Stickers: to apply or not?

Grolim

92 members have voted

1. 1. Do you apply stickers?

• Yes, always
    • Sometimes
    • No, never
    • I don't build sets

I don't like stickers, but some sets look just stupid without stickers on, take those Lego Movie sets and Maersk ship as examples.

That is very true. Those sets would look very different without the stickers that were meant to be put on. If you look at the 10240 Red-Five, you can put some of the stickers on, but it's a pain to put the canopy sticker on, and I didn't do it. The set does not look very different without that sticker on.

• 7 months later...

Is there a way to laminate stickers onto the lego piece? I might of heard from another forum or website that if you send a laminating company the stickers and the actual lego pieces you apply them to they will put them on and actually laminate it? Would you guys know if I can do this or have any of you guys done this? 

• 1 month later...

I developed a method while applying stickers to the ISD. I use tweezers. I am guessing the oil from hands is what is causing some stickers to let go after years. This also allows me to "slide" the sticker into place on one edge and lift if it's crooked or not centered since no pressure has been applied. Using this swipe method my stickers look fantastic and hopefully will stay in place. One other tip, always grab the sticker on the longest side and line up the opposite side. Grabbing the short side means more wiggle room for a crooked application.

I'm no expert, just passing along what seems to work for me. Maersk ship will be the true test. I imagine stickers will take longer than building it. And I am dreading the big UCS sticker later on :/

• Like 1

• 7 years later...
On 7/16/2013 at 2:23 AM, Grolim said:

When building a set do you apply the stickers if the set has them?

Curious as to what others do.

Of course. Honestly I think it makes the building experience more challenging in a better way and if you take good care of your legos, the stickers should stay with no priblem. I don't get what's the big deal. It even looks little nicer with stickers honestly. I've never understood why people complain about this.

And if you won't use the stickers, why by the set in the first place?? To make it look totally empty?