10175 - UCS: Vader's TIE Advanced

Mos_Eisley

According to BRICPICKER'S #s and NOT Bricklink's #s, a swapping a MISB 10175 for a MISB 10210 is a good deal. A MISB 10175 currently is selling for around $220. A MISB 10210 is going for around $315. Bricklink's numbers are an average of the last 6 months and our numbers are an average of the last 30 new or used sales. The price trend for both of these sets is heading upwards...quickly. Comparing data from 6 months ago to current sold prices is not as accurate as the last 30 sales average. A lot can and does change in 6 months of data. If you looked at Bricklink's sold prices, they are way higher in April than in previous months, yet their 6 month average is way below current sales data. Also, the Imperial Flagship is has 400 more pieces and mini figures to boot. See if you can buy it, instead of trading the 10175, thus keeping both sets(which are both winners IMO).

Both are quality sets. It's a push to me. As for Bricklink's 6 month average, it's not all that accurate in my opinion. Lego sets are known to skyrocket at times. These two sets look like they are making their move upwards and Bricklink's 6 month average is way low. Data from April looks closer to reality, yet there is only 4-6 sold listings to make a judgement from. Brickpicker's data is closer to the real current price.

Sorry for not suggesting the Brickpicker price guide, I still haven't gotten used to it being my go-to price guide. But my point is that if you want to find out if two sets are equal in terms of value, go to a price guide of some sort and see what they say. I'd say 10210 is a much better set even though I am a Star Wars fan.

Sorry for not suggesting the Brickpicker price guide, I still haven't gotten used to it being my go-to price guide. But my point is that if you want to find out if two sets are equal in terms of value, go to a price guide of some sort and see what they say. I'd say 10210 is a much better set even though I am a Star Wars fan.

That's OK...It will take some time for us to thought of in the same context as quality sites like Brickset and Bricklink. I use and look at those sites all the time. We are not trying to be either, just find a niche somewhere in between. Bricklink's numbers are usually very similar to ours and we even approached Bricklink about letting us use their info, to have even more data to draw from, but they were not interested. Maybe one day they will change their mind.

• 1 year later...

Picked up a 10175 Vader's Tie Advanced. Anyone have the instructions or box for sale / trade?

I paid only $74 and it's pretty good shape. The stand and UCS sticker are in great shape. Only missing about 15-20 common elements. Also missing the instructions and manual though, before I try bricklink, thought i'll post here to see if anyone has a box and or instruction manual to sell.

• 5 years later...

The set has more velocity on eBay. Goes for US $250-450 used. Low end is usually without box.

If you're paying CAD, that's below market rate for display at the current exchange rate. And if you can find a buyer down the line, there should be some profit.

There haven't been any rumors of remakes but it's a permanent risk now.

The set has more velocity on eBay. Goes for US $250-450 used. Low end is usually without box.
If you're paying CAD, that's below market rate for display at the current exchange rate. And if you can find a buyer down the line, there should be some profit.
There haven't been any rumors of remakes but it's a permanent risk now.

True enough for remake risk. Thanks for the reply.