The Hobbit 2014

Funny, I thought the exact same thing when I saw the image on Brickset. This is a cool looking set, but price point is a potential issue. If it is supposed to be $49.99 US, Canadians are looking at $60-$65+. Lego had better not think they can price a set like this for that. We`ll all be very disappointed I`m sure  :shocked:

I'm with you on the Canadian price point. I'm thinking they'll price it at $59.99 CDN which puts it in line with Attack of the Wargs. I love the look of the set but I would have a really hard time paying retail. Who am I kidding I have a hard time paying Canadian retail on any set. I'll own it eventually, there is no way I can pass up anything Lego throws at me that's middle earth related.

Will we see an exact number of sets as the first wave at the same price points? I hope Dol Guldor (if made) gobbles up at least 2 sets worth of parts to make it bigger, something along the lines of Helm's Deep.

Yeah a Smaug would be great and something I'm sure they'll give us at some point.  I think New Line will be keeping a tight rein on any Smaug related toy if it is even in wave 2 somewhere, given they only teased us with his head/eye at the end of the Hobbit 2 trailer so have been keeping his full image under wraps.

Guest eightbrick

Hmm.... Now that you mention it, I'm quite sure it is.

Yep, looks like the same set up with two normal small boats put back to back. Thanks for the link Alcarin ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest eightbrick

Someone on Brickset apparently has the set names for the Hobbit 2013 lineup. From a quote "reliable source", I'm putting the odds of this being correct at about 75% from my experiences.

79011 Dol Guldur Ambush 19.99

79012 Mirkwood Elf Army 29.99

79013 Lake Town Chase 49.99 (already known)

79014 Dol Guldur Battle 69.99

The person claims the prices are in euros, but since the price for the Lake Town Chase is 49.99, which as we know is the price in USD, it could be in dollars. If this list is indeed true it is pretty disappointing to those hoping for a Smaug set in this wave. That said, the absence of Smaug in this wave will mean it is almost a given that the third wave will contain at least one Smaug-related set.

I like the sound of the Mirkwood Elf Army, but it's sort of werid that no small set is listed. 79014 Dol Guldur Battle sort of scares me - here's to hoping it doesn't end up like another Goblin King Battle...

For those wondering, here is the Brickset link: http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/11780/the-hobbit-2013-sets

The images below are from Brickpicker member: GRogall

Remember all my pictures link to HR version 

which can be +2000.pxl or higher!

79011 Dol Guldur Ambush

a_79011_box_front_800.jpg

b_79011_box_side_200.jpg c_79011_detail_1_200.jpge_79011_detail_3_200.jpg

f_79011_detail_4_200.jpg g_79011_detail_5_200.jpg

all images

79011 Dol Guldur Ambush 19.99

79012 Mirkwood Elf Army 29.99

79013 Lake Town Chase 49.99 (already known)

79014 Dol Guldur Battle 69.99

So Mirkwood Elf Army will be the next Lord of the Rings 'unofficial' army builder set (and possibly have a few of the polybag Mirkwood Elf), but the two Dol Guldur sets sound generic and slapped together. I'm not saying that as though they are false but as those names are not final. I wouldn't rule out Smaug appearing in the largest of this wave simply because his name is not in the title which could happen later on as these rumors are more confirmed.

Hopefully the pale Orc azog is in one of those sets. Fingers crossed.

I'm still trying to figure out who even started that "different-shade-Azog-minifigure-appearing-in-a-future-set" rumor besides some random guy on youtube watching the Brickshow. Why would they change anything about it? That one given away at the San Diego Comic Con had the best chance of being an actual 'preview edition' minifigure.

Guest eightbrick

I wouldn't rule out Smaug appearing in the largest of this wave simply because his name is not in the title which could happen later on as these rumors are more confirmed.

True. There's also the slim possibility that these rumors just fall apart and aren't real, or that as you said, the sets are misnamed or some are forgotten. But the chance of that happening is pretty minimal.

I'm still trying to figure out who even started that "different-shade-Azog-minifigure-appearing-in-a-future-set" rumor besides some random guy on youtube watching the Brickshow. Why would they change anything about it? That one given away at the San Diego Comic Con had the best chance of being an actual 'preview edition' minifigure.

True. That comic con one is just really awesome in my opinion. Come on lego if you are reading this put him in a set.