The Hobbit 2014

They look pretty good! Dol Guldur backdrops are a bit samey though.
Pros: Elves, Beorn, Radagast, Brown Warg, Azog, Orcs (shoulder armour!), Thranduil
Cons: Same looking sets, lack of head pieces (Orcs, elves) Necromancer

Lego making us wait until right at the end for Galadriel and Sauron it seems.....

At this point Lego should really just sell the minifigures separately if they aren't going to put the effort into making a decent set.  So, we get a rather uninspired laketown chase, plus 3 walls this wave.  Figures are awesome as usual, but they really dropped the ball on set design.

Those poor unfortunates who paid top dollar for the Comic-Con Azog figure....  :rofl:

At this point Lego should really just sell the minifigures separately if they aren't going to put the effort into making a decent set.  So, we get a rather uninspired laketown chase, plus 3 walls this wave.  Figures are awesome as usual, but they really dropped the ball on set design.

Those poor unfortunates who paid top dollar for the Comic-Con Azog figure....  :rofl:

Was my thought also... especially the last part lol

They really had to see it coming, Azog HAD to be in this wave of sets

Yeah but it might very well be different color... which would ofcourse still kill the value of the comic-con just not completely...

Sadly the biggest let-down of the wave is what my biggest hopes was... armored elves with helmets and new molded shields.....

The most positive surprise I had was the shoulders for the Orcs... I like them and want them in MASS :D

Sadly I will have to buy extra Elf hairpieces IF I decide to keep the Elves because I just CANNOT stand those LEGO hoods ... too big and fugly.... 

The biggest WTF moment is obviously (to me) the Uruk-hai swords in the hands of Orcs... (The scimitar sucks overall also :P)  I mean seriously LEGO??? what the hell... atleast give the Orcs Gladius while still incorrect it would look way better than either of the 2 options you took!!!!

Yeah but it might very well be different color... which would ofcourse still kill the value of the comic-con just not completely...

Sadly I will have to buy extra Elf hairpieces IF I decide to keep the Elves because I just CANNOT stand those LEGO hoods ... too big and fugly.... 

Agree on both counts. Whilst some form of Azog was a certainty, I am surprised it is identical. Still, I am happy to get the figure regardless.

I wish Lego would give us the option of hood/hairpiece for the elves, or bald/hairpeace for the orcs. The orcs with no ears look funny. 

Guest brickcrazyhouse

They really had to see it coming, Azog HAD to be in this wave of sets

does anyone think lego will release the other 4 comicon minifigs?  With azoq and the clone lieutenant being exclusive to an event then released more generally.   

Guest eightbrick

Meh. All I have to say. Unfortunately, the Mirkwood Elves set and the Dol Guldur Battle remind me all to much of this guy:

8813-1.jpg

But who am I kidding, I'll probably end up picking up most of them lol...