The Hobbit 2014

lol

Helm's Deep vs Pirate Ship ambush is the comparison.... 2 flag ships of the wave...

Helm's Deep vs Orthanc is even bigger price gap thanpirate ship vs Helm's Deep and these 2 (Ship and Helm's Deep) are considered top sets of the line)

Thats not semantics...

Oh, lol, I'm very sorry.  I had no idea that you'd take my general statement of comparison and then strawman the argument down to only taking the 2 flag ships excluding a really big set that is store exclusive for now.

Yes, based on your narrow criteria then Helms Deep is probably better than Pirate Ambush. 

My opinion is however not altered.  I own all the sets, and the only wave 1 set I have left on display is HD, the wave 2 sets are all on shelves and I can see them being there for a while.  On average, in my opinion, wave 2 is better than wave 1.  I think the vibe I have picked up around here and on other sites is that this opinion is shared by most people.  If you'd like to set up a poll between the two maybe that will shed some light on it.

• Like 1

It does depend what each individual prefer... i bet someone prefers Pirate Ship Ambush over Helm's Deep because he/she just likes ships, while someone else does not.... 

Oh, lol, I'm very sorry. I had no idea that you'd take my general statement of comparison and then strawman the argument down to only taking the 2 flag ships excluding a really big set that is store exclusive for now.

Nah I just did not bother to consider more ( I had it written and deleted because the topic is entirely different and would not like to go off topic) Its about Hobbit wave 2 rumors with set names (unofficial)

on topic:

I just hope Mirkwood army set will not feature Mirkwood elf guard polybags figures and will actually give us proper elves without hoods but hairpieces... or i will be extra disappointed.

without a pic its hard to speculate too much but im just not feeling to excited atm. i guess the Lake Town kind of let me down or maybe it was just the price point of $49.99 for a row boat and two tiny buildings :-( I dont know how people can afford to buy these at full MSRP, i just cant afford it, personally i wait 6 months and buy used sets haha

I wouldn't take these set name rumors as gospel.  The last rumor list we got like this was way off, so while there could be some similarities to the set names and what is actually in them, I would wait and see.  If there isn't a set with the name Smaug in it, I would be very surprised.   As others have pointed out as well, we are missing some price points there as well.  The small and flagship sets are missing from the list, there will be more.

Someone on Brickset apparently has the set names for the Hobbit 2013 lineup. From a quote "reliable source", I'm putting the odds of this being correct at about 75% from my experiences.

79011 Dol Guldur Ambush 19.99

79012 Mirkwood Elf Army 29.99

79013 Lake Town Chase 49.99 (already known)

79014 Dol Guldur Battle 69.99

The person claims the prices are in euros, but since the price for the Lake Town Chase is 49.99, which as we know is the price in USD, it could be in dollars. If this list is indeed true it is pretty disappointing to those hoping for a Smaug set in this wave. That said, the absence of Smaug in this wave will mean it is almost a given that the third wave will contain at least one Smaug-related set.

I like the sound of the Mirkwood Elf Army, but it's sort of werid that no small set is listed. 79014 Dol Guldur Battle sort of scares me - here's to hoping it doesn't end up like another Goblin King Battle...

For those wondering, here is the Brickset link: http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/11780/the-hobbit-2013-sets

There seems to be this rule that we always get one "peaceful" type of set with each wave of LOTR and the Hobbit (Gandalf Arrives, Council of Elrond, Unexpected Gathering).  Do people think that Lake Town Chase is the "peaceful" set for this Hobbit wave?  Beorn and his house seem missing...

It seems as though a flagship set is missing from that list. If there is a Smaug set I'm sure TLG is going to desperately try to keep it a secret.

It may be an exclusive, like Tower of Orthanc.  If so, TLC has a better chance of keeping this flagship set under wraps.

• 2 months later...

Lets use the topic for news and upcoming pictures of LEGO Hobbit sets...

some information from Eurobricks:

Well, I`ve seen blurry pictures of some sets:

- 79012 Mirkwood Elf Army - 442 parts, 6 minifigs and a grey warg - 2 orcs, 3 elves and some kind of elf king. A wall and tree in tan, dark tan and brown.

- 79011 Dol Guldur Ambush - 3 minifigs - two orcs and some kind of a soldier and grey rock.

- 79014 Dol Guldur Battle - 6 minifigs - Gandalf in grey unifirm, probably Radagast, some kind of Nazgul, normal orc, "white" orc (like Yzneg), and a warrior with big red beard. Set looks similar to Black Gate, only in grey colours.

And 79013 as we seen before. In december in stores.

Elf army sounds great! I only wish elves have shields/armors and good helmets like in the 2nd trailer... and tree is always nice!

• Like 1

Eee I must resist buying more...love the hobbit and lotr themes though! Can't wait to see the new sets.

Seems ill easily resist all sets except for Mirkwood Elf Army... if it really comes with 6 minifigures and a decent looking tree (+ warg)  especially if elven warriors atleast get 1-2 shields and helmets armors etc....

Other sets look meh... the laketown set for me is a letdown, the ambush is just okish and if battle is really like black gates then ill have no urge to buy them and will get Radagast on bricklink :D

So glad I read this today, I didn't know the new trailer was out and IT LOOKS FANTASTIC!  Much darker than the first one.  As for the set's I look forward to seeing them as well and glad they continue to make sets, hope this turns into a Star Wars type relationship and continues to grow.

Guest eightbrick

I thought it looked a lot darker than that at comicon or wherever that was...

About the decieving thing maybe I should email them demanding my cgi buildings once I buy it :D