LEGO Marvel Super Heroes videogame

comicblast

Brick Fanatics is reporting a LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Game Trailer on Youtube: 

I'm a bit confused by the trailer, but we'll see how it turns out when it actually is released!!

Finally, there's an awesome poster for the game, and I have to say...it looks like the best part!

bp_1374356630__screen_shot_2013-07-20_at

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Am I the only one who really really really want to have an actual Stan Lee minifigure ?  They need to create a "Deluxe version" of the game that comes with a Stan Lee minifig :)

I'm almost surprised they have not already done a Stan Lee minifigure as a Comic-Con exclusive of course meaning only 200 or less people out of the entire world will have one either because they won it or went broke.

It kind of confuses me they didn't make separate games. Seems like you just threw everything into one game. Honestly, this is probably better but in the video game world and the way they have done their other games, this is a little different.

Now we just need a super marvel smash brothers mode.

I do not know if you played the LEGO Clone Wars video games, but they crammed so many playable Jedis, siths, Clones, aliens, etc that you got to control at different points in the storyline.  The storyline was divided into missions and there were only a few characters that could be controled per stroyline mission.  Once a storyline mission was completed, the area was opened for Free Play mode where players could use any unlocked characters. These characters might have different kind of interactions with the environment due to their powers / abilities. 

Come to think of it, this is pretty much how things work in all of LEGO video games developed by Tt. LEGO Marvel video game should not be any different.

ETA: In any LEGO video games, any 2 players can duke it out using any unlocked characters.  Of course since it is LEGO, once defeated, the characters are automatically revived with tiny impunity. 

I do not know if you played the LEGO Clone Wars video games, but they crammed so many playable Jedis, siths, Clones, aliens, etc that you got to control at different points in the storyline.  The storyline was divided into missions and there were only a few characters that could be controled per stroyline mission.  Once a storyline mission was completed, the area was opened for Free Play mode where players could use any unlocked characters. These characters might have different kind of interactions with the environment due to their powers / abilities. 

Come to think of it, this is pretty much how things work in all of LEGO video games developed by Tt. LEGO Marvel video game should not be any different.

ETA: In any LEGO video games, any 2 players can duke it out using any unlocked characters.  Of course since it is LEGO, once defeated, the characters are automatically revived with tiny impunity. 

Hmm, no I haven't. I have only played the Lego star Wars, Lego POTC, and those games. So I guess the others are different.

Hmm, no I haven't. I have only played the Lego star Wars, Lego POTC, and those games. So I guess the others are different.

How so ?  In LEGO Star Wars Original Trilogy, each movie was split to several missions / chapters for game playing purposes.  Each storyline chapter has principal characters, for example Leia, rebel captain, and R2-D2 in movie IV chapter 1.  This princess Leia had different abilities than Boushh Leia in movie VI chapter 1. As the results, we got many different characters to play with throughout the game. 

Tt could have split the game to 3, but if the chapters could be woven into 1 (semi-)cohesive srotyline, 1 game was sufficient.

How so ?  In LEGO Star Wars Original Trilogy, each movie was split to several missions / chapters for game playing purposes.  Each storyline chapter has principal characters, for example Leia, rebel captain, and R2-D2 in movie IV chapter 1.  This princess Leia had different abilities than Boushh Leia in movie VI chapter 1. As the results, we got many different characters to play with throughout the game. 

Tt could have split the game to 3, but if the chapters could be woven into 1 (semi-)cohesive srotyline, 1 game was sufficient.

Oh yeah - well its been a long time would be one reason. But I meant more crossover from other genres. So in Star Wars they were still all star Wars characters. In the marvel game, they are all marvel but all different stories, backgrounds. THats what I meant.

But now that I think of it, you are right, they did have it where you got a lot of different characters.

• 4 weeks later...

Game informer arty said some new maxifigures. Did anyone notice that walmart jacked game price up to $64.99? Usually $59 for new ps3 games. Sticking it to us for the patriot promo.

Wow I redid my pre-order on 9/29 and my price was $49.96. Sure hope it's an error or something. A $15 jump is pretty significant unless they're charging for the "free" Iron Patriot minifigure. Even Gamestop has it at $49.99.

• 2 weeks later...