a long time. That is quite a good collection, but you not into modulars? or that is just another side that was not photographed yet.

No have never bought a modular to display. This collection started when my little boy was 4 and he only had eyes for Starwars spaceships and things. As he got better and better at putting them together I started to get him technic sets for a bit of a challenge. To this day I have still never built a set. He has always been my chief builder, I just help.

Now he's almost 15 he's lost interest a bit but I'll keep collecting and probably just store them in their box unbuilt.

He"ll be back one day. :)

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Ciglione said:

Wow! You miss only three UCS? Impressive!

We just sold our 10179. It's a great model but was such a pain to display, plus I only owned it for not even 2 years and it doubled in value. Ploughed most of that 5 grand back into more sets (new).

I think a new version is coming. I got burned bad by the snow speeder remake. Not doing that again.

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 4:30 PM, Vader888 said:

here are 2 updated pics of my collection.  Had to get a 3rd shelf from Ikea!  Not sure where I will put Big Ben once its built.  Hesitating if I should crack open my one and only TH and GE.  Still have R2, Ewok Village, ToO to build.....too much Lego and too little time.  sigh.

what's the name of the big shelfes?

• 2 weeks later...