Shout out! What state are you in?(Australia)

stinger-311

Hi guys,

I just scored myself 3 x technic 42000 for $210 in total delivered to me. They seem to be retailing for around $150 so I am hoping it was a great score. Happened to find them on gum tree. She apparently has lots of Star Wars too but the postage to me was going to be silly. She's in Melbourne I think.

I also just saw Toot Toot Toys are moving so having a 20% sale off Lego. I haven't had much of a look but I have bought from them many times and their service is good

Talk soon

B

Okay, I can't seem to find a link but if you search for 'LEGO' and BABIES AND KIDS' and then 'INDOOR TOYS' in Australia, although you can probably put in Sydney or Punchbowl. As she is in Punchbowl.

She has a crappy taken photo of a Star Wars new box and in the ad there is actually three different sets in the photos and they are all $70 each. I don't know if that is good value or not for the Star Wars cause I didn't look and don't know Star Wars well.

But I suggest ringing her, because she doesn't seem to know how to list well as she had one technic listed with Star Wars and friends, and when I actually spoke with her it turned out she had 5 boxes of the same technic set. She said to me on the phone today she had about 40 boxes of lego to sell so not sure what she actually has.

Good luck

Hi All,

Adelaide born and bred, I'm a big fan of Star Wars, any of the Space Lines (I have a few of the originals from the 70's, definitely used however :whistle: ), and I actually don't mind the Friends sets, espescially as it got my daughter interested in LEGO :frantics:!

Looking forward to getting involved in the community here!

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Im in Melbourne! Would have said hi earlier but didnt notice this thread till i ran out of things to read on the forums!  I only recently reconnected with Lego and started collecting again.  I Collect Star Wars, Superheroes, Minifigures and Polybags Varieties.  I also have a bit of spare Star Wars and Superheroes stock that im letting go if anyone is interested. :thumbsup:

For the guys that has shopped on Amazon, how long does delivery usually take?  Cheers

I guess one question would be which Amazon?

I bought my first Amazon UK the other day, with the shipment going out in two lots, only to have one package, with two Olivia's Houses, came back as undeliverable. Certainly didn't make it here and get sent back, considering there were only 2 or 3 days from shipping notice to failed delivery. But I digress, sorry!

I guess one question would be which Amazon?

I bought my first Amazon UK the other day, with the shipment going out in two lots, only to have one package, with two Olivia's Houses, came back as undeliverable. Certainly didn't make it here and get sent back, considering there were only 2 or 3 days from shipping notice to failed delivery. But I digress, sorry!

What happen for the set that get sent back? Did you get the refund?

Everything I have bought from TRU US online has arrived (Sydney) damaged. You do save some money but most the time not worth the damage.

That's terrifying. Just bought few from them lately and waiting for it to arrive. By the way, how long would it takes for the item to arrive?

I was curious about amazon us. Bad experience or good? Should we start a new thread?

That's a good idea. A new threat only about buying online experience from many sources.

Hi people,

I'm from Melbourne and just came out of my dark age:) Noticed the post above about Amazon US experience. My family has used amazon US since early 2000 and have got all sorts of goods with no dramas at all.

Just got a SSD the other month. Arrived in pretty good knick considering its come from the states - I have had much worse batterings to lego purchases from ebay, even from the acclaimed FedEx - they were actually the worst in my experience.

Forgot to metion the returns policies of both Ebay and Amazon are pretty good and seem very consumer biased. Recently on Ebay I got a complete refund on a UCS set and got to keep it to boot. I didn't even ask for this or push hard - just said I couldn't leave positive feedback given the damage to the item and voila problem solved in less than a week from arrival.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Short time listener, first time poster in Brisbane. I came out of the dark ages August last year when I saw the 10179 MF and decided that would be great project to order and build with my 5 yo (well I did the ordering and was parts monkey for the 5 yo to build - lucky boy!).  About 2/3 the way through the build now.

I've only really got into 'investing' this year. I nearly bought a 10188 death star last year but chicken out which I deeply regret now.  However I did pick up one of the last 10240 Xwings just before the new year so happy with that. Focusing on short term flips on opportunistic sales (ie Myer had 20% plus an eBay 10% off allowing my to pick up Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle (75104) for $121 delivered) plus longer term on the bigger sets. Happy enough to make just enough cash to justify buying a big set down the track. Also looking at it on some sets like an 'Option' to build.

I'm quite amazed how quiet the Australian scene is here on the forums.

• Like 1

Hi all.  Thought I'd help keep this thread going.

Brisbane, QLD.  Just out of my 20 year dark ages as of Dec 2015.  The set that did it: UCS Slave 1.

Already purchased far more than I ever owned as a kid.   Collecting at the moment rather than investing, for now.  Happy to share in the general sales news etc.

Edited by braiko
  • Like 2

• 3 years later...